Aldeer.com

Verizon cameras!

Posted By: ElkHunter

Verizon cameras! - 05/06/15 02:38 PM

Going to attend a training class on setting up/operating the new Verizon MINE cameras Friday! I am pumped!!!! This will be the initial group of 20 cameras. After some serious testing, hopefully all the bugs will be worked out and we will start getting them in stock. Look out piggies!
Posted By: Bowhunter84

Re: Verizon cameras! - 05/06/15 02:40 PM

Good deal!
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Verizon cameras! - 05/06/15 03:35 PM

Well by god!! someone, please tell rootstick!! laugh
Posted By: donbradford

Re: Verizon cameras! - 05/06/15 03:36 PM

What is it about the Verizon thats so much better than the AT&T, In my area with the phones, neither is worth a crap if your not in town.

Re: Verizon cameras! - 05/06/15 03:59 PM

Don, in some areas you are very correct. But, there are lots of places that AT&T won't pick up and Verizon will.
Posted By: k bush

Re: Verizon cameras! - 05/06/15 06:00 PM

Would an amplifier like the Wilson work on the cameras? It would add a couple of hundred dollars to the cost. But if they work it might be worth it in some applications.

Re: Verizon cameras! - 05/06/15 06:14 PM

We have a booster antenna that we sell along with the camera if needed. We sell it for $100.
Posted By: Hogwild

Re: Verizon cameras! - 05/09/15 03:45 AM

A true Amplifier could be set up several hundred feet from the camera in an area, and at an elevation, that has service and then would re-transmit the wireless signal.

But, like kbush said, they are a little more expensive....

Any catches with the Verizon yet?
Posted By: bill

Re: Verizon cameras! - 05/09/15 10:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Bustinbeards
Well by god!! someone, please tell rootstick!! laugh

Ever heard the expression " in like a lion out like a lamb"?
Posted By: rootstick

Re: Verizon cameras! - 05/11/15 11:16 PM

Did you get the service from verizon, or did you go to another company who had verizon and are purchasing their equipment and calling it your own? I think you went to another company who had verizon and are using them but putting your name. If so, you can make the equipment your selling for $2500 for less than $1000.
Posted By: rootstick

Re: Verizon cameras! - 05/11/15 11:31 PM

HCO outdoor Cameras is what you purchased and putting your name on.

Re: Verizon cameras! - 05/12/15 08:40 AM

Originally Posted By: rootstick

Really, can you show me an HCO camera that will operate our traps?
Posted By: Downwind

Re: Verizon cameras! - 05/12/15 01:33 PM

Originally Posted By: ElkHunter
Originally Posted By: rootstick

Really, can you show me an HCO camera that will operate our traps?

Crickets
Posted By: James

Re: Verizon cameras! - 05/12/15 05:21 PM

Wth popcorn

Re: Verizon cameras! - 05/12/15 05:42 PM

Just a simple statement here......

I don't see the big deal. I have wondered the whole time what the issue was. I suppose copyrights, patents or something. ANY cellular camera that takes SMS commands should be able to trigger a relay to operate a solenoid and do virtually anything that you can supply power to.

It should not be difficult.

Re: Verizon cameras! - 05/13/15 08:10 PM

Danny,

There lots of parts of Alabama that don't get AT&T service but do get Verizon. This camera is going to open up all those areas. And I am aware that there are still areas up and down the Tombigbee that get neither! LOL

Re: Verizon cameras! - 05/13/15 08:31 PM

I understand that!

I just don't understand why people think that a cellular device triggering a relay is 'magic'.
Posted By: NightHunter

Re: Verizon cameras! - 05/13/15 09:15 PM

Trigger systems can be built out of several things that will work from several hundred yards to a hand full of miles if you know what you are doing. But the parts tend to be fairly expensive and you again, you have to know what you are doing.
Posted By: Chancetribe

Re: Verizon cameras! - 05/19/15 09:50 PM

Originally Posted By: NightHunter
Trigger systems can be built out of several things that will work from several hundred yards to a hand full of miles if you know what you are doing. But the parts tend to be fairly expensive and you again, you have to know what you are doing.

Yep, it's all just ones and zeros.

Jeremy
Posted By: NightHunter

Re: Verizon cameras! - 05/20/15 11:58 AM

That it is. If you are an electrical engineer you can make it on the reasonable side but most of us aren't frown

© 2024 ALDEER.COM