Aldeer.com

Joint Vetch

Posted By: bambam32

Joint Vetch - 04/24/23 11:43 AM

I just ordered some joint vetch for a 1/4 acre patch. I want to try planting more perennials. I’m hoping I can get everything right so it will come back every year. It ain’t cheap. Anybody had luck with it?
Posted By: Mdees

Re: Joint Vetch - 04/24/23 12:20 PM

I’m just starting to try joint vetch myself this year so I can’t comment on multi year return. All of my local places are out and say they don’t know when they’ll get more seed. The prices online have been higher than I’m willing to spend ($50/5# vs $30/5#). I have a line on some unused vetch seed but I also bought two of the WMS summer patch which contains joint vetch, alyce clover and buckwheat.
Posted By: filespinner

Re: Joint Vetch - 04/25/23 01:17 AM

I'm going to try it in a couple of weeks. Going to spray, throw and mow. I'm going to do joint vetch and alyce clover. Hopefully with the small seeds, T and M will work. 50lb bag of joint vetch $300, 50lb of alyce clover $200. Going to be an expensive experiment.

Re: Joint Vetch - 04/25/23 03:21 AM

I paid $60 for 5 lbs with shipping from East Texas something website. I’d also like to try Durant clover. We will be getting the lime buggy at our place in a few weeks. Once we get that finished up I hope to get my experimental plots going.
Posted By: Lockjaw

Re: Joint Vetch - 04/25/23 03:48 PM

Durana clover is some good stuff if you plant it in the fall and let it get established. I like that it spreads well.
Posted By: mdf

Re: Joint Vetch - 04/27/23 01:34 PM

BamBam where did you order the joint vetch from ? How much and shipping fee.? Were really wanting
to try it in our smaller plots. I haven't been able to find any in north alabama. WMS said they were out and
probably wouldn't get any in. They called it aeschynomene but I believe it is the same as joint vetch.
Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Re: Joint Vetch - 04/28/23 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by mdf
BamBam where did you order the joint vetch from ? How much and shipping fee.? Were really wanting
to try it in our smaller plots. I haven't been able to find any in north alabama. WMS said they were out and
probably wouldn't get any in. They called it aeschynomene but I believe it is the same as joint vetch.
Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

East Texas Seed Company. It was $45 for 5 lbs and $16 shipping. I received my order in four days.
Posted By: k bush

Re: Joint Vetch - 04/28/23 04:40 PM

G&D in Grove Hill still has several bags of WMS Summer Spot, it’s the smaller bags. They may have some larger bags as well
Posted By: mdf

Re: Joint Vetch - 04/29/23 02:48 PM

G&D website says no shipping I believe. I'm to far away
to drive for it. Found a mix that has vetch in it at Wilborns
Outdoors in cullman.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM