Aldeer.com

Planting date

Posted By: k bush

Planting date - 04/01/23 02:23 AM

If you’re in the southern half of the state and were going to plants a mix of beans/corn when would you plant this year ? Next 2 weeks, end of April, early May etc ???

Posted By: jake5050

Re: Planing date - 04/01/23 02:38 AM

I planted soybeans and corn yesterday. I planted last year in April and didn't get rain when I needed it and it didn't produce. I'm in Elmore county which is 30 miles from Montgomery
Posted By: BayedUp

Re: Planing date - 04/01/23 11:31 AM

I’m planning on early may so hopefully the river won’t get out of the banks.
Posted By: k bush

Re: Planing date - 04/01/23 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by jake5050
I planted soybeans and corn yesterday. I planted last year in April and didn't get rain when I needed it and it didn't produce. I'm in Elmore county which is 30 miles from Montgomery

Mixed or separate plots? I’m going to add a little corn mainly for structure so the forage beans have something to run on. Got a little under 3 acre’s ready for an electric fence to help keep pressure down until the beans get established.
Posted By: jake5050

Re: Planing date - 04/01/23 12:03 PM

Mixed, I rowed out my biggest field with eagle soybeans and corn. My other field I broadcast with conventional soybeans and corn. It looks like it was a good idea after the rain today. I might have 3 plus or minus acres I planted
Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: Planing date - 04/03/23 06:52 PM

May is too late IMO.

I would prefer Corn to already be planted... beans for sure by the end of April. I have never had a great crop planting in May and sometimes even April isn't early enough.
Posted By: Lockjaw

Re: Planing date - 04/07/23 08:16 PM

I've never had an issue planting in early May. Heck I planted one field at the end of May.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Planing date - 04/07/23 10:06 PM

Lots of fields here are literally underwater today. I'm talking real farmers. I don't think there's been really anything planted yet best I can tell. Fields have been sprayed but no seed in the ground.
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Planing date - 04/09/23 01:57 PM

For the last 25 years, I've always planted in May in Talladega county. Hell we've had frost after the April 15th before. No need to get in a hurry. Putting heavy equip on wet fields is how you get hard pan soil.
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: Planing date - 04/12/23 03:15 PM

I’ve never planted a summer crop before May 1 in north AL. You’ve got plenty of time.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM