Aldeer.com

Dewormer

Posted By: coach2

Dewormer - 02/24/23 02:15 AM

Anyone ever dewormed their deer? We have done it before I do not remember what we did or if it was worth it. Curious to what others think?
Posted By: DonH

Re: Dewormer - 03/02/23 08:27 PM

goat dewormer at tractor supply 20 bucks a bag . each feeder gets a bag a year...body weights have improved over last 3 years..
Posted By: Stickers

Re: Dewormer - 03/02/23 10:47 PM

Now THAT is a new and interesting thought to consider.
Posted By: TDog93

Re: Dewormer - 03/03/23 12:22 AM

What say ye Mbrock???
Posted By: stl32

Re: Dewormer - 03/03/23 03:42 PM

Sounds like a great idea, I have often wondered if there was a way to supplement something to give them relief from Ticks.
Posted By: coach2

Re: Dewormer - 03/05/23 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by DonH
goat dewormer at tractor supply 20 bucks a bag . each feeder gets a bag a year...body weights have improved over last 3 years..

Did you mix with corn?
Posted By: buzzard

Re: Dewormer - 03/06/23 01:27 AM

Hunter specialties was doing something with their mineral they sell , or did at one time, that supposedly had a vitamin (maybe B) that was to help against ticks. At least that was the claim.
I’ve never opened a deer to see how many worms they actually had in them. I know if you could do something for ticks it would have to help. I’m sure it would be the same for worms
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: Dewormer - 03/06/23 03:04 PM

I don’t own any deer therefore I do not worry about worming them. They are not domesticated animals and have natural immunities to most parasites. I’m not going to mess with Mother Nature’s work.
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: Dewormer - 03/06/23 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Stickers
Now THAT is a new and interesting thought to consider.
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: Dewormer - 03/07/23 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by TDog93
What say ye Mbrock???

Internal Parasite loads in healthy deer are not at such high levels to negatively impact their growth or development.
Posted By: TDog93

Re: Dewormer - 03/07/23 05:49 AM

Thanks
Posted By: BradB

Re: Dewormer - 03/07/23 02:37 PM

They do it on the most expensive leases in central Florida. The Mormon Ranch is very very heavily managed and I know they provide de wormer. My old boss had a lease out there. If you think Florida deer are small like I did at one time you would be very wrong. They grow some phenomenal bucks but like Zia said heavily managed to achieve that.
Posted By: DonH

Re: Dewormer - 03/09/23 10:06 PM

I put the bags in my feeders and I feed a corn peanut mix in winter and a corn with roasted soybean in summer also add in some protein pellets when I find them on sale. and I can attest to the increase in weight in our bucks and does over the last few years.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM