Aldeer.com

where to purchase fruit trees?

Posted By: !shiloh!

where to purchase fruit trees? - 01/09/19 01:52 AM

I'm trying to figure out where I could get the most bang for my buck purchasing fruit trees . I'm looking to purchase 60-70 trees.
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: where to purchase fruit trees? - 01/09/19 02:13 AM

I planted 37 a few weeks ago and am going to try and put 30 more in by February.

https://www.wildlifegroup.com/wg_uploads/2018/09/63948web.pdf
Posted By: Rmart30

Re: where to purchase fruit trees? - 01/09/19 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by !shiloh!
I'm trying to figure out where I could get the most bang for my buck purchasing fruit trees . I'm looking to purchase 60-70 trees.

Where ya located?

Re: where to purchase fruit trees? - 01/09/19 03:10 AM

shelby co

Re: where to purchase fruit trees? - 01/09/19 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by Squadron77
I planted 37 a few weeks ago and am going to try and put 30 more in by February.

https://www.wildlifegroup.com/wg_uploads/2018/09/63948web.pdf

some good info . Thanks
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: where to purchase fruit trees? - 01/09/19 03:51 AM

look on facebook marketplace, a guy near Clanton has all kinds of trees 3 gallon for like $15, 2 for $25, 40 varieties.

Re: where to purchase fruit trees? - 01/09/19 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by BhamFred
look on facebook marketplace, a guy near Clanton has all kinds of trees 3 gallon for like $15, 2 for $25, 40 varieties.

Thankye that's the kind of deal I'm looking for.
Posted By: HHSyelper

Re: where to purchase fruit trees? - 01/09/19 08:11 PM

North alabama nursery in joppa. They will sell them in bundles of 10 for wholesale prices. The last I bought were 5-6 feet and were $4 each.

Re: where to purchase fruit trees? - 01/09/19 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by HHSyelper
North alabama nursery in joppa. They will sell them in bundles of 10 for wholesale prices. The last I bought were 5-6 feet and were $4 each.

super nice guy to deal with and good prices. 5-6 ft trees are $7.50 each Pear, plum, chestnut,persimmon, apple, nectarine, peach.
Posted By: blumsden

Re: where to purchase fruit trees? - 01/10/19 12:18 PM

The tree's from The Wildlife Group are grafted tree's meaning they will produce a lot sooner than normal fruit tree's.
Posted By: HHSyelper

Re: where to purchase fruit trees? - 01/10/19 02:06 PM

North Alabama Nursery were grafted also. I would love to have a few from the Wildlife Group, but when I could buy a bundle of 10 for $40, I had to go that route.
Posted By: auburnlocal

Re: where to purchase fruit trees? - 01/16/19 01:48 PM

North Alabama Nursery were grafted also. I would love to have a few from the Wildlife Group, but when I could buy a bundle of 10 for $40, I had to go that route.

Do they deliver or is it pickup only?

Re: where to purchase fruit trees? - 01/17/19 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by auburnlocal

Do they deliver or is it pickup only?

if im not mistaken the brochure showed that they shipped. Call em to verify.
Posted By: Mully

Re: where to purchase fruit trees? - 01/17/19 03:06 PM

The Wildlife Group has 50 oaks 12-24" seedlings of choice in multiples 10 or 50 fifty of one species for $90.00 with shipping included right now. If you want to add Plantra tubes and stakes they will do it all for $400 with shipping. Email Allen@wildlifegroup.com

Varieties: White Oak, Swamp White Oak, Swamp Chestnut Oak, Overcup Oak, Chinkapin Oak, Nuttall Oak, Shumard Oak, Scarlet oak, Laurel Oak, Pin Oak, Northern Red Oak, Live Oak, Water Oak, Willow Oak, Sawtooth oak, Gobbler Sawtooth, Cherrybary oak, or Burr Oak
Posted By: tsmith

Re: where to purchase fruit trees? - 01/18/19 04:37 PM

Just received 50 Nuttall Oaks from Wildlife Heritage. 20" 1 year old bare root with tree protectors came out to $309 delivered to my door. Planting this weekend in the rain. I have tried persimmons but our guys keep bushhogging them (Tree protectors, stakes, and guy ropes did not give them any hint that the trees were special).

Re: where to purchase fruit trees? - 01/19/19 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by tsmith
Just received 50 Nuttall Oaks from Wildlife Heritage. 20" 1 year old bare root with tree protectors came out to $309 delivered to my door. Planting this weekend in the rain. I have tried persimmons but our guys keep bushhogging them (Tree protectors, stakes, and guy ropes did not give them any hint that the trees were special).

I believe id be having a talk with "the guys" Lotta work and cost to replant
Posted By: k bush

Re: where to purchase fruit trees? - 01/19/19 01:04 AM

Use rebar stakes and it will remind them not to mow them down
Posted By: trailertrash

Re: where to purchase fruit trees? - 01/19/19 11:47 AM

I have the answer....get new guys.
Posted By: ParrotHead89

Re: where to purchase fruit trees? - 01/22/19 02:44 PM

Dont know it it is to late but here is a good one.

https://www.tn.gov/agriculture/forests/seedlings.html
Posted By: tsmith

Re: where to purchase fruit trees? - 01/22/19 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by k bush

Use rebar stakes and it will remind them not to mow them down

I put 5' of 3/4" EMT painted light blue at each tree. If they hit them this time I will have to beat them with the bent EMT.
Posted By: ALFisher

Re: where to purchase fruit trees? - 02/07/19 03:07 PM

If you plant 60-70 fruit trees this time of year, I hope you (1) have a lot of time on your hands to make sure they are properly watered, or (2) don't care if you get a good bit of die off on your trees. If you want more detail, I'd be glad to explain.

Having planted fruit/nut trees, my advice would be that I would do this only as a last thing I do to improve my property after I have limed it, supplemental feed on it, fertilized native browse,built jam up food plots and mineral sites, and burned it. Then and only when would I worry about what kind of trees I have around.

Of course, my opinion isn't worth squat, so do what you like.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: where to purchase fruit trees? - 02/07/19 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by ALFisher
If you plant 60-70 fruit trees this time of year, I hope you (1) have a lot of time on your hands to make sure they are properly watered, or (2) don't care if you get a good bit of die off on your trees. If you want more detail, I'd be glad to explain.

Having planted fruit/nut trees, my advice would be that I would do this only as a last thing I do to improve my property after I have limed it, supplemental feed on it, fertilized native browse,built jam up food plots and mineral sites, and burned it. Then and only when would I worry about what kind of trees I have around.

Of course, my opinion isn't worth squat, so do what you like.

I agree with this. Fruit trees, if you have a lot of them, are a ton of work. They're hard to cut around and maintain, easy to kill em, and only drop once a year. It's easier to manage wild persimmon trees that are already mature and producing.
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: where to purchase fruit trees? - 02/07/19 09:50 PM

I had rather have an acre of honeysuckle or briars than a bunch of fruit trees that are going to probably die.

Re: where to purchase fruit trees? - 02/08/19 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by ALFisher

Lets hear it.

Re: where to purchase fruit trees? - 02/08/19 01:53 AM

The opening I plan to plant is bordered by a creek that has water year round and I have a water pump so I'm not to worried about them dying. as far as maintenance , I'm not worried about it .I'm not lazy.

Re: where to purchase fruit trees? - 02/08/19 01:36 PM

I haven't ever had an issue keeping fruit trees alive. I water them as needed for the first year or two(last couple of years God had provided ample water so I haven't had to water), spray about a 5' circle around them a couple times year with round up which makes it very easy to bushhog around them.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: where to purchase fruit trees? - 02/08/19 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mully
spray about a 5' circle around them a couple times year with round up which makes it very easy to bushhog around them.

If you do that to apple trees you'll kill every one of them. Mine die if you even whisper the word "glyphosate" near them.

Re: where to purchase fruit trees? - 02/08/19 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Remington270
Originally Posted by Mully
spray about a 5' circle around them a couple times year with round up which makes it very easy to bushhog around them.

If you do that to apple trees you'll kill every one of them. Mine die if you even whisper the word "glyphosate" near them.

I mix 2.5-3oz per gallon of 41% glyphposate in my 25 gallon sprayer and spray around all my Yates apples, persimmons, Japanese persimmons, crab apples, pears and sawtooths. Never had any issues with trees dying. Been doing it around some for 12-15yrs and others planted as recently as last year. I am just careful as to not spray the trees themselves. I have noticed glyphosate mixed at these levels will stunt my knockout roses in my flower beds at home but hasn't not killed them.
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: where to purchase fruit trees? - 02/18/19 02:54 AM

Cumberland valley nursery is who we have always used. Great people to deal with.

Re: where to purchase fruit trees? - 02/18/19 03:37 AM

Im going to throw another one out there and its sunbrightfarms.com 1-2ft plums, persimmon, chestnut. crabapple, oak,pecan, pear.

orders of 50 or more and trees are $2 each. and fixed shipping of $12 per order. They do sell out early. Usually by now they are about sold out. Its best to order in Dec and you can pick your shipping date.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM