Aldeer.com

Jackson/Madison/Marshall Co Hunting Clubs?

Posted By: Rocket62

Jackson/Madison/Marshall Co Hunting Clubs? - 12/26/13 11:06 AM

I'm looking for a hunting club for next year.

Requirements:

* Jackson, Madison, or Marshall counties (prefer Jackson)
* Need at least 1, possibly 2 memberships
* Want to hunt whitetail deer and turkey, possibly squirrel
* Budget $500 to $1500 max
* Must be able to bring a guest
* Open for bow and rifle seasons

Questions:
* Anybody have suggestions?
* When do clubs normally accept new members?
* Is my $ range reasonable?
Posted By: Clayton

Re: Jackson/Madison/Marshall Co Hunting Clubs? - 12/26/13 11:50 AM

Usually clubs start looking for members after turkey season ends. Also, most leases are paid in June and July. This is when most memberships come available.
Posted By: NightHunter

Re: Jackson/Madison/Marshall Co Hunting Clubs? - 12/26/13 12:51 PM

The guest thing might get you if it is not immediate family.
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Jackson/Madison/Marshall Co Hunting Clubs? - 12/26/13 01:21 PM

Originally Posted By: NightHunter
The guest thing might get you if it is not immediate family.

I've heard of several clubs doing away with guests because of people abusing it or members get pissed when guest kills "their" deer...I have mixed feelings about it myself. ...I prefer to allow guest if they sit with the member and if they shoot a buck it counts as one of the member's bucks. I don't see the difference in me or my friend pulling the trigger if we are hunting together. I know of several guys that would like to kill a deer, but don't have the time or money or understanding wife to join a club.

Re: Jackson/Madison/Marshall Co Hunting Clubs? - 12/26/13 01:33 PM

I want the guest option for family members, specifically my cousin and my brother in law. I can be flexible on that and I wouldn't mind their kills counting against my own limits
Posted By: Clem

Re: Jackson/Madison/Marshall Co Hunting Clubs? - 12/26/13 02:09 PM

Quote:
but don't have the time or money or understanding wife to join a club.

Yep. Mostly the last two.
Posted By: Brent

Re: Jackson/Madison/Marshall Co Hunting Clubs? - 12/26/13 03:07 PM

My suggestion is find someone in a club with rules that you agree with. Have them put you on a list to join the club. Most clubs in those counties fill up quickly and if it's in the price range you are looking for there will probably be a waiting list or small turnover. Your requirements aren't unreasonable and you should be able to find something in the $1000-1500 range. Usually by April or May clubs will know if they will have openings or not.
Posted By: bowtarist

Re: Jackson/Madison/Marshall Co Hunting Clubs? - 12/26/13 11:00 PM

I know of one that will suit your needs rocket. Last time I talked to the fella dues were 500. You can bring a guests on certain days to. I'll see what I can find out for you.

Re: Jackson/Madison/Marshall Co Hunting Clubs? - 12/27/13 10:07 AM

That would be awesome bud, thanks!
Posted By: Hoss606

Re: Jackson/Madison/Marshall Co Hunting Clubs? - 12/28/13 03:25 PM

I know of 2 that may fit that. The one I am in and another farther north than my club. Both you would need ATV for. I am not sure what the other clubs guest policy is. Our guest policy is bring em except first and last week of season.
Posted By: Driver

Re: Jackson/Madison/Marshall Co Hunting Clubs? - 12/28/13 06:56 PM

I would love that info also
Posted By: rifle/bow hunter

Re: Jackson/Madison/Marshall Co Hunting Clubs? - 12/29/13 07:42 AM

Im interested in the clubs too inbox me info please

Re: Jackson/Madison/Marshall Co Hunting Clubs? - 12/31/13 02:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Hoss606
I know of 2 that may fit that. The one I am in and another farther north than my club. Both you would need ATV for. I am not sure what the other clubs guest policy is. Our guest policy is bring em except first and last week of season.

Hoss yours ain't already full up?
Posted By: NickC

Re: Jackson/Madison/Marshall Co Hunting Clubs? - 12/31/13 09:46 PM

hey bill_collector, Id like some info on that club if Rocket doesnt want to fill the spot or if there are multiple spots open.
Posted By: El_Matador

Re: Jackson/Madison/Marshall Co Hunting Clubs? - 01/24/14 03:56 PM

I wouldn't mind the info on these clubs, especially the $500 dues. I'm considering joining a club with a friend.
Posted By: I_hate_poachers

Re: Jackson/Madison/Marshall Co Hunting Clubs? - 01/24/14 04:21 PM

Rocket there is 80 acres on the south side of splitrock for sale. Not the big part of the mountain were we hunt, but on a rocky ridge off to the side. Rite on the paint rock river pretty much.

I know joining a club and actually buying your own little piece of heaven is two different things, but figured id let you know. Price is probably outrageous

Good luck on your search, ill keep a lookout
Posted By: Standbanger

Re: Jackson/Madison/Marshall Co Hunting Clubs? - 01/25/14 11:12 AM

Rocket I am in a club in the valley gonna be several openings in March/April. Current membership disgusted with low deer numbers and rules. I hesitate to recommend this club because you probably can kill more deer on the mgmt areas than this club. I am in the club because its real close to my house. I can hunt a lot. Dues less than a grand guest pays 30 bucks a day. I will stay in the club but am looking to join an additional club. Might say the heck with it and just go back to south alabama drive 3.5 hours.

All of us N. Alabama/AL Deer boys could pool our money and lease the dog mess out of some land
Posted By: TDunson

Re: Jackson/Madison/Marshall Co Hunting Clubs? - 01/26/14 12:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Standbanger
Rocket I am in a club in the valley gonna be several openings in March/April. Current membership disgusted with low deer numbers and rules. I hesitate to recommend this club because you probably can kill more deer on the mgmt areas than this club. I am in the club because its real close to my house. I can hunt a lot. Dues less than a grand guest pays 30 bucks a day. I will stay in the club but am looking to join an additional club. Might say the heck with it and just go back to south alabama drive 3.5 hours.

All of us N. Alabama/AL Deer boys could pool our money and lease the dog mess out of some land

I'm in.

Re: Jackson/Madison/Marshall Co Hunting Clubs? - 01/26/14 05:04 AM

Definitely interested. Maybe after the season is over we can meet and talk about it
Posted By: Standbanger

Re: Jackson/Madison/Marshall Co Hunting Clubs? - 01/27/14 06:58 AM

I will be available after the season for sure.

Re: Jackson/Madison/Marshall Co Hunting Clubs? - 01/27/14 05:46 PM

I've been doing some Googling for Jackson Co land for lease and have come up dry. Maybe some of you guys that live there can come up with some opportunities ...
© 2024 ALDEER.COM