Aldeer.com

13 farms my family owns for deer lease in West central, IL. for 2013

Posted By: wbyman1

13 farms my family owns for deer lease in West central, IL. for 2013 - 12/01/12 10:24 PM

My family has 13 farms we own near Pike Co., IL. [Schuyler] for lease for 2013. Farms are 20-650 acres and average under $25.00 per acre. Email me for more info. and aerials. No PM's please.
wbyman@frontiernet.net
Joe Esther
217-322-6618
Posted By: Farmer Brown

Re: 13 farms my family owns for deer lease in West central, IL. for 2013 - 12/01/12 11:38 PM

Why not charge $100 er acre. No thanks.
Posted By: bill

Re: 13 farms my family owns for deer lease in West central, IL. for 2013 - 12/02/12 02:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Farmer Brown

Why not keep your mouth shut if your not interested?
Posted By: timsmith

Re: 13 farms my family owns for deer lease in West central, IL. for 2013 - 12/02/12 02:50 AM

BAM!!!!!
Originally Posted By: bill
Originally Posted By: Farmer Brown

Why not keep your mouth shut if your not interested?

Re: 13 farms my family owns for deer lease in West central, IL. for 2013 - 12/02/12 03:14 AM

Thanks Bill, Looks like I owe you a free lease !

Re: 13 farms my family owns for deer lease in West central, IL. for 2013 - 12/02/12 03:17 AM

Farmer Brown, I know my leases are not cheap, but there was a lease in Pike Co., IL that went to an outfitter a couple of years ago for $100.00 per acre on 1000 acres, a bidding war.

Re: 13 farms my family owns for deer lease in West central, IL. for 2013 - 12/02/12 03:26 AM

Originally Posted By: wbyman1
Farmer Brown, I know my leases are not cheap, but there was a lease in Pike Co., IL that went to an outfitter a couple of years ago for $100.00 per acre on 1000 acres, a bidding war.

No need to explain yourself. It's you're property, price it however you like. If your asking too much then you won't get any response and you can lower the price.

Seems like there is always someone who thinks they are an expert on what someone elses stuff ought to cost.

Re: 13 farms my family owns for deer lease in West central, IL. for 2013 - 12/02/12 04:50 AM

Yep, my leases are middle of the road for this area and the groups don't have to go through a middle man.
Posted By: todd w

Re: 13 farms my family owns for deer lease in West central, IL. for 2013 - 12/02/12 04:55 AM

Every year you get on here and do this. Why do you change your profile?

Re: 13 farms my family owns for deer lease in West central, IL. for 2013 - 12/02/12 03:13 PM

One time I put my lease information in the wrong the forum and an administrator blocked me from using the all forums before he even contacted me about the problem. I thought I would at least be contacted about the problem so it could be corrected.I know to keep lease information in this forum now.
Posted By: YEKRUT

Re: 13 farms my family owns for deer lease in West central, IL. for 2013 - 12/02/12 04:03 PM

Originally Posted By: wbyman1
One time I put my lease information in the wrong the forum and an administrator blocked me from using the all forums before he even contacted me about the problem. I thought I would at least be contacted about the problem so it could be corrected.I know to keep lease information in this forum now.

You didn't get banned for posted something in the wrong forum, if so we would all be banned. wink If I had to guess posting this type add in every forum you could like most spammers do trying to make a quick dollar is what got you banned last time. Good luck!

Re: 13 farms my family owns for deer lease in West central, IL. for 2013 - 12/02/12 04:09 PM

Not correct, I put my lease info. in the "websites with land for lease" section and was banned within 24 hours. These are farms my family owns that I lease, I DO NOT lease out other properties.

Re: 13 farms my family owns for deer lease in West central, IL. for 2013 - 12/02/12 04:13 PM

I do have my leases on other forums also. I have been leasing my familys properties for several years. I have been doing this for so long I am trying to make the slow dollar not the quick dollar.

Re: 13 farms my family owns for deer lease in West central, IL. for 2013 - 12/02/12 04:31 PM

We like to talk about football, religion, politics and food. This is a hunting website so please don't come on here posting any hunting land because, really, we aren't all that interested in anything actually hunting related.
Posted By: Bucktrot

Re: 13 farms my family owns for deer lease in West central, IL. for 2013 - 12/03/12 01:24 PM

The Market sets the price on everything. But getting top dollar doesn't mean things will run smoothly for the landowner.

If I were a big landowner, I would rather lease my property to "quality" guys for a fair price for a long period of time rather than trying to get top-dollar every year and have hunters that cause problems and don't do the right thing.

Not saying that you're trying to get "top dollar" wbyman1 as I know quality property in IL brings a high $ per acre.

Hunters to need to be leery of landowners whose #1 goal is the MAXIMIZE price per acre regardless of hunter character, hunting ethics or game mgmt style. You're always subject to having your lease pulled out from under you and given to another group with "deeper pockets" and possibly, shallower ethics.

Again, wbyman1, not saying you're doing this.

Re: 13 farms my family owns for deer lease in West central, IL. for 2013 - 12/03/12 03:06 PM

Bucktrot you are correct. Several years ago I had a good group out guys of Mississippi. They brought in an extra guy with a huge motorhome and lots of money,he shot a buck than was way under the groups and my minimum. The rest of the group was pissed and I was not thrilled either, he was not invited back the following year. Nearly all of the groups I get are great guys with regular jobs that want to see some quality deer in the midwest. That is the kind I cater to. Again, my average prices are middle of the road for this area.
Posted By: Big Game Hunter

Re: 13 farms my family owns for deer lease in West central, IL. for 2013 - 12/04/12 05:05 AM

WBYman,

Please send me a contact number where I can reach you.

Just for everyones inforamtion, I am involved in leasing 4000+ acres in Brown and Schuyler Counties and I pay anywhere from $15-70 per acre.

I might be interested in all of them for a long term deal.

Contact me @ Keith@tcchunts.com

Re: 13 farms my family owns for deer lease in West central, IL. for 2013 - 12/04/12 02:34 PM

Hi Keith,
My contact info:
wbyman@frontiernet.net
Joe Esther
Rushville, IL
217-322-6618
Posted By: hilltop

Re: 13 farms my family owns for deer lease in West central, IL. for 2013 - 12/04/12 06:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Big Game Hunter
WBYman,

Just for everyones inforamtion, I am involved in leasing 4000+ acres in Brown and Schuyler Counties and I pay anywhere from $15-70 per acre.

This is why it is hard for the average guy to lease a small piece of land. You have people with alot of money hoarding it all up therefore driving up the prices on every other available piece of land around.
Posted By: Bulls eye

Re: 13 farms my family owns for deer lease in West central, IL. for 2013 - 12/04/12 08:53 PM

Originally Posted By: hilltop
WBYman,

This is why it is hard for the average guy to lease a small piece of land. You have people with alot of money hoarding it all up therefore driving up the prices on every other available piece of land around.

Its called capitalism...

Re: 13 farms my family owns for deer lease in West central, IL. for 2013 - 12/04/12 09:00 PM

FYI,

It's the land owners that set the price, not the hunters.

I would love to be able to lease ground up there for less than $10 per acre. It would make my life MUCH easier.

Small parcel (20 acres for $25 per acre = $500)
Is that too much money to hunt some of the best whitetail area in the country?
Posted By: gobblebox

Re: 13 farms my family owns for deer lease in West central, IL. for 2013 - 12/04/12 09:40 PM

Why are you guys bitching about what he wants to lease HIS land for?if he wants $500 an acre then oh well,it's HIS,if you can't afford it look for something else within your price range, why bitch about something you probably wouldn't lease anyway
Posted By: Squeaky

Re: 13 farms my family owns for deer lease in West central, IL. for 2013 - 12/06/12 02:29 PM

Originally Posted By: hilltop
WBYman,

This average guy finds plenty of land to lease in very good counties through out the midwest for lease much cheaper than what this guy is asking for his family farms. It's all about how hard you are willing to look. If you are going to lease through a middle man then you are most likely going to pay a much higher price. I have learned over the years it's best to lease straight from the land owner. You get a better price and a long term deal by doing this. To meet land owners you must make a road trip because 9 times out of 10 you aren't going to meet them on the internet.

On a side note be very cautious of leasing in Schyuler Co or central west IL for that matter. I have heard from several of my contacts in the area that reported a large deer kill from EHD.
Posted By: hydraporter

Re: 13 farms my family owns for deer lease in West central, IL. for 2013 - 12/06/12 07:35 PM

I hadn't heard yet that EHD was in IL. My wife's family owns land in Southern MI. We hunted there this Thanksgiving and I saw one deer in three hunts. They have normally seen 10-20 deer every hunt in years past. They have been hit hard by EHD. Hope it doesn't make its way too far south.

...and quit crying about the price of land leases. If it's too high don't pay it. If the market agrees it's too high it will come down. Forget the common man, let the free market take it's course. Nobody is owed anything in this country.
Posted By: lefthorn

Re: 13 farms my family owns for deer lease in West central, IL. for 2013 - 12/06/12 09:48 PM

Originally Posted By: hydraporter
Nobody is owed anything in this country.

Obama would disagree with you on that statement

Re: 13 farms my family owns for deer lease in West central, IL. for 2013 - 12/06/12 09:49 PM

There was some reports of a die off but when I was there the end of October, Schuyler and Brown Counties, I saw no evidence of a die off.

Re: 13 farms my family owns for deer lease in West central, IL. for 2013 - 12/07/12 12:11 AM

The Camden, Brooklyn, Littleton area has some farms that were hit hard, about 10 to 30 miles from my family farms. We had 1 farm with 4 dead deer and 1 with 2. No dead deer were found on any other of our farms. It was odd it may hit one area and then not hit 2 miles away. It takes all age classes of deer, it does not discriminate. We were hit about the same 6 to 7 years ago.
Posted By: Chas

Re: 13 farms my family owns for deer lease in West central, IL. for 2013 - 12/07/12 01:34 AM

email sent Joe please email info on available tracts along with any other pertinent info one may want to know to chashawthorne@gmail.com
Posted By: Ant67

Re: 13 farms my family owns for deer lease in West central, IL. for 2013 - 12/08/12 07:53 PM

If the farm is 600 acres and 75 wooded do you lease all 600 for 25??
Posted By: globe

Re: 13 farms my family owns for deer lease in West central, IL. for 2013 - 12/08/12 10:15 PM

Free bump
Don't hate the player, hate the game smile

Re: 13 farms my family owns for deer lease in West central, IL. for 2013 - 12/10/12 12:36 AM

Acreage is leased per acre of the farm. Unfortunately not per hunt-able acre.

Same as it is here or any other state around the country.
Posted By: t123winters

Re: 13 farms my family owns for deer lease in West central, IL. for 2013 - 12/10/12 01:41 AM

Acreage is leased per acre of the farm. Unfortunately not per hunt-able acre.

Same as it is here or any other state around the country.

yes it is,and it can all be useable acreage even if not hunt-able that is why you pay for all of it.
Posted By: cha

Re: 13 farms my family owns for deer lease in West central, IL. for 2013 - 12/26/12 06:42 PM

hope you lease all your farms! but good luck!personally i would not give $25.00 a acre. i saw one of your farms is 650 ac that over $16 grand!! that's why most people find a outfitter and pay $4500.00. and hunt a week and let them do all the work. most of us cant go to ILL. 3 or 4 times to hang stands, put cameras out , and scout.then go back during hunting seasons and hope we see a giant.but it happens very year . i got friends that lease land in pike county that spend about 20 grand a year and don't kill nothing bigger than i kill in Alabama. and they bitch and complain about it!makes me smile!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM