Aldeer.com

TURKEY MEMBERSHIP OR LEASE

Posted By: AL_Outdoorsman

TURKEY MEMBERSHIP OR LEASE - 11/25/19 12:56 PM

Are there any clubs willing to accept turkey memberships or private owners willing to lease turkey rights out? Looking for the following counties: Sumter, Greene, Pickens, Hale, Tuscaloosa, Perry, Fayette, Lamar, Jefferson. I understand this so hard to come by these days but it’s only 40 days of season. Why not accept the extra money if you do turkey hunt your property. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: TURKEY MEMBERSHIP OR LEASE - 11/25/19 03:42 PM

You are about 8 months late. We all post these things during the previous turkey season to have things lined up for the next spring.
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: TURKEY MEMBERSHIP OR LEASE - 11/25/19 03:55 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: abolt300

Re: TURKEY MEMBERSHIP OR LEASE - 11/25/19 04:53 PM

rofl Buncha turkey whores on this site.
Posted By: TurkeyJoe

Re: TURKEY MEMBERSHIP OR LEASE - 11/25/19 06:46 PM

Welcome to Aldeer man. Hope you find something.
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: TURKEY MEMBERSHIP OR LEASE - 11/26/19 02:24 PM

ive talked to our president about this as well. We have maybe 4-5 guys who turkey hunt on 5300 acres. I would like the extra money for fields and shooting houses!
Posted By: BREEZE1

Re: TURKEY MEMBERSHIP OR LEASE - 11/26/19 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Shaneomac2
ive talked to our president about this as well. We have maybe 4-5 guys who turkey hunt on 5300 acres. I would like the extra money for fields and shooting houses!

Sounds like about the right # to me. I imagine out of 5300 acres you got maybe 2000 acres of turkey woods scattered through it tops.
Posted By: NSDQ160

Re: TURKEY MEMBERSHIP OR LEASE - 11/27/19 03:51 PM

just curious but how much would a man pay for turkey rights on 250 acres that's absolutely loaded up with Turkeys? I don't care nothing about turkey hunting and neither does my lease partner. Just wondering how much money we could recoup and if the juice is really worth the squeeze.
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: TURKEY MEMBERSHIP OR LEASE - 11/27/19 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by NSDQ160
just curious but how much would a man pay for turkey rights on 250 acres that's absolutely loaded up with Turkeys? I don't care nothing about turkey hunting and neither does my lease partner. Just wondering how much money we could recoup and if the juice is really worth the squeeze.

I'll give you $20, a Chili's gift card that still has $7.43 on it and I'll forward you those pictures that Perch won't stop PM'ing me................you won't get a better deal than that. Just delete this post and PM me the location.
Posted By: bigbonner

Re: TURKEY MEMBERSHIP OR LEASE - 11/27/19 04:59 PM

I will be leasing for turkey hunting 2020 spring if the money is worth it . 200 acres of prome turkey hunting.
How much would it be worth for four hunters ?

I will also be offering deer lease again this year . I did not get it leased for 2019 season.

Re: TURKEY MEMBERSHIP OR LEASE - 11/27/19 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by bigbonner
I will be leasing for turkey hunting 2020 spring if the money is worth it . 200 acres of prome turkey hunting.

I will also be offering deer lease again this year . I did not get it leased for 2019 season.

4 hunters is 3 too many for 200 acres. How much you want for exclusive turkey rights and where is the property located?
Posted By: Out back

Re: TURKEY MEMBERSHIP OR LEASE - 11/27/19 07:20 PM

I'm about to shut down this thread.
We don't allow auctions in the classifieds and we're not going to start auctioning hunting rights.
If you have a turkey lease, put a price on it.

Re: TURKEY MEMBERSHIP OR LEASE - 11/28/19 01:00 PM

Depends on where it is. PM me the info and I will let you know what I would pay based on location.
Thanks

Re: TURKEY MEMBERSHIP OR LEASE - 11/28/19 01:01 PM

Depends on where it is. PM me the info and I will let you know what I would pay based on location.
Thanks

1 hunter is all that's needed on 200 acres. Where is the property located. PM me please with details.

Re: TURKEY MEMBERSHIP OR LEASE - 11/28/19 01:54 PM

Bath County Kentucky

I was figuring two hunter together and two sets of hunters. My 200 acres has over 1000 acres of non farmed land that lays almost all the way around my farm.
The reason I am saying 4 hunters is because during winter I feed corn silage and turkeys are here all winter long eating from my silage bed and corn that falls off when I take it up to my feed troughs.
I am plagued with turkeys. Lately there has been 9 gobblers at my pile eating corn that I spilled while bedding it down , more will show up as winter comes on. They are also at my corn crib eating corn that falls out.
There will be turkeys everywhere , in my yard , barns , driveway and even out in the middle of the road . It is a wonder that they have not caused a wreck from people stopping on the road watching the turkeys and not watching where they are going.
In early spring , I can hear them gobble from my porch .Rooster crows, dog barks , car door slams and they gobble
Last year I stood at my front door and watched well over 100 hens and counted 6 hens that had beards.
I would not allow hunting at my crib or silage pile . I like to hunt fair and would put that area off limits for hunting.
I usually hunt deer and turkeys myself but some family health problems and farming has not be good the last few years and I was thinking that leasing may help a little.

Re: TURKEY MEMBERSHIP OR LEASE - 11/28/19 04:16 PM

PM to you big bonner
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: TURKEY MEMBERSHIP OR LEASE - 11/28/19 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by TurkeyJoe
PM to you big bonner

Pick me up on the way.

Re: TURKEY MEMBERSHIP OR LEASE - 11/28/19 08:23 PM

We can definitely discuss it.
Posted By: Semo

Re: TURKEY MEMBERSHIP OR LEASE - 12/19/19 09:32 PM

The way I'm reading this maybe we should start getting paid to eliminate these terrible creatures from the great state of Kentucky. I shall put forth my labor and acquired skills for no less than fuel costs and one steak dinner.
Posted By: Sandmtnslayer

Re: TURKEY MEMBERSHIP OR LEASE - 12/20/19 02:18 AM

Still no price

Re: TURKEY MEMBERSHIP OR LEASE - 12/20/19 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Semo
The way I'm reading this maybe we should start getting paid to eliminate these terrible creatures from the great state of Kentucky. I shall put forth my labor and acquired skills for no less than fuel costs and one steak dinner.

At times they are a nuisance and you should see holes they dig in my silage bed pile. Unless something has happened to my turkey population they will be here like they have the last ten years.
I just opened my silage pile for feeding my cows and when they find it opened up they will be here next to my house digging away.
Originally Posted by Sandmtnslayer
Still no price

I may be high on my price, or so some have said . I offered first seven days of the season for three hunters at $2600 No lodging, that is $124 a day per hunter . I am pricing my lease cheaper than what I have seen others that offer hunting.
I have seen anywhere from $250 per day or $1000 for three to five days of hunting from outfitters ( I am not a Outfitter). My farm is my private farm and I would only lease it one time per season to keep hunting pressure down and keep hunting good for years to come.
I need a new trail camera to take some pictures up close then you will see what I am talking about so many turkeys.

Sorry if I HI-Jacked this thread.
Posted By: BrentM

Re: TURKEY MEMBERSHIP OR LEASE - 12/20/19 03:31 PM

[quote=Semo]

I may be high on my price, or so some have said . I offered first seven days of the season for three hunters at $2600

No offense intended....... but since this isn’t the classifieds I’ll go ahead and say it. $13/acre for 7 days worth of turkey season ain’t just high. It’s pretty ridiculous. $13 an acre will get you some pretty nice year round deer and turkey leases in Alabama and from what I’ve been told by people that lease ground up that way that’s about what it costs in Kentucky too.

Re: TURKEY MEMBERSHIP OR LEASE - 12/20/19 03:51 PM

I agree it is high , I was pricing by what others charge and maybe someone wanted a good hunting spot that has plenty turkeys . Most others stay booked up.
If it isn't worth nothing , I will keep it and hunt myself as I do like to Turkey and deer hunt. Or find a deserving vet or maybe let handicapped kids hunt for free.
Posted By: duxlayer

Re: TURKEY MEMBERSHIP OR LEASE - 12/29/19 02:39 AM

3 .5 weeks of turkey season x$2600 a week = $9,100 a year 2 bird limit would put you at 4550 per bird . Heck of a scam your offering there
Posted By: MTeague

Re: TURKEY MEMBERSHIP OR LEASE - 12/29/19 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by duxlayer
3 .5 weeks of turkey season x$2600 a week = $9,100 a year 2 bird limit would put you at 4550 per bird . Heck of a scam your offering there

Scam? What part of someone listing the price that it would take for somone to come hunt their land is a scam? Do you even know what a scam is? Geez.....

Re: TURKEY MEMBERSHIP OR LEASE - 12/29/19 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by duxlayer

Your figures is off there.

Most turkey hunts that I have seen they price at $250 a day per hunter. Some charge a per day fee plus a $200 per bird fee.

$2600 divided by three hunters is $866 divided by 7 days , that is $124 a day per hunter. No harvest fees.
Only to be leased to one set of hunters for 7 days, and can be taken at any time during the spring turkey season . Can allow more days if they wanted more days at no charge.
I have this listed on Ebay , I have sold 511 items with 100% feed back. Search Ebay Kentucky Turkey Hunting and you will see just a few pictures
© 2024 ALDEER.COM