Aldeer.com

WTB heavy duty bushhog

Posted By: 300gr

WTB heavy duty bushhog - 07/26/14 12:53 PM

I'm looking for a heavy duty 6 or 7 foot bush hog. I've already got a good one for grass but need one for 2"-3" saplings.
Posted By: Teacher One

Re: WTB heavy duty bushhog - 07/26/14 08:34 PM

Good luck! This is going to COST! I can't believe how these things have gone out the roof in the last couple of years. I know you are a long way off, but google Daryl Harp in Red Bay for the best price around.
Posted By: Robert D.

Re: WTB heavy duty bushhog - 07/28/14 02:47 PM

IF you decide to buy new I would get a Brown Manufacturing 406 or 407. They also make one that is 3/4 of the old tree cutter model. Hard to beat

Failing that a heavy Rhino, Bush Hog or other brand
Posted By: Rmart30

Re: WTB heavy duty bushhog - 07/28/14 04:19 PM

Land pride makes em up to 4" cut rated ... Pricey new $2500 for a 5 footer, but its a 100hp gearbox and built tough. With some looking can find some deals used. I found mine for half that a couple years old.

Lowery Manufacturing also builds some HD cutters in Boaz.
http://www.lowerymanufacturing.com/Cutters.htm
Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

Re: WTB heavy duty bushhog - 07/28/14 06:16 PM

I want a Bush Hog 326, but its hard to drop $5k on one when my old 305 model still does the job. The 326 is just a 6' cutter, but weighs over 1400 lbs.

Somebody had a 297 listed here a few weeks ago; look back a few pages. Good luck!
Posted By: RareBreed

Re: WTB heavy duty bushhog - 07/28/14 06:36 PM

Contact your local bush Hog dealer and ask them if they have a blem cutter or can they call someone at bush hog and ask for a blem. Sometimes a welder will weld the strong backs 1/8th of an inch off or so and it doesn't pass inspection, this is just an example. We never could afford a new one but could afford the blems. Usually, a dealer will drive to Selma and pick up every blem model that didn't pass quality control. Of course it voids the warranty but 9.5 x's outta 10 warranty isn't an issue on a 6' cutter and sometimes the dealer will back it with their own warranty. Check with Powell tractor in Greenville or Blue Ox in Selma and see if they have any. If your buying new then good luck, it's gonna be high for a HD cutter.
Posted By: daniel white

Re: WTB heavy duty bushhog - 07/28/14 07:16 PM

Originally Posted By: RareBreed
Contact your local bush Hog dealer and ask them if they have a blem cutter or can they call someone at bush hog and ask for a blem. Sometimes a welder will weld the strong backs 1/8th of an inch off or so and it doesn't pass inspection, this is just an example. We never could afford a new one but could afford the blems. Usually, a dealer will drive to Selma and pick up every blem model that didn't pass quality control. Of course it voids the warranty but 9.5 x's outta 10 warranty isn't an issue on a 6' cutter and sometimes the dealer will back it with their own warranty. Check with Powell tractor in Greenville or Blue Ox in Selma and see if they have any. If your buying new then good luck, it's gonna be high for a HD cutter.

good advise. I think the warranty is just a five year on the gear box..
Posted By: deadeye

Re: WTB heavy duty bushhog - 07/28/14 08:21 PM

Originally Posted By: poorcountrypreacher
I want a Bush Hog 326, but its hard to drop $5k on one when my old 305 model still does the job. The 326 is just a 6' cutter, but weighs over 1400 lbs.

I have a very heavy duty Bush Hog 306 with heavy duty hitch A frame, 1/4" deck and HD tail wheel bought about 10 yrs ago. It was over 4K then. Its a monster. I think the 326 replaced it. If you can run over it you can cut it.

Re: WTB heavy duty bushhog - 07/28/14 09:19 PM

Originally Posted By: poorcountrypreacher
s.

Somebody had a 297 listed here a few weeks ago; look back a few pages. Good luck!

Probably the one I had listed for a friend.. it sold.

Re: WTB heavy duty bushhog - 07/29/14 08:20 AM

here is a Bushhog 286 on Bham CL .. http://bham.craigslist.org/grd/4591757888.html
Posted By: hosscat

Re: WTB heavy duty bushhog - 07/29/14 10:32 AM

I have a HD 8' Lowery cutter. The one I have is the square frame. I believe it has a 135hp gearbox. It takes a heavy tractor just to pick it up, but if you can push it over with a tractor that thing will cut it without even shaking.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM