Aldeer.com

WTB Gas Pole saw

Posted By: mauvilla

WTB Gas Pole saw - 05/26/20 03:06 AM

Looking for a gas powered pole saw , I’m over this manual one. If anyone has one let me know will travel the right one
Thanks
Posted By: odocoileus

Re: WTB Gas Pole saw - 05/26/20 03:25 PM

Don't have one for sale, but I have used the Stihl Professional series pole saw my uncle bought last fall (think its the HT103). It's expensive, but dang if it's not nice.
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: WTB Gas Pole saw - 05/26/20 04:53 PM

Hard to find a used one. If youre getting a telescoping polesaw, I would get a husqvarna. I had a stihl, it was awful to extend, good friend has one, its the same way. Had mine worked on, didnt last long then got worse. Especially when it was cold, it took two people playing tug of war to get it extended. It was a 2018 model, dont know if theyve changed the design, if not I would stay away from it. For just a stationary 8ft pole saw I would get an echo, you cant beat the warranty, they are fine little pole saws. Im a stihl man, almost everything I run is stihl and I do make a living with them. For a polesaw, you want an echo or a husqvarna
Posted By: nomercy

Re: WTB Gas Pole saw - 05/26/20 06:05 PM

I have an echo and it has been bulletproof

Re: WTB Gas Pole saw - 05/26/20 07:05 PM

I appreciate the responses , I have been a ECHO fan Realy like their products. If I was going to get a new one I would get. ECHO but trying g to not spend $400-500
Posted By: Khitzeman

Re: WTB Gas Pole saw - 05/26/20 08:26 PM

I MAY have one laying around, i am moving and wont know till next week.

Re: WTB Gas Pole saw - 05/27/20 12:16 AM

If so man let me know
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: WTB Gas Pole saw - 05/27/20 12:44 AM

I know you said gas powered but why not electric? I have a Cobalt 40V that I've never run the battery down. It runs my arms down before the battery dies. And I don't have to wear hearing protection to use it.
Posted By: Madmax0818

Re: WTB Gas Pole saw - 05/27/20 01:19 AM

I have the ryobi battery one and it works great
Posted By: Myerz

Re: WTB Gas Pole saw - 05/27/20 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Wiley Coyote
I know you said gas powered but why not electric? I have a Cobalt 40V that I've never run the battery down. It runs my arms down before the battery dies. And I don't have to wear hearing protection to use it.

I spoke with a small engine repair guy a couple of years ago, and asked him about a gas powered pole saw, and he said to buy electric. He told me that the electric one he bought from Harbor Freight would cut down more that what you wanted to pick up. He told me that no more than people use the gas pole saws, by the time they get them back out to use them the 2nd or 3rd time the carb is gummed or stopped up, and they have to bring them to him to repair.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: WTB Gas Pole saw - 05/27/20 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Myerz

I spoke with a small engine repair guy a couple of years ago, and asked him about a gas powered pole saw, and he said to buy electric. He told me that the electric one he bought from Harbor Freight would cut down more that what you wanted to pick up. He told me that no more than people use the gas pole saws, by the time they get them back out to use them the 2nd or 3rd time the carb is gummed or stopped up, and they have to bring them to him to repair.

I know what y'all are saying, and I agree. I've had the Cobalt 40V battery powered pole saw, and a $650 gas powered pole saw. Yes, if you're using it 3 times a year for 30 minutes, go electric.If you're using it twice a month, and for an hour at a time, gas all the way.
Posted By: Broadhead26

Re: WTB Gas Pole saw - 05/27/20 01:21 PM

Not exactly what you asked about but have you looked into just the attachment to fit into another weedwacker you may already have?
I’ve used this same one quite a few times and it’s actually pretty solid considering the price

https://www.lowes.com/pd/TrimmerPlu...3AOIEAQYAiABEgI_l_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
Posted By: James

Re: WTB Gas Pole saw - 05/27/20 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Remington270
Originally Posted by Myerz

I know what y'all are saying, and I agree. I've had the Cobalt 40V battery powered pole saw, and a $650 gas powered pole saw. Yes, if you're using it 3 times a year for 30 minutes, go electric.If you're using it twice a month, and for an hour at a time, gas all the way.

Yeah. My Cobalt 40v crapped out the other day. The housing cracked, and now it won't tighten the chain 😩

Re: WTB Gas Pole saw - 05/27/20 05:15 PM

I’m sure the battery ones work just fine , just not
what I’m wanting
© 2024 ALDEER.COM