Posted By: Colt1917

WTB Timney trigger for AR - 02/20/17 12:18 PM

Anybody got one lying around?
Would also consider Geiselle or ALG.
I'm in Bham.
Thanks.
Posted By: trox28

Re: WTB Timney trigger for AR - 02/20/17 12:42 PM

I put a Rise Armament trigger in one of mine.Think it was either a 3 or 3.5lb trigger.I really liked it.
Posted By: Hawk

Re: WTB Timney trigger for AR - 02/20/17 01:22 PM

Check out velocity triggers. I have one and like it.
velocitytriggers.com

Re: WTB Timney trigger for AR - 02/20/17 01:34 PM

Thanks Trox!

Re: WTB Timney trigger for AR - 02/20/17 01:34 PM

Thanks Hawk!
Posted By: Clark8907

Re: WTB Timney trigger for AR - 02/20/17 03:47 PM

Look at gieselle. That's what's in mine and I love it.
Posted By: Reloadingfool

Re: WTB Timney trigger for AR - 02/20/17 04:45 PM

I would shy away from the Geissele triggers. They are very mushy and don't have a defined break point. I would look at TriggerTech, AR Gold, Timney, Hiperfire, CMC and velocity. That's about the order I would look at them also. I've got one of each except the velocity and CMC in different guns. If you ever want to go try them let me know and we can run to Brocks Gap and you can play with each.
Posted By: bambam32

Re: WTB Timney trigger for AR - 02/20/17 05:09 PM

This worked for me.

AR trigger job
Posted By: Rockhound

Re: WTB Timney trigger for AR - 02/20/17 05:33 PM

Cmc 3.5 pound are great but the hiperfire edt2 4.5 pound that joebobs outfitters.com sale are unbeatable for the money
Posted By: Clark8907

Re: WTB Timney trigger for AR - 02/20/17 05:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Reloadingfool
I would shy away from the Geissele triggers. They are very mushy and don't have a defined break point. I would look at TriggerTech, AR Gold, Timney, Hiperfire, CMC and velocity. That's about the order I would look at them also. I've got one of each except the velocity and CMC in different guns. If you ever want to go try them let me know and we can run to Brocks Gap and you can play with each.

Your more than welcome to cone try mine. What you described is nothing like my trigger at all.
Posted By: Reloadingfool

Re: WTB Timney trigger for AR - 02/20/17 11:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Clark8907

Your more than welcome to cone try mine. What you described is nothing like my trigger at all.

If Colt1917 wants to shoot some we could all get together at the range and try different triggers. I've owned 3 or 4 different t geissele triggers and wasn't impressed with any of them but with that said I'm open minded to trying anything. They may have a model that I'm not familiar with.
Posted By: mikewhandley

Re: WTB Timney trigger for AR - 02/21/17 08:16 AM

Originally Posted By: trox28
I put a Rise Armament trigger in one of mine.Think it was either a 3 or 3.5lb trigger.I really liked it.

it is hard to beat the Rise Armament triggers for the price if you want a drop in solution. you can also buy some springs and polish the surfaces if you want a DIY option.

Re: WTB Timney trigger for AR - 02/21/17 10:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Clark8907

If Colt1917 wants to shoot some we could all get together at the range and try different triggers. I've owned 3 or 4 different t geissele triggers and wasn't impressed with any of them but with that said I'm open minded to trying anything. They may have a model that I'm not familiar with.

I really appreciate all the offers, and I may well take y'all up on meeting out at Brock's Gap sometime soon. First though, I think I'm gonna try the paracord and paper towel trick that BamBam32 suggested. My AR is a Windham Weaponry CDI with a basic mil-spec trigger. It's not terrible, but then again it's not like the trigger on my two Tikkas either!
Posted By: Moose24

Re: WTB Timney trigger for AR - 02/21/17 11:27 AM

Originally Posted By: Hawk
Check out velocity triggers. I have one and like it.
velocitytriggers.com

This^
Posted By: TCEncore308

Re: WTB Timney trigger for AR - 02/21/17 11:40 AM

POF makes a nice drop in trigger. There's includes KNS anti rotation pins and cost $140-$150 online.
Posted By: Avengedsevenfold

Re: WTB Timney trigger for AR - 02/22/17 07:22 PM

I second the POF trigger. They are nice

Maybe Carlos will chime in with what he put in his. It's a brand I'm not familiar with but its nice
© 2024 ALDEER.COM