Aldeer.com

Sheds

Posted By: MandoJoe

Sheds - 02/04/15 11:42 AM

When do deer lose their antlers? Wanna start shed hunting with my lil girl. Any tips on how and where to look for them?

Thanks
Posted By: outdoors1

Re: Sheds - 02/04/15 11:55 AM

Spring/early summer is when they drop in Alabama. If you have a good bunch of bucks you can probably find old one's now in area's they stay. When they drop not a good time for a kid to be out due to bugs and snakes. Would be more enjoyable now for a kid, but better chance when they drop for this years antlers. Have fun!
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Sheds - 02/04/15 11:56 AM

February through April
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Sheds - 02/04/15 11:56 AM

depends on where you are. I've seen em shed from late Jan all they way to April. Most I'd guess shed in March. I start looking mid March to May. Go on a day after a rain when the ground/leaves are still wet, the antlers show up better then.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Sheds - 02/04/15 01:17 PM

Depends when the rut is in your area. When they begin to loose testosterone it triggers antlers to shed. As mentioned usually between feb-may
Posted By: slippinlipjr

Re: Sheds - 02/04/15 01:26 PM

I saw an 11pt a few years back here in Baldwin county on April 26th.

Re: Sheds - 02/04/15 10:30 PM

saw a buck today with one side shed already..... shocked
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Sheds - 02/04/15 10:47 PM

We've already got some with both sides off in limestone county

Re: Sheds - 02/04/15 10:50 PM

Originally Posted By: 257wbymag
We've already got some with both sides off in limestone county

when do ya'lls fawns drop???
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Sheds - 02/04/15 11:18 PM

Pretty damn quick Troy. I had scrapes and I don't mean "testosterone" scrapes start Oct 18 this year. Best chasing I had was week of muzzleloader and first week of rifle. Killed a doe Dec 11th that our processor who does state fetal surveys too estimated her to be bred Nov 1. My little pocket up here has an extremely early rut. This year was pretty Chitty for the most part.

Re: Sheds - 02/04/15 11:54 PM

cool, didn't know ya'll had such an early rut there.
Posted By: MoonDog

Re: Sheds - 02/05/15 05:49 AM

I had a nice buck on cam that had already shed both sides three weeks ago. Also still have bucks making scrapes, rubs, fighting and chasing hard. I've seen fawns drop around here from July to Sept/Oct. Wide range of activity here.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM