Aldeer.com

HELP need tracking dog.

Posted By: Newsouth_Greg

HELP need tracking dog. - 01/30/15 11:01 AM

Anyone in the west Lowndes or east Dallas county got a tracking dog???
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: HELP need tracking dog. - 01/30/15 11:10 AM

What town you close too? Maybe IdahoMike is still lurking around.

Dr. B
Posted By: Big Rack

Re: HELP need tracking dog. - 01/30/15 11:10 AM

http://www.aldeer.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=452455#Post452455
Posted By: aldoghunter

Re: HELP need tracking dog. - 01/30/15 11:14 AM

Art Powers 334-431-0884

Alabama blood trailing network on facebook

Re: HELP need tracking dog. - 01/30/15 11:19 AM

Doc, I'm between Benton & Whitehall.
Posted By: Slingshot

Re: HELP need tracking dog. - 01/30/15 11:44 AM

Originally Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Dr. B

Probably not!!! Think his dog took some lead last week.

Re: HELP need tracking dog. - 01/30/15 12:42 PM

Thanks for the info guys. I have a phone call in to a gentlemen named Art Powers.

Re: HELP need tracking dog. - 01/30/15 12:42 PM

Thanks for the info guys. I have a phone call in to a gentlemen named Art Powers.
Posted By: Big Rack

Re: HELP need tracking dog. - 01/30/15 12:47 PM

Good Luck. Hope ya'll find it. Keep us updated.
Posted By: HippieKiller

Re: HELP need tracking dog. - 01/30/15 01:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Slingshot

Dr. B

PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS A JOKE.
Posted By: dirkdaddy

Re: HELP need tracking dog. - 01/30/15 01:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Slingshot

Dr. B

ummm...what?
Posted By: Dano

Re: HELP need tracking dog. - 01/30/15 03:46 PM

Lucy is fine, she is back home resting. She was accidentally shot by some shrapnel on a track Mike had. I talked to him the other day and it was scary but believes she will make a full recovery.
Posted By: Reaper

Re: HELP need tracking dog. - 01/30/15 03:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Dano
Lucy is fine, she is back home resting. She was accidentally shot by some shrapnel on a track Mike had. I talked to him the other day and it was scary but believes she will make a full recovery.

Good to hear she'll be ok thumbup
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: HELP need tracking dog. - 01/30/15 03:48 PM

Yep, supposed to make a full recovery, she's just gonna be bob-tailed now.

Re: HELP need tracking dog. - 01/30/15 04:43 PM

Wow! How'd it happen? Someone finishing off a wounded deer & bullet frag get her?

Re: HELP need tracking dog. - 01/30/15 04:58 PM

Thanks aldoghunter. Art came out quick, he and his dog gave it there best shot. But we did not find my deer. In my 27 years of deer hunting this is the first deer I've ever lost. Art was a super nice guy, I would highly recommend him for tracking services. I guess at some point in your hunting life the law of averages will catch up with you. I feel like I just grazed him low. I hope he lives for another day so maybe we can meet again. Just a lesson learned, should have taken the head on shot.😡😡😡
Posted By: hunterturf

Re: HELP need tracking dog. - 01/30/15 05:00 PM

How long is the recovery for the guy that shot lucy???
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: HELP need tracking dog. - 01/30/15 05:15 PM

Originally Posted By: hunterturf
How long is the recovery for the guy that shot lucy???

dang! was it Shooter who shot her??? I know he shoots every dog he sees
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: HELP need tracking dog. - 01/30/15 05:33 PM

Some people should not be allowed to tote a gun.

Re: HELP need tracking dog. - 01/30/15 05:42 PM

Ya'll jumpin' to "convulsions" about Lucy here, typical Aldeer though. Not what ya think.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: HELP need tracking dog. - 01/30/15 05:45 PM

Originally Posted By: 2Dogs
Ya'll jumpin' to "convulsions" about Lucy here, typical Aldeer though. Not what ya think.

Well tell us the facts then

Re: HELP need tracking dog. - 01/30/15 05:48 PM

Originally Posted By: jlbuc10

Originally Posted By: 2Dogs

Well tell us the facts then

Mike's story to tell if he wants to.

Re: HELP need tracking dog. - 01/30/15 07:25 PM

Easy killer... yall used the term "shrapnel"... shrapnel comes from bullets and bombs, not sticks and hooves. If you're gonna toss a "she took some lead" out there, you ought to at least be prepared to explain. Otherwise a "he went home" would suffice.
Posted By: foldemup

Re: HELP need tracking dog. - 01/30/15 09:56 PM

Originally Posted By: HippieKiller
Easy killer... yall used the term "shrapnel"... shrapnel comes from bullets and bombs, not sticks and hooves. If you're gonna toss a "she took some lead" out there, you ought to at least be prepared to explain. Otherwise a "he went home" would suffice.

He went home
Posted By: Yelp softly

Re: HELP need tracking dog. - 01/30/15 09:57 PM

Can't disagree with this logic.
Posted By: trackncur

Re: HELP need tracking dog. - 01/31/15 12:22 PM

Mike is a friend & fellow tracker. He goes by the same rules that most of us trackers do. No bullet in the barrel until time to shoot. If my dog is shot while baying a live wounded deer, it will be me that shoots her. I will not shoot at a bayed deer if my dog is beyond it or even remotely close to it. I can usually call my dog out of the bay & then let the hunter shoot.Of course if she is on a tracking lead as usual, then I don't have to worry as much about some frustrated hunter shooting her. I recently refered a tracking call to another tracker in north Fla.& was glad I did because the hunter let his slung rifle accidentally fire about 10" from his ear. In the same area of north Fla. a couple of years ago a 36 year old tracker was killed & now a north Ala. tracker friend of mine is using his dog.

Re: HELP need tracking dog. - 01/31/15 08:47 PM

I posted a "he went home" thread on Monday.

http://www.aldeer.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1240907#Post1240907
© 2024 ALDEER.COM