Aldeer.com

Deer Hunting in rain

Posted By: wde05

Deer Hunting in rain - 01/02/15 11:18 AM

Opinion question: do you think deer move more, less or about the same during a steady rain?
Posted By: Shaneomac1

Re: Deer Hunting in rain - 01/02/15 11:28 AM

i think they move less during the day..
Posted By: UARandy3

Re: Deer Hunting in rain - 01/02/15 12:08 PM

I haven't really hunted enough in the rain to have determined a pattern, but I've heard of lots of people killing big bucks in the crappy conditions. Usually bc in years past, I've hunted enough to skip the crappy weather days and not regret it. But this year, I haven't been able to hunt much, and the last 3 times I've gone, it was raining (once was raining hard, the other 2 were light rain/misting). From the friday evening before gun season started til last Saturday's raining evening, I hadn't seen a single deer. But I did that afternoon as soon as the rain let up some, then I saw 3 more the next evening in the light rain, and saw a nice young 6 point yesterday evening in the light rain. Needless to say, I'm headed out again in a few to sit in the light rain.
Posted By: BrentM

Re: Deer Hunting in rain - 01/02/15 12:11 PM

Going by what I've seen today I'd say less
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Deer Hunting in rain - 01/02/15 01:06 PM

been out in the rain all morning, seen mostly bucks(several) cruising or chasing.

Esp in the rut, bucks will move good in a light rain...all day.
Posted By: Coonass

Re: Deer Hunting in rain - 01/02/15 01:11 PM

Surprised me but I seen 4 this morning on my way to work in the fields feeding. Around 7:30 this morning.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Deer Hunting in rain - 01/02/15 01:17 PM

Love hunting in the rain in the rut. Great time to be in woods.
Posted By: shooters

Re: Deer Hunting in rain - 01/02/15 01:19 PM

Light rain yes! Heavy rain , my experience is not much!
Posted By: hopper35005

Re: Deer Hunting in rain - 01/02/15 01:24 PM

I love hunting when it is raining....just because the club has no other hunters

Re: Deer Hunting in rain - 01/02/15 01:27 PM

Cool I am getting dressed and heading to the club in 10 :-)
Posted By: Phil_Army

Re: Deer Hunting in rain - 01/02/15 01:37 PM

I've never seen much in the rain, but I won't see any sitting at the house. I'm gonna give it a shot this afternoon as well. I think sometimes I over think deer hunting
Posted By: mauvilla

Re: Deer Hunting in rain - 01/02/15 02:02 PM

Love hunting in the rain during the rut, had great luck . Not as dedicated to hunting in the rain when it's not the rut though

Re: Deer Hunting in rain - 01/02/15 02:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Phil_Army
I've never seen much in the rain, but I won't see any sitting at the house. I'm gonna give it a shot this afternoon as well. I think sometimes I over think deer hunting

That's my thought - I won't get meat in the freezer sitting at home. Good luck!
Posted By: Talltines

Re: Deer Hunting in rain - 01/02/15 02:36 PM

In the rut hunt. The bucks have to be up moving around. There scrapes won't do them any good so they have to be on the search for that doe that is coming in to heat.
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: Deer Hunting in rain - 01/02/15 03:02 PM

Just my experience, in a steady rain I don't think they move for no good reason. On just a messy, intermittent day, probably about the same as a non-rainy day. I'd suggest wind would have a factor along with the rain...if it's really windy, I don't see deer whether it's raining or not.
Posted By: jbsbama

Re: Deer Hunting in rain - 01/02/15 03:45 PM

From my experiences, they don't move much if at all in a heavy rain. They are moving somewhat during a light drizzle. However, they are moving very good right after a very heavy rain has cleared.
Posted By: Avengedsevenfold

Re: Deer Hunting in rain - 01/02/15 11:49 PM

If your ass has wanted to hunt at all this year where I am from then you have had to hunt in the rain. Period.

I'm SICK of it
Posted By: MattIce

Re: Deer Hunting in rain - 01/02/15 11:52 PM

I've seen a lot of movement in a slow steady rain, especially bucks. As long as it's not a hurricane I would be out there.
Posted By: Phil_Army

Re: Deer Hunting in rain - 01/03/15 09:04 AM

I saw some does yesterday afternoon. An 8 point and 2 small pigs were killed that afternoon as well
© 2024 ALDEER.COM