Aldeer.com

Sick

Posted By: desertdog

Sick - 01/01/15 11:55 AM

Shot a decent buck shortly after daylight this morning. First shot he was at 15 yards broadside missed I think( Buck Fever) He takes of running I fire a second shot think I missed again. 3rd shot he is running almost out of sight I shoot and when I do he hits the ground and slides down the side of the mountain I was hunting. I think he is dead so I walk to where he slid down the mountain and only found 1 small piece of hair. After 3 hours of looking I never find the deer or any blood. Any ideas where I may have hit the deer?
Posted By: Justin88

Re: Sick - 01/01/15 11:56 AM

Butt or guts?
Posted By: shooters

Re: Sick - 01/01/15 11:57 AM

Originally Posted By: desertdog
Shot a decent buck shortly after daylight this morning. First shot he was at 15 yards broadside missed I think( Buck Fever) He takes of running I fire a second shot think I missed again. 3rd shot he is running almost out of sight I shoot and when I do he hits the ground and slides down the side of the mountain I was hunting. I think he is dead so I walk to where he slid down the mountain and only found 1 small piece of hair. After 3 hours of looking I never find the deer or any blood. Any ideas where I may have hit the deer?
If its in Etowah county, Shootnmiss knows a fat guy that a bloodhound, give him a PM, he might can help you out! thumbup

Re: Sick - 01/01/15 11:59 AM

Yes it's in Etowah. I just don't know what to do I hate to call in a dog after not finding any blood
Posted By: bgarrett

Re: Sick - 01/01/15 12:28 PM

You may have never shot it. Deer can slip and fall. Hitting the ground will knock off hair.
Posted By: scrape

Re: Sick - 01/01/15 01:43 PM

theres no way you missed the first shot at 15 yards. its not uncommon to not find any blood for a hundred yards. I would start where he slid down the mountain.
Posted By: Fireman12

Re: Sick - 01/01/15 01:48 PM

What kind of gun? Buckshot sometimes doesn't leave a blood trail because of no exit. But deer you may very well have put a lethal shot on him. Good luck and keep looking

Re: Sick - 01/01/15 02:15 PM

270. 130 Grain Core Lokt. I'm going to look some more won't have service where I'm at. Will check in later.
Posted By: quickshot

Re: Sick - 01/01/15 02:20 PM

Thats a bad little round you shooting killed many deer with it. Hope you find the deer.
Posted By: OcToBeRDrEaMiN67

Re: Sick - 01/01/15 02:23 PM

I hit one in the leg one time and it did the same thing Front right leg whilest it was running and it went dont like I had took out the boiler room.Seconds later after quite abit of stumbling it got its bearings and was gone again.I could see the leg flayling around but could not get a second shot.
Posted By: eskimo270

Re: Sick - 01/01/15 03:35 PM

I've had that happen with 130 grain core lokts when I first got my 270. They were great out past 50 yards but less than that I guess the bullet is to fast and doesn't do what it should. Moved to 150 grain and took care of that problem. The last deer I killed with 130 grain I shot the deer 4 times at less than 20 yards and he never acted like I hit him until the last shot, when I got to him all 4 shots had hit him. You may not have missed the deer at 15 yards
Posted By: mirage243

Re: Sick - 01/01/15 07:20 PM

Originally Posted By: eskimo270
I've had that happen with 130 grain core lokts when I first got my 270. They were great out past 50 yards but less than that I guess the bullet is to fast and doesn't do what it should. Moved to 150 grain and took care of that problem. The last deer I killed with 130 grain I shot the deer 4 times at less than 20 yards and he never acted like I hit him until the last shot, when I got to him all 4 shots had hit him. You may not have missed the deer at 15 yards

Your not serious, are you?
Posted By: outdoors1

Re: Sick - 01/01/15 07:40 PM

Originally Posted By: mirage243

Your not serious, are you?

Really? Lol!
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Sick - 01/01/15 07:52 PM

The last deer I killed with 130 grain I shot the deer 4 times at less than 20 yards and he never acted like I hit him until the last shot, when I got to him all 4 shots had hit him. You may not have missed the deer at 15 yards

Post of the new year right here!

Re: Sick - 01/01/15 07:54 PM

Originally Posted By: foldemup
The last deer I killed with 130 grain I shot the deer 4 times at less than 20 yards and he never acted like I hit him until the last shot, when I got to him all 4 shots had hit him. You may not have missed the deer at 15 yards

Post of the new year right here!

Yea, talk about blowin' smoke up yo ass

Re: Sick - 01/02/15 11:54 PM

i believe you eskimo ive had the same type thing happen.
Posted By: Standbanger

Re: Sick - 01/03/15 12:30 PM

I shot a deer with a wrist rocket I got at the Wal-Marks didn't get him

Re: Sick - 01/03/15 12:34 PM

Originally Posted By: scrape
i believe you eskimo ive had the same type thing happen.

Runner up Post Of The Year
Posted By: semperfi10463

Re: Sick - 01/03/15 12:46 PM

it can happen and never be figured out however go to busting shoulders at 15 yds and no blood trail needed.
Posted By: buck_buster

Re: Sick - 01/03/15 12:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Standbanger

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT? confused
Posted By: turkey247

Re: Sick - 01/03/15 12:59 PM

You guys don't believe a deer can get shot 3 lethal hits with a high powered rifle and act like nothing happened? I mean c'mon
Posted By: bgarrett

Re: Sick - 01/03/15 02:48 PM

It could happen I guess. I hunt close quarters in thick stuff or small plots. Every thing I have hit inside 40 yds. folds up like toilet paper,(270, 140 grain) I guess I am just lucky and haven't had to go chase one on close shots. But I will not say I hit every one. Jerked trigger 2 weeks ago at 45 yds., freaked the deer out.
Posted By: huntbig

Re: Sick - 01/03/15 02:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Standbanger

Post of the year right here

Re: Sick - 01/03/15 03:03 PM

mirage, I can respect eskimos comment, because hes been there and he's seen it. iam sure there are other longtime hunters thats been there too.
Posted By: Avengedsevenfold

Re: Sick - 01/04/15 07:29 AM

I ain't ever seen one soak up 4 hits with a high power rifle and just stand there, but I have had most deer under 50 yards run off and not bleed for the first little bit

Projectile moving fast, no time to expand

If you don't break them down at that distance, they going for a little walk about before they go down
Posted By: daniel white

Re: Sick - 01/04/15 08:57 AM

This is what happens when you miss out on a Gay Dove shoot, you set up and organize... laugh laugh
Posted By: josht101

Re: Sick - 01/04/15 09:30 AM

Originally Posted By: daniel white
This is what happens when you miss out on a Gay Dove shoot, you set up and organize... laugh laugh

Now that right there is funny rofl

Re: Sick - 01/04/15 07:57 PM

Originally Posted By: daniel white

Maybe I can make the next one. At this point I would take shooting instructions from just about anyone.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM