Aldeer.com

Rut info for Hokes Bluff\ Ballplay area?

Posted By: Bigbamaboy

Rut info for Hokes Bluff\ Ballplay area? - 12/31/14 08:41 PM

A buddy of mine is needing to know when the rut kicks in around Hokes Bluff and Ball Play area.

Any info would be great.
Posted By: Austin_243

Re: Rut info for Hokes Bluff\ Ballplay area? - 12/31/14 08:59 PM

Rut is in NOW. Rut has been in for months. They just are active at night because it hasn't been cold.
Posted By: ACP

Re: Rut info for Hokes Bluff\ Ballplay area? - 12/31/14 11:21 PM

Dec. 16-20 was hardcore. Seems to have tapered off some now. Best tell your "buddy" to get mov'n.
Posted By: glencoeguy

Re: Rut info for Hokes Bluff\ Ballplay area? - 01/01/15 12:50 AM

I hunt this area and I honestly don't think they have gone in to full rut yet. I saw some light sign about two weeks ago but with the wet and warm weather neither me or area hunters have seen any real chasing. It has been odd, usually the week of Christmas is the time but not this year, at least where I am. Would like to hear of any other experiences in this area as well.
Posted By: ACP

Re: Rut info for Hokes Bluff\ Ballplay area? - 01/07/15 09:46 PM

Originally Posted By: glencoeguy
I hunt this area and I honestly don't think they have gone in to full rut yet. I saw some light sign about two weeks ago but with the wet and warm weather neither me or area hunters have seen any real chasing. It has been odd, usually the week of Christmas is the time but not this year, at least where I am. Would like to hear of any other experiences in this area as well.

I'm with you on this. It's ALWAYS been mid to late December and I really felt like I was seeing good rutting activity then and then it died down as I stated the other day. I need a "do over" please. It's on right now and has been for a week or so by what I'm seeing on cameras. My son missed a 12 Saturday afternoon. (Well I think he missed. He shot just as it was starting to pour down Sat afternoon and I couldn't find any blood). He was nose to the ground searching. I had the same buck on camera New Years Day bird dogging the hezz out of s doe.
Glencoeguy, are you seeing any better activity now?
Posted By: glencoeguy

Re: Rut info for Hokes Bluff\ Ballplay area? - 01/09/15 08:10 AM

ACP, they have me confused. Sunday afternoon my son and I see a mature 6 and spike feed through together. Check the camera walking out and have a nice 8 that was about two minutes behind a pic of a doe. His hocks were dark, but, none of the scrapes from mid December have been touched? Maybe I missed it, if so, I need a do over as well dangit!!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM