Aldeer.com

What's wrong with the deer this season!?

Posted By: Lionsden

What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/25/14 10:38 PM

We left at 12:30 pm today from north Alabama headed to Dothan, Al. We have taken I-59 south, I-85 north, and all the way to 431. We are now on our way back to north Alabama at 9:30 pm and we are currently in Pike County and through this whole trip we have only seen one dead deer in the median and NO live deer. I thought surely we would see more deer activity with the rut. In your opinion, what's going on??
Posted By: hawgwild

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/25/14 10:46 PM

Its not the rut. Try back in a month
Posted By: Fuzzy_Bunny

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/25/14 10:57 PM

Alabama removed all of the deer crossing signs from the highways, so the deer don't cross them and get hit anymore.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/25/14 10:59 PM

I drove a total of 58 miles one way and saw about 25 deer.
Posted By: Bamabucks14

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/25/14 11:01 PM

From my house to my fiancé's house is a total of about 25-30 mins, counted 11 dead deer, one had its head cut off. These are wooded back roads though, not highways.

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/25/14 11:01 PM

Georgia gathers info from car accidents caused by death figured someone with knowledgable info might chime in . Thanks hawgwild

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/25/14 11:46 PM

By Deer*
Posted By: SMB44

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/26/14 12:36 AM

I saw two good bucks off why 80 yesterday afternoon.

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/26/14 12:51 AM

We just saw a 15 pointer in Jemison, AL with a spike and sever does. My faith in deer has been restored.
Posted By: Hogwild

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/26/14 05:33 AM

I see more coyotes than deer on my early morning (well before daylight) trips.

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/26/14 09:27 AM

That deer in Jemison was a monster . The biggest deer I've Ever seen
Posted By: daniel white

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/26/14 09:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Fuzzy_Bunny
Alabama removed all of the deer crossing signs from the highways, so the deer don't cross them and get hit anymore.

laugh
Posted By: mirage243

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/27/14 01:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Lionsden
We just saw a 15 pointer in Jemison, AL with a spike and sever does. My faith in deer has been restored.

He must have been standing real still and you must have been close to count him up like that.

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/27/14 01:27 AM

Yea we stopped and shined him for about 5 mins with our headlights

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/27/14 01:33 AM

Should have just used the Q Beam too grin . . . . . .wonder what else I could get you to admit to on the interwebs? grin

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/27/14 01:48 AM

Nothing to hide here sister. I rather enjoyed my piss I took while he stood there blinded by the light. Sounds like you've road hunted before . He went on his Merry way we went on ours.
Posted By: bgarrett

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/27/14 07:52 AM

I wonder how many hunters don't know the laws given to us by our state. " Willfully throw or cast the rays of a spotlight, headlight or artificial light from any motor vehicle while the vehicle is on any highway or public road and casting said light on any real property, between the hours of sunset and sunrise."

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/27/14 08:15 AM

Most don't .....

It annoys the piss out of me to see people swing their vehicle around and shine a deer in the pasture in front of my house. Even if they don't shoot....it is still disrespectful.....and illegal!
Posted By: High_Gravity

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/27/14 08:21 AM

You forgot to spray your vehicle with scent cover
Posted By: BayedUp

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/27/14 09:58 AM

yeah its not real smart to incriminate your self on a public forum

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/27/14 10:09 AM

I can't even count the number of times that I've been driving around drinking beer and stopped to piss on the side of the road and a 15 point buck just jumped in front of my headlights and stood there and let me watch him. grin grin grin

Ok "sister", your turn.

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/27/14 01:19 PM

It's prolly hard to count antlers while you squat huh? Increminate myself lmao are you kidding or are you one of those paranoid meth heads? What they gonna charge me for the conspiracy to pull over on the side of the public roadway ? The mofo was on the right away . Did I join a deer site with tree huggers ? Gezz don't worry the animal wasn't harmed in any fashion.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/27/14 01:33 PM

WTF??? Here we go again
Posted By: YEKRUT

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/27/14 01:41 PM

Yall think it is meth or something else that is wrong with it?,

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/27/14 01:49 PM

Not here to argue , but no place for dickheads IMHO.

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/27/14 02:11 PM

Nothing to hide here sister. I rather enjoyed my piss I took while he stood there blinded by the light. Sounds like you've road hunted before . He went on his Merry way we went on ours.

You may not be here to argue....

But, you are a smart-ass.
And, THAT will get you a lot of attention, real quick.

Trust me, I know! smile

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/27/14 02:33 PM

Thanks Hogwild , I was just simply trying to update the status I created about NOT seeing any deer on such a long drive. Then out of nowhere standing with one leg in the road a monster. Hell I even said it's the biggest one I've seen that's not in a high fenced area. I actually thought people would enjoy the info, especially the ones from that area. I've seen way bigger bucks taken at stouts mountain ranch. Had I not stopped and pulled over he would 99% Likely been road meat a transfer almost got his ass. So yea my girlfriend and I stopped to mesmerize such a creature. Had a GW seen the whole thing from a hidden place and came up.I'm 100% he would have said nothing because it was nothing . People act like I shot a bald eagle for Christ sake. I hope someone from Jemison gets him before traffic does. Once again thanks hog wild

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/27/14 02:46 PM

Story keeps getting better and better, tell us more.

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/27/14 02:49 PM

Any pics of the girlfriend, bald eagle, or meat a transfer?

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/27/14 02:52 PM

Well he looked to have your MOM bowed over giving her the ole buck root !

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/27/14 02:53 PM

Or how did the meat transfer to the girlfriends bald eagle go?

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/27/14 02:55 PM

Originally Posted By: 257wbymag
Or how did the meat transfer to the girlfriends bald eagle go?

BOOM!

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/27/14 02:57 PM

Was he a main frame 12 with three drop tines, a main frame 14 with a kicker, or spike on one side and 14 on the other? Describe this monster a little better.

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/27/14 02:59 PM

I want to know more about the bald eagle.

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/27/14 03:02 PM

Originally Posted By: YEKRUT

I don't think there is a bald eagle, he was talking about a wee wee and a bush. grin

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/27/14 03:03 PM

Originally Posted By: mirage243
Originally Posted By: YEKRUT

I don't think there is a bald eagle, he was talking about a wee wee and a bush. grin

Yeah, he shot a bald eagle at Christs lake. smile
Posted By: hawgwild

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/27/14 04:28 PM

Bald eagle or fuzzy buzzard

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/27/14 05:02 PM

Did the fuzzy bald eagle have a tramp stamp?
Posted By: FH308

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/27/14 06:04 PM

Originally Posted By: bgarrett
I wonder how many hunters don't know the laws given to us by our state. " Willfully throw or cast the rays of a spotlight, headlight or artificial light from any motor vehicle while the vehicle is on any highway or public road and casting said light on any real property, between the hours of sunset and sunrise."

It's against the law for my headlights to EVER illuminate anything other than the actual road? Well you're right about one thing, I didn't know that...
Posted By: Droptyne

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/27/14 08:06 PM

Sure are a bunch of whiny people on this post.
Just mad because the didn't see it.
Let it rest for petes sakes!

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/27/14 08:26 PM

Who's whining?

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/27/14 08:34 PM

It just seems like when someone post something, you always have a group of people to look for fault in what's posted.
I enjoy this forum but hate the critics.
Posted By: Cletus

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/27/14 10:47 PM

It probably just you

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/27/14 10:56 PM

I agree Droptyne , I'd love to meet some of these guys on an ole back road sometime. I actually like the site prolly just lurke and take notes of things from useful info from posters that aren't internet bad asses.
Posted By: hopper35005

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/28/14 12:18 AM

Welcome to the forum ...gotta have thick skin to be in here at times. However some of these guys are bad asses and wouldn't think twice about meeting on a back road. Of course there are some the wouldn't. Like I said welcome to the forum...since you only have posted a handful of times.....it takes a while for the guys on here to test the thickness of your skin
Posted By: Jwattsmojo

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/28/14 06:46 AM

This sight is not near as bad as alducks lol
Posted By: Jwattsmojo

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/28/14 06:47 AM

And to many red oak acorns.. Acorns period

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/28/14 07:06 AM

I have been on this forum for sometime(2005).
I read a lot of post and have learned some things as well. I will post when I find it necessary, or wanting to share a hunting experience . Not just to be bumping my gums.(gaining status). Will take criticism when it's warrented .
Not sure about all the badasses on this forum but I am sure their are a lot of smart asses on this forum. We have all broke the law in some form or fashion guaranteed . I just think sometimes we need to think before we post.
Next time it could be "you"
Posted By: bgarrett

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/28/14 12:22 PM

I heard about the new radio controlled 15 point decoy they have down there. GW's been busting lots of guys lately.

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/28/14 05:30 PM

Yea and I heard some from cherokee county were full of shucks ! Sounds about right
Posted By: daniel white

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/28/14 08:48 PM

Well, well, well... Would mind of seeing that bald beaver.. Wait you said bald eagle..

10-4 over and out.. Thats Nutz.. crazy laugh laugh
Posted By: globe

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/30/14 11:21 AM

The three buck limit has been in place long enough that everybody should be killing mature bucks and seeing lots of little bucks right? What's the excuse gonna be now? I know, I know, if we go to a ONE buck limit then everybody surely will be seeing monster bucks right? Limiting others has got to be the answer! So they think.

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/30/14 11:32 AM

Originally Posted By: globe
The three buck limit has been in place long enough that everybody should be killing mature bucks and seeing lots of little bucks right? What's the excuse gonna be now? I know, I know, if we go to a ONE buck limit then everybody surely will be seeing monster bucks right? Limiting others has got to be the answer! So they think.

No . . . . . . but I can pretty much guarantee you that if you kill three little bucks, you'll never kill one big one. thumbup
Posted By: mike35549

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/30/14 12:25 PM

I can pretty much guarantee you that if you kill three little bucks, you'll never kill one big one. thumbup

That is one of the craziest things I have ever read on here. You can't honestly believe that. Maybe it was a joke that I didn't get.
Posted By: SkeeterPop

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/30/14 12:52 PM

Originally Posted By: mike35549

I can pretty much guarantee you that if you kill three little bucks, you'll never kill one big one. thumbup

That is one of the craziest things I have ever read on here. You can't honestly believe that. Maybe it was a joke that I didn't get.

You did not get it. legally if you always shoot 3 little bucks you will never kill 1 big one ! Its true. Assuming you are hunting legally.

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/30/14 01:08 PM

Originally Posted By: SkeeterPop

You did not get it. legally if you always shoot 3 little bucks you will never kill 1 big one ! Its true. Assuming you are hunting legally.

^^^^^ one of the smart ones on here. thumbup
Posted By: globe

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/30/14 03:20 PM

I'm seeing the same amount of people not having a good season, not seeing deer that I did 4-5 years ago. I'm sure the limit has helped some deer reach maturity, but it IS NOT gonna help you kill or see more deer.

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/30/14 08:55 PM

I takes to a guy this morning who showed me pics of his game camera in Ohio . They were monsters up there. Said he doesn't even hunt, but explained to me that they have a very strict limits and only one week of gun season & that's with a shotgun. Not sure if it's true or not but the pics of the deer were beautiful
Posted By: mike35549

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/30/14 09:15 PM

Originally Posted By: SkeeterPop

^^^^^ one of the smart ones on here. thumbup

I said maybe i just didn't get it.
Posted By: SkeeterPop

Re: What's wrong with the deer this season!? - 12/30/14 09:39 PM

Yes. They get one buck and only have a week of shotgun and then like 3 days of muzzle loader. First time ever hunted in Ohio. My brother and I drove 16 hours up. Went to feed store. Bought corn. Walked on my grandparents 100 acres of hardwood. Hung stand and poured corn pill. Came back two hours later climbed up and shot 8 pt eating from the pile in 2 hours.

There hunting is way different.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM