Aldeer.com

High fence bucks

Posted By: fromthedepths

High fence bucks - 12/19/14 10:56 PM

Why are they're antlers most always white?
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: High fence bucks - 12/19/14 10:59 PM

No trees in there stable to rub on
Posted By: Ben2

Re: High fence bucks - 12/19/14 11:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Beadlescomb
No trees in there stable to rub on

Negative sir.
Posted By: truedouble

Re: High fence bucks - 12/19/14 11:01 PM

sun bleaches the horns…not much shade in the pens…at least that's what a guy that breeds deer says

Re: High fence bucks - 12/19/14 11:04 PM

My take is that every shed turns white. Deer have whiter horns later in the year as the minerals dry up. Most enclosed deer are of a northern variety and lose their velvet a month or so before native deer meaning their horns are lighter colored earlier in the year. Just my opinion.
Posted By: RiverWood

Re: High fence bucks - 12/20/14 06:54 AM

I think a lot of the guides polish them with Clorox while they have them tranzilized when they release them from the pen into the high fence. Makes the racks look bigger to the guy paying $15K to shoot a high fenced deer ;D
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: High fence bucks - 12/20/14 07:01 AM

Antler color is driven by genetics, and to a much lesser degree what they rub on. Some plants/trees stain the antlers, but the color is genetically driven.
Posted By: Moodyc24

Re: High fence bucks - 12/20/14 07:39 AM

Originally Posted By: RiverWood
I think a lot of the guides polish them with Clorox while they have them tranzilized when they release them from the pen into the high fence. Makes the racks look bigger to the guy paying $15K to shoot a high fenced deer ;D

Bingo!!
Posted By: Remington270

Re: High fence bucks - 12/20/14 12:17 PM

Y'all be nice. Killing a high fence buck is just as hard as killing one on public land, according to some rofl
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: High fence bucks - 12/20/14 12:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Remington270
Y'all be nice. Killing a high fence buck is just as hard as killing one on public land, according to some rofl

pretty sure you just made that statement up.....
Posted By: lukeparker22

Re: High fence bucks - 12/20/14 02:43 PM

I can't understand why anyone would want to kill a pet. like shooting cows or something.

Re: High fence bucks - 12/20/14 02:53 PM

Originally Posted By: lukeparker22
I can't understand why anyone would want to kill a pet. like shooting cows or something.

does the fence suck their brains out????

Re: High fence bucks - 12/20/14 04:29 PM

Given the right operation, 1000 acre + enclosure has deer that act just like any other wild deer. They are affected by humans, they go nocturnal etc. No different than free range deer except that you can somewhat control what comes in or out. With that said sure you could feed them and get them accustomed to coming in for feed but you can do that in a free ranging herd as well.
Posted By: Zkd22

Re: High fence bucks - 12/20/14 09:50 PM

Deer in a pen are starving so it makes them easier to kill. I know several guys with 1,000+ acre pens and they are always complaining on the thousands they spend feeding them. The pens I have been in(not hunting) have zero browse. You can't find a leaf till 8ft off the ground. The ground is spotless
Posted By: BOB

Re: High fence bucks - 12/20/14 10:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Zkd22
Deer in a pen are starving so it makes them easier to kill. I know several guys with 1,000+ acre pens and they are always complaining on the thousands they spend feeding them. The pens I have been in(not hunting) have zero browse. You can't find a leaf till 8ft off the ground. The ground is spotless

Then they are not keeping the herd thinned out. Letting the property get over populated. This can happen anywhere.

Re: High fence bucks - 12/20/14 10:35 PM

you can put deer on a concrete floor and feed em pelleted feed and they won't starve. Just because there is no browse dosen't mean the deer are starving. Never seen an enclosure where the deer were starving.....
Posted By: Bamabucks14

Re: High fence bucks - 12/20/14 10:41 PM

Originally Posted By: BhamFred

"how is the shooter an underdog????? is everyone that hunts outside a high fence an underdog??? shooting a defenseless cow is "awesome"??? Hmmmm....."
You seemed to think so the other day.
Posted By: lukeparker22

Re: High fence bucks - 12/21/14 12:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Bamabucks14

"how is the shooter an underdog????? is everyone that hunts outside a high fence an underdog??? shooting a defenseless cow is "awesome"??? Hmmmm....."

directed to me? Bc if so I'm lost and need to be caught up.
Posted By: Bamabucks14

Re: High fence bucks - 12/21/14 01:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Bamabucks14

directed to me? Bc if so I'm lost and need to be caught up.

No not at you

Re: High fence bucks - 12/21/14 08:34 PM

you can put deer on a concrete floor and feed em pelleted feed and they won't starve. Just because there is no browse dosen't mean the deer are starving. Never seen an enclosure where the deer were starving.....

I don't think you guys understand the amount of money it takes to feed deer in a 1,000 acre pen. I don't guess you have been to many pens either. It takes between 500-750 a year to raise a buck. That's not counting the does. I said the deer are always hungry being their sole food source is that provided by the owner and that in turn makes the easy to shoot at a protein feeder.

Re: High fence bucks - 12/21/14 08:36 PM

Originally Posted By: BOB
Originally Posted By: Zkd22

Then they are not keeping the herd thinned out. Letting the property get over populated. This can happen anywhere.

It's a full time job of shooting does so therefore a lot of pens are out of balance. Wild deer can move and find food. Deer in the pen are kinda there to stay
Posted By: spy

Re: High fence bucks - 12/22/14 12:33 AM

I got a buddy that has a big fenced in hunting preserve in Wisconsin and it's not as easy as you think to kill one. His are not pets and will run when they see or smell u and he showed me some pics of about ten diffrent bucks that had never been seen since they were put in there. He has about 500-600 acs and they have plenty to eat and lots of trees to rub on and a lot of them have the white colored a antlers.
Posted By: WhiteCityHunter

Re: High fence bucks - 12/22/14 06:07 AM

Kill a deer in a phone booth for all I care. Why does this matter so much to some people? As long as it's not illegal, it ain't any if my business how the next guy hunts.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: High fence bucks - 12/22/14 07:58 AM

Only pen I've ever been in was row cropped. Soybeans and alfalfa. Then winter wheat in the fall. Those deer are fat and happy, and there's still plenty of privet hedge around if they get hungry.
Posted By: mirage243

Re: High fence bucks - 12/22/14 10:02 AM

You guy's that think that deer in high fenced operations are tame are full of sheeiit.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM