Aldeer.com

any free public land for gun hunts in morgan county al. and maps????

Posted By: cryer1013

any free public land for gun hunts in morgan county al. and maps???? - 11/24/14 11:56 AM

I need free public hunting lands in Morgan county alabama, like Tva land so I can take my son alot more,, I need maps also????? I'd like to hunt Tva land!!!
Posted By: cj7deerslayer

Re: any free public land for gun hunts in morgan county al. and maps???? - 11/24/14 02:31 PM

The tva land is great as long as you own full body armor in hunter orange. Almost all of it is slam full of duck hunters if there is any water at all and the rest is crowded with deer hunters. Id check out skyline wma. Ive killed some real nice deer there and its big enough that it doesnt get crowded. Also check into the forever wild land up that way. Id be scared to death on the tva land in gun season.
Posted By: Rocket62

Re: any free public land for gun hunts in morgan county al. and maps???? - 11/24/14 02:43 PM

Skyline WMA during a gun hunt is like Vietnam during the Tet Offensive LOL

Re: any free public land for gun hunts in morgan county al. and maps???? - 11/24/14 05:20 PM

Well I kinda Need some in Morgan county, I bow hunt mostly but I need to be able to take my son!!!!

Re: any free public land for gun hunts in morgan county al. and maps???? - 11/24/14 05:21 PM

Isn't skyline towards scottsboro??
Posted By: Haybale

Re: any free public land for gun hunts in morgan county al. and maps???? - 11/24/14 05:50 PM

North of scottsboro on 79N
Posted By: ghost rabbit

Re: any free public land for gun hunts in morgan county al. and maps???? - 11/24/14 09:48 PM

Skylins is a good drive from Decatur with several closer options. If you're in Decatur the cloesest are of TVA land is off 31 down by the boat dock in Flint. Its probably easiest to access with aboat but can be without one. The next closest would be out around Cotaco or Talucah. If you live in Decatur I would consider Bankhead. Its not that far and plenty of land to try out.
Posted By: WARPhEAGLE

Re: any free public land for gun hunts in morgan county al. and maps???? - 11/24/14 10:23 PM

If you want to bowhunt around Morgan County, I would suggest Wheeler Refuge. Lots of land and lots of deer. Map on their website.
Posted By: hitek

Re: any free public land for gun hunts in morgan county al. and maps???? - 11/25/14 12:16 PM

I think he is saying he bow hunts but would like TVA land so he can take his son gun hunting. See link for TVA land map. Most in Morgan county will be along Cotaco creek east of Sharpford Road
and along Flint creek west of Hwy. 31.

http://tva.maps.arcgis.com/apps/OnePane/basicviewer/index.html?appid=0fba24ea916644cdba268d4f89fcb950&basemapgroupowner=pjnabors&basemapgrouptitle=%27TVA%20BaseMaps%20for%20Dispersed%20Recreation%20Map%20App

Re: any free public land for gun hunts in morgan county al. and maps???? - 11/27/14 08:12 PM

Thank you guys so much happy Thanksgiving! !!!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM