Aldeer.com

has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama.

Posted By: Karsonclowers

has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/18/14 02:51 PM

We have had an encounter with one on my pawpaws land. Anyone know some bait to use to get a pic on trail cam.
Posted By: Ridgehunter36

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/18/14 02:59 PM

smear some chicken blood on 575 dozen arras.
Posted By: pcola4

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/18/14 03:11 PM

We have seen them in Beatrice and I saw tracks of one in Furman. My son said he saw one a couple years ago not far from Brantley. None on camera. Don't want to bait them...they may start hunting me! LOL
Posted By: bgarrett

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/18/14 03:14 PM

A Black one?
Posted By: doecommander

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/18/14 03:17 PM

I have only saw Bigfoots.
Posted By: I_hate_poachers

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/18/14 03:20 PM

slap
Posted By: coachg34

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/18/14 03:21 PM

popcorn
Posted By: hunterbuck

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/18/14 03:27 PM

Let me know if you get any pics of a unicorn or the Loch Ness Monster.
Posted By: Big Game Hunter

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/18/14 03:32 PM

I was the second shooter on the grassy knoll.
Posted By: IDOT

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/18/14 03:38 PM

That's why deer farmers have fences in Alabama. whistle
Posted By: Cletus

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/18/14 04:01 PM

Any relation to jerry clowers?

As to your question, yeah their everywhere but folks don't like to share the pictures they have.
Posted By: aldoghunter

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/18/14 04:03 PM

sardines on a clorox stump works every time.

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/18/14 04:08 PM

Thank yall. And yes I am related to jerry clower.Cousin
Posted By: Clem

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/18/14 04:21 PM

Quote:
I was the second shooter on the grassy knoll.

But ... but ... that old man said he still had the shovel.
Posted By: Clem

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/18/14 04:23 PM

"Whooooo, knock him out John! Shoot that thang! Whooooo!"

Posted By: DoeMaster

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/18/14 11:23 PM

I once saw a black painter outside of butler terrace in huntsville.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/18/14 11:27 PM

I caught this one near Gardendale.....

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/18/14 11:30 PM

Is it illegal to kill them

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/18/14 11:32 PM

uh...yeah....
Posted By: dnolen

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/19/14 12:22 AM

Only way to kill them and it be legal is in self defense or if someone is in danger. But it had better be chewing on your neck before you pull the trigger.
Posted By: PEA_RIDGE

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/19/14 12:25 AM

FRED PUT THE STUFFED ANIMALS DOWN
Posted By: bigcountry692001

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/19/14 03:48 AM

Originally Posted By: BhamFred

lol
Posted By: Shaw

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/19/14 06:14 AM

That sure is a big pussy you got there Troy. laugh
Posted By: daniel white

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/19/14 06:46 AM

"We called em supped up Wild Cats"... laugh
Posted By: Gotcha1

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/19/14 07:20 AM

Some guy in Talladega has one. You probably need to call the Chief of Police to see if he knows anything about it. He's a very understanding feller and will be happy to help.
Good luck!

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/19/14 07:40 AM

Originally Posted By: PEA_RIDGE

ain't stuffed, live as all haill......belonged to a stripper(the naked kind) at Sammys. It and my dog would fight like two tornados. At night I had to put the dog out of the room and keep the cat in the bedroom...woke up with it gnawing on my skull...I still have dain bramage.
Posted By: jnall

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/19/14 07:44 AM

Magic bait!
Posted By: Gotcha1

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/19/14 08:21 AM

ain't stuffed, live as all haill......belonged to a stripper(the naked kind) at Sammys. It and my dog would fight like two tornados. At night I had to put the dog out of the room and keep the cat in the bedroom...woke up with it gnawing on my skull...I still have dain bramage.

Wonder what happened to the rest of us? loco
Posted By: blumsden

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/19/14 08:25 AM

We have a new strain. A guy that owns 80 acres next to me, says that he saw a charcoal gray colored one about 2 weeks ago. He claims he watched it jump out of a tree, jump the road in one leap, and hall arse up the mountain. He said the tail was 3' long.
Posted By: T-town

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/19/14 09:37 AM

Where did the stripper have to sleep?
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/19/14 10:00 AM

They do exist! A rare photo of a Squatch and a Painter together!

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/19/14 11:24 AM

the encounter I was talking about: My brother and I split up in the woods and I was way off from him. We where scounting hunting spots out. He came running and said he saw one. After he showed me where he and it was, it was about 50 yrds away and he said he got a real good look at it. He also said the tail was about 5 ft long but I think he was exaggerating. We cant get a picture because my camera keeps messing up, but we will eventually.
Posted By: Turkeymaster

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/19/14 02:06 PM

If you find one don't tell the GW, according to a GW I talked to, they are supposedly extinct and Don't exist in AL which means they would stop all hunting within a 50 miles square radius if you were to find one and report it

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/19/14 03:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Turkeymaster
If you find one don't tell the GW, according to a GW I talked to, they are supposedly extinct and Don't exist in AL which means they would stop all hunting within a 50 miles square radius if you were to find one and report it

horsechitt^^^^^
Posted By: High_Gravity

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/19/14 03:50 PM

"There has not been a mountain lion sighting in Alabama since 1953"

Exact words from a game warden that taught my hunter Ed class back in 1999 or so.
Posted By: CB1

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/19/14 08:34 PM

I know there are skeptics but I have seen 2 tan ones in a field while checking for calving cows around 1980 in Clarke county one night.They were standing at the edge of the pasture. They had orange eyes and l remember ones long tail keep whipping around like it was agitated. We had just seen a wounded buck limping across the field. We figured they were after the buck. Scared the crap out of us. We had always heard they were around but never had seen one till that night.
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/20/14 12:23 AM

First, welcome to the forum. I see you're a pretty new member. It's been a while since we've seen this thread. Been waiting for it to pop back up. Pass the popcorn. popcorn slap

Dr. B
Posted By: JayBo

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/20/14 12:40 AM

First here's some background info on these pictures. The gentleman in these pictures works with my Uncle repairing cell phone towers. Late one night in December of 2010 he was en route to a job site on a remote road near Livingston in Sumter County, AL when this behemoth jumped off an overhanging ledge directly in front of his vehicle injuring the animal & obviously damaging the truck.

The lion was still alive but unable to move, so he contacted animal control services. They came put the cat down, measured, took samples of some sorts, & then proceeded to dispose of the animal. The man then asked if he could just keep the cat in hopes of having it mounted & they obliged.

This cat weighed 260lbs while most mature male mountain lions weigh 80 to 150 lbs. A local land owner claims to have seen this cat a week before dragging off a 320lb steer...

Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/20/14 01:24 AM

That might be the syphilis from a Sammy's gal messing with your head brain
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/20/14 01:25 AM

Originally Posted By: JayBo
First here's some background info on these pictures. The gentleman in these pictures works with my Uncle repairing cell phone towers. Late one night in December of 2010 he was en route to a job site on a remote road near Livingston in Sumter County, AL when this behemoth jumped off an overhanging ledge directly in front of his vehicle injuring the animal & obviously damaging the truck.

The lion was still alive but unable to move, so he contacted animal control services. They came put the cat down, measured, took samples of some sorts, & then proceeded to dispose of the animal. The man then asked if he could just keep the cat in hopes of having it mounted & they obliged.

This cat weighed 260lbs while most mature male mountain lions weigh 80 to 150 lbs. A local land owner claims to have seen this cat a week before dragging off a 320lb steer...

He a taxidermist too?
Posted By: spy

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/20/14 03:21 AM

He we go with the black cats again. No matter how many times a mountain lion humps another mountain lion it will never ever come out black. The black ones are located in South America not south alabama or any other place in alabama or the us.
Posted By: bigcountry692001

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/20/14 06:13 AM

Until I actually see one I will never believe they are in Alabama. And given chance I will have irrefutable evidence and then maybe my own article in AON grin
Posted By: YEKRUT

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/20/14 07:55 AM

Originally Posted By: JayBo

Lol, great attempt at a story I must say.
Posted By: dirkdaddy

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/20/14 08:38 AM

I know a guy that has seen tracks. He is in and out of the woods more than most of us as it is his job to measure stream levels across the state. Obviously the guy has been on many stream banks and seen many tracks and he adamantly swears he's seen big cat tracks more than once. Coming from some people I wouldn't believe them, but considering this guys job and that he's a no bs kinda guy, I believe him wholeheartedly. He doesn't hunt much, maybe a couple of times a year at most, so his "sightings" or intuition aren't based on some deer camp banter or experiences while hunting only a few times a year.
Posted By: dirkdaddy

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/20/14 08:40 AM

Here's an article debunking the photos above: http://blog.pennlive.com/pa-sportsman/20...te_college.html
Posted By: Shaw

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/20/14 09:00 AM

That pussy gets around. wink
Posted By: shooters

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/20/14 09:07 AM

Thought I had seen that one before! grin
Posted By: hunterbuck

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/20/14 09:54 AM

How many times have we all seen this pic...which someone was trying to pass off as showing up on a buddy of thiers' trail cam?

Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/20/14 10:03 AM

Originally Posted By: dirkdaddy
Here's an article debunking the photos above: http://blog.pennlive.com/pa-sportsman/20...te_college.html

Man, this popcorn is awesome! Yum Yum! This BS thread is awesome! popcorn
Keep it going PLEASE!! I need some entertainment before I head off to check eyes at a nursing home later today!

Dr. B
Posted By: Tambo252

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/20/14 10:25 AM

There are several just a few miles from my house. But they live in a little sanctuary called Tigers for Tomorrow. smile

Tigers for Tomorrow at Untamed Mountain

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/20/14 11:12 AM

I guided a client to this one a few years ago.

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/20/14 11:13 AM

in South Dakota or Nebraska?

is that you on the left????

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/20/14 04:33 PM

Actually we were on he top of Cheaha Mountain.

I'm the striking debonair gentleman on the left.
Posted By: scrape

Re: has anybody ever saw or got pics of mountain lions in alabama. - 11/21/14 09:10 PM

I think the question should be who hasn't seen a mountain lion in alabama. Most avid hunters probably have. I dont see why they need to populate here. I would suggest treating them like you would a bobcat or coyote.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM