Aldeer.com

Best $200 or less trail camera?

Posted By: FurFlyin

Best $200 or less trail camera? - 10/13/14 06:01 PM

I've used Moultrie cameras for several years. I've read their customer service has declined due to a change in organizational structuring. I'm pretty big on customer service, so that pretty much rules them out.

The last 2 trail cameras that I bought were Bushnelss. Neither camera lasted more than a year without problems. I don't know how their customer service is because I didn't send either camera back. My fault.

After reading reviews it looks like Browning is selling a highly rated camera now and they have 3 models for $200 or less. Anyone use one of these?

Are all trail cameras pretty much disposable? I don't know if I'm ready to fork over the money for a Reconyx but if one would last for 5 years it would be worth the investment.

Opinions, reviews?
Posted By: todd w

Re: Best $200 or less trail camera? - 10/13/14 06:13 PM

i have used the wildgame innovations white flash that dicks has for $49.

I have the white flash version, but my dad has this one. Good so far.
Posted By: huntbig

Re: Best $200 or less trail camera? - 10/13/14 06:27 PM

Originally Posted By: todd w
i have used the wildgame innovations white flash that dicks has for $49.

I have the white flash version, but my dad has this one. Good so far.

I'm thinking about buying one of these. They currently are running 15% off sale for online purchases.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Best $200 or less trail camera? - 10/13/14 06:27 PM

I've had my reconyx for about 5 years and the only issue I've had is a lens $35 fix plus shipping.
Posted By: M48scout

Re: Best $200 or less trail camera? - 10/13/14 06:28 PM

I think Covert is the only option you really have left after crossing off the ones you mentioned.
Posted By: billrv

Re: Best $200 or less trail camera? - 10/13/14 06:46 PM

I continue to use Bushnells because of thier good customer service I've had three with problems, they have made them right in a timely fashion
Posted By: demp17

Re: Best $200 or less trail camera? - 10/13/14 07:19 PM

I bought one of the browning black flash versions from trailcampro.Com and it's been solid. Taken about 3k pics on 6 lithium batteries and it's still sitting on 100% and the pictures are very clear. Trailcampro gave me a 2 year warranty, free 8 gb card and free shipping for $150.

I switched from Moultrie as well after they wouldn't fix one of my blackouts.
Posted By: frezznh2o

Re: Best $200 or less trail camera? - 10/13/14 07:30 PM

I have the cheaper browning range ops. ~$85. Its red ir flash and has worked great for 2yrs. Pretty simple to use. 8 aa battery last months
Posted By: BDhunts

Re: Best $200 or less trail camera? - 10/13/14 07:42 PM

Cuddeback: Attack or Ambush for Quality Color photos Day and Night. http://cuddeback.com/cameras.aspx#color

HCO outddors: SG550V or SG570V http://www.hcooutdoors.com/products/scouting-cameras/super-compact.html

I've had my SG550V for about 7 or 8 years, great on battery life and compact with great IR night range and Color day pictures.
Posted By: Hogwild

Re: Best $200 or less trail camera? - 10/13/14 07:45 PM

Originally Posted By: BDhunts
Cuddeback: Attack or Ambush for Quality Color photos Day and Night. http://cuddeback.com/cameras.aspx#color

HCO outddors: SG550V or SG570V http://www.hcooutdoors.com/products/scouting-cameras/super-compact.html

I've had my SG550V for about 7 or 8 years, great on battery life and compact with great IR night range and Color day pictures.

HCO Scoutguard all the way! thumbup
Posted By: leroycnbucks

Re: Best $200 or less trail camera? - 10/13/14 08:04 PM

Hey tightwad! Take that money you save on haircuts and spend a hundred and fifty more dollars and get a good one like I finally did. laugh
Posted By: rblaker

Re: Best $200 or less trail camera? - 10/13/14 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Hogwild
Originally Posted By: BDhunts

HCO Scoutguard all the way! thumbup

This! I like my scoutgard, easy to use, small and easy to conceal.
Posted By: BOB

Re: Best $200 or less trail camera? - 10/13/14 08:09 PM

I have had good luck with Primos Blackout.
Posted By: sugaray

Re: Best $200 or less trail camera? - 10/13/14 08:15 PM

I have two cuddeback Attacks 1156's for sale $200 for the pair in the classifieds

Re: Best $200 or less trail camera? - 10/13/14 08:47 PM

Originally Posted By: leroycnbucks
Hey tightwad! Take that money you save on haircuts and spend a hundred and fifty more dollars and get a good one like I finally did. laugh

and what kind was that, or do I just call around and ask the stores til I find the one you bought? smile
Posted By: gatorbait154

Re: Best $200 or less trail camera? - 10/13/14 08:53 PM

Covert .. Best camera I've ever had
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Best $200 or less trail camera? - 10/13/14 08:57 PM

Bushnell trophy cam

Re: Best $200 or less trail camera? - 10/13/14 09:04 PM

Originally Posted By: FurFlyin
Originally Posted By: leroycnbucks

and what kind was that, or do I just call around and ask the stores til I find the one you bought? smile

Look on Amazon Bradley.

Re: Best $200 or less trail camera? - 10/13/14 09:06 PM

Heck, I've got one of those in the floor in my garage that crapped out after less than a year of use.

Re: Best $200 or less trail camera? - 10/13/14 09:09 PM

My second season only with it and no problems so far.
Posted By: Bucky205

Re: Best $200 or less trail camera? - 10/13/14 09:30 PM

I've got a couple of Moultrie 990i Blackouts that have been outside for 2 years now and still doing well. Moultrie is located in Alabaster, AL.
Posted By: NightHunter

Re: Best $200 or less trail camera? - 10/13/14 09:49 PM

Originally Posted By: gatorbait154
Covert .. Best camera I've ever had

+1
Posted By: 85toyo

Re: Best $200 or less trail camera? - 10/13/14 09:49 PM

I bought 5 of the cheap WGI cams last year. Two of them lasted for a few months, two were just put out again two months ago and the other hasn't been out of the woods since August last year.

I have had a Browning strike force out for about a month now. Great day time photos but the night pics aren't that impressive.

Also put out a Stealth Cam G30? at the same time and it is my favorite so far.

The Browning and Stealth were both under $150 but only time will tell if they will last.
Posted By: cTs902

Re: Best $200 or less trail camera? - 10/13/14 09:52 PM

I am very happy with my Bushnell Trophy Cam HD. No complaints... Battery life is my favorite part I will say...
Posted By: bambam32

Re: Best $200 or less trail camera? - 10/13/14 10:12 PM

I have the $69 Wild Game Innovations cameras from Academy. I think they're 4.0 MP. I bought my first one three years ago and it's still working. Sometimes the night pics are a little grainy at distance but I don't really care if I have a pic of a grainy 8 point. I know he's there. I favor the design of the battery compartment, it's on the bottom and less prone to leaking. Good battery life too. I bought two time lapse Moultries this year, the jury is still out.
Posted By: BatesConst

Re: Best $200 or less trail camera? - 10/13/14 10:42 PM

I just ordered a Browning black ops today. Suppose to be black flash (Which is the only way to go imo). Give around $130 including shipping. Found it online, not sure which site it was. I read the reviews. I think it'll make a good one for under $150.I have a moultri m-80 black that's on its 3rd year with no hiccups.
Posted By: Mdees

Re: Best $200 or less trail camera? - 10/14/14 08:21 AM

I have a couple of Primos thruthcams, about $90 each, that are on their 3rd and 4th seasons. I run them Sept-May on one set of batteries.
Posted By: jbsbama

Re: Best $200 or less trail camera? - 10/15/14 07:54 PM

I know that you said your big on customer service and you mentioned no Moutrie because you heard bad things BUT I use their M-880s and have been very happy with them. Your customer service thing reminds me of a scene in Tommy Boy...

Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted. Why would somebody put a guarantee on a box? Hmmm, very interesting.

Ted Nelson, Customer: Go on, I'm listening.

Tommy: Here's the way I see it, Ted. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside.

Ted Nelson, Customer: Yeah, makes a man feel good.

Tommy: 'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?

Ted Nelson, Customer: [impatiently] What's your point?

Tommy: The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.

Ted Nelson, Customer: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?

Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of sh*t. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.
Posted By: hallb

Re: Best $200 or less trail camera? - 10/15/14 08:07 PM

Bought 4 browning strike force this season. So far so good. Check out trailcampro.com they rank them very high.
Posted By: HHSyelper

Re: Best $200 or less trail camera? - 10/16/14 09:23 AM

I have several of the moultrie 2013 990i cameras that work great.
Posted By: Sulli

Re: Best $200 or less trail camera? - 10/16/14 10:26 AM

Originally Posted By: jbsbama
I know that you said your big on customer service and you mentioned no Moutrie because you heard bad things BUT I use their M-880s and have been very happy with them. Your customer service thing reminds me of a scene in Tommy Boy...

Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted. Why would somebody put a guarantee on a box? Hmmm, very interesting.

Ted Nelson, Customer: Go on, I'm listening.

Tommy: Here's the way I see it, Ted. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside.

Ted Nelson, Customer: Yeah, makes a man feel good.

Tommy: 'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?

Ted Nelson, Customer: [impatiently] What's your point?

Tommy: The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.

Ted Nelson, Customer: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?

Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of sh*t. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.

I love Tommy Boy- fat guy in a little coat.....

I bought a couple of spy point cameras this summer and so far so good. Dad is running the moultrie 880 and it's doing well also. I am looking to see how these do after a year of use . That's when mine have crapped out in the last, for moultrie I had that someone stole (logger- also Cut down the tree with my stand and climbing sticks but left them mangled in the ground as well as the tree-***hole)
Posted By: _splittoe

Re: Best $200 or less trail camera? - 10/16/14 07:50 PM

I have 5 Moultrie M -990i's, 2nd year now and no problems and takes great pics
Posted By: wardaddy

Re: Best $200 or less trail camera? - 10/16/14 08:04 PM

Trailcampro.com has the demo Covert cellular camera for $250.
Posted By: ghost rabbit

Re: Best $200 or less trail camera? - 10/16/14 08:43 PM

Try some of the homebrew stuff. I have 6-8 right now. Hagshouse.com
© 2024 ALDEER.COM