Aldeer.com

Screening material around deer stand

Posted By: bambam32

Screening material around deer stand - 09/22/14 09:29 PM

Does anyone use any screening type material like camo netting to help conceal your entry and exit from a deer stand? I'm going to plant some fast growing bushes but in the short run I need another solution. I've seen some windscreen for a chain link fence that's about $50 FOR 50' that might work. What has worked for you?
Posted By: Johnal3

Re: Screening material around deer stand - 09/22/14 09:31 PM

Fake Christmas tree branches or netting from academy. Used both.

Re: Screening material around deer stand - 09/22/14 10:43 PM

[quote=Johnal3]Fake Christmas tree branches or netting from academy. Used both. [/quote
Does your Academy camo have the net backing?
Posted By: Johnal3

Re: Screening material around deer stand - 09/22/14 10:59 PM

Last I looked they had net and solid material with small "leaf holes".
Think Wally World has it also.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Screening material around deer stand - 09/23/14 09:49 AM

How long of a distance are you planning on covering? Wouldn't this screen need to be about 6 ft tall?
Posted By: TR

Re: Screening material around deer stand - 09/23/14 05:56 PM

We always cut brush and pile it to conceal our entry
Posted By: Beer Belly

Re: Screening material around deer stand - 09/23/14 06:51 PM

I use that material that you put in flower beds to prevent weeds around stand bottoms. Last a long time.

Re: Screening material around deer stand - 09/24/14 09:23 AM

Originally Posted By: jlbuc10
How long of a distance are you planning on covering? Wouldn't this screen need to be about 6 ft tall?

Yes it would need to be about 6' tall. The longest of the screens would need to be about 20' and I would sink some posts to hold it up. I'm kind of leaning towards the chain link fence wind screen in dark green at this point.
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Screening material around deer stand - 09/24/14 09:35 AM

I plant egyptian wheat. It gets 10-14' tall. Holds up well all winter, if you don't plant it too thick.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Screening material around deer stand - 09/24/14 09:38 AM

What if you just drove t posts and stretched the black erosion screen across the posts, and attach it to the posts with zip ties? I think That would be a lot cheaper than chain link fence. It might not be 6ft tall but if it's only 20' you could hunch over a big and stay outta sight.
Posted By: Itismemc

Re: Screening material around deer stand - 09/24/14 09:48 AM

If you know anyone that works at the city parks department or a country club, the stuff around tennis courts is perfect for this and they will give it away, you can cut it to fit whatever you need.

Re: Screening material around deer stand - 09/24/14 10:37 AM

What if you just drove t posts and stretched the black erosion screen across the posts, and attach it to the posts with zip ties? I think That would be a lot cheaper than chain link fence. It might not be 6ft tall but if it's only 20' you could hunch over a big and stay outta sight.

I'll look into the erosion material. I'm not going to put up a chain link fence. I was considering using the windscreen (like on a tennis court) that is designed to be attached chain link fence.
Posted By: Dkhargroves

Re: Screening material around deer stand - 09/24/14 10:59 AM

Originally Posted By: bambam32

I'll look into the erosion material. I'm not going to put up a chain link fence. I was considering using the windscreen (like on a tennis court) that is designed to be attached chain link fence.

why not the weed mat you lay in garden pretty cheap
© 2024 ALDEER.COM