Aldeer.com

Saw my first black deer.

Posted By: buckbrush

Saw my first black deer. - 02/02/14 08:43 PM

I know they have a specific name like malnaise or something like that. Saw it on the side of the road eating in a group of doe's so I figures it was a doe. Very pretty deer, its back was black all the way down to its stomach were it blended into a brownish color. I wish I could have stopped and got a picture but had a lot of cars behind me. I saw this deer just north of Huntsville on 72.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Saw my first black deer. - 02/02/14 08:47 PM

Melanistic. That's cool, I've never seen one, nor a piebald.
Posted By: buckbrush

Re: Saw my first black deer. - 02/02/14 08:56 PM

Lol yeah that's the name. I've never seen a piebald.
Posted By: TIME_KILLER08

Re: Saw my first black deer. - 02/02/14 08:56 PM

They're even more rare than piebalds or albinos! Very cool
Posted By: extreme heights hunter

Re: Saw my first black deer. - 02/02/14 09:05 PM

I have only seen 1. Waynesboro mississippi about 10 years ago. I don't normally hunt from the ground but I did on this afternoon hunt looking down an old oil well road. I watched a couple doe graze for a few minutes and they got spooked and ran off. About a minute later I see what spooked them off. At first I said a few dirty words to myself because what I first though was a black bear 50 yards away from me ended up being a 6 point that was charcoal grey almost black as the ace of spades. I damn near shot him because I felt he was a trophy but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I hoped to see him again in a couple years but never did.
Posted By: blade

Re: Saw my first black deer. - 02/02/14 09:08 PM

I've seen two piebalds. My brother killed a big piebald 10 pt and I passed on a small piebald 8 pt once. Never seen a melanistic tho, would like too.
Posted By: top cat

Re: Saw my first black deer. - 02/02/14 10:48 PM

Got one on the wall.
Posted By: Morgan

Re: Saw my first black deer. - 02/02/14 11:04 PM

Originally Posted By: top cat
Got one on the wall.

lets see it top cat.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM