Aldeer.com

Madison County Rut Activity

Posted By: HSM85

Madison County Rut Activity - 01/17/13 03:49 AM

Anybody hunting Madison County (Northeast of Huntsville)? I Killed a buck 2 weeks ago and his tarsal glands were dark and very strong smelling, slightly swollen neck. However, he was in the field with another buck and several does. No chasing. What are you seeing?
Posted By: 9pointerbuck

Re: Madison County Rut Activity - 01/17/13 04:20 AM

Friend of mine killed a 8pt today chasing a doe. It looks to be heating up here.
Posted By: Hoss606

Re: Madison County Rut Activity - 01/17/13 05:13 AM

At 0653 today i saw a deer chasing/following another deer. The second deer had a bigger body than the first deer. I could not tell if it had horn or not, due to low light and fog. Sat from sun up to sun down and saw no rutting activity. In new market area
Posted By: Navy

Re: Madison County Rut Activity - 01/17/13 01:31 PM

I have cameras set up and hunted here in limestone next door and no chasing here. Just a couple very mature bucks walking around. They did have very dark glands and swollen neck. But someone here might say the rut is over.
Posted By: scrape

Re: Madison County Rut Activity - 01/19/13 04:23 AM

ive seen them chasing like crazy here in limestone county this week. they were out in the rain. i believe its second rut already. first rut seemed to be a week early. got an eight today checking a scrape.
Posted By: WARPhEAGLE

Re: Madison County Rut Activity - 01/19/13 11:16 AM

In S.Madison Co, we almost always see the most buck activity in mid-Jan, and this year has been no exception. My buddy killed a good 8 yesterday. He was rutted up pretty good.
Posted By: RuttinBuck

Re: Madison County Rut Activity - 01/19/13 02:09 PM

Seen about 10 does! Still grouped up! Haven't seen any bucks--Hazel Green area!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM