Aldeer.com

So why don't THEY need to wear orange?

Posted By: AU .30-06

So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/16/12 01:34 AM

Had a game warden visit my buddy this morning while we were hunting. He has a broken foot and is on crutches so he was in a little pop up just off one of our logging roads on a green field. As he's watching a deer in the trees in the distance to determine if it's a shooter, he hears "hello." Game warden is standing directly behind him. Lucky he didn't get shot surprising someone like that!

He asks from my buddy's license. He doesn't have it because we're on our private property. He asks my buddy if he's the owner and he replied that he's not but that he's family. He asks my buddy if he has any orange with him. He points to the cast and the crutches and says "Do I look like I'm gonna be walking around anywhere?! They dropped me off here and will be back shortly to pick me up."

I know they are required to wear orange in the woods during hunting season (cuz that would give them away!) but that's got to be the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Although they'd never admit it, too many people still shoot at movement and "think" they see a deer. These game wardens are walking around in dark green hats, shirts and pants...and people will be up in arms when/ if one gets shot during hunting season! That's just plain aggrevating to me!! And he gave my buddy a citation for not having written permission from the land owner on his person. No telling what that will cost him! Arrrgh!!

Thankfully, he was a nice guy. We've seen too many that aren't.
Posted By: mike35549

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/16/12 02:30 AM

I have often thought it was kind of crazy to be out walking around on other peoples property without any orange seems detrimental to your health. Sadly it will probably only happen after one of them is shot. I would want a orange coat or shirt.
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/16/12 02:45 AM

If your following the laws there's nothing to be mad about I'm glad when I see a gw out doing his job. If I'm not mistaken your required by law to have your hunter orange until your over 12 foot up in a treestand
Posted By: bigcountry692001

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/16/12 02:49 AM

I completely agree. If I as a hunter am required to wear blaze orange the officers enforcing this should wear it as well. To me its like the helmet law for motor cycles let the riders decide if they want to wear one, or in this case let the hunter decide if he wants to wear it.
Just my 2¢
Posted By: Bucktrot

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/16/12 03:20 AM

Those guys sacrifice a lot to do their job and yes, it's certainly dangerous.

I really don't understand your point here.

I do not know a soul that shoots at movement or that would shoot first when startled and ask questions later.

It's aggravating to you because the GW may get shot if he's not wearing hunter orange? I'm not saying that you would shoot at movement but if I hear of a GW or anyone getting shot while in the woods and the person was mistaken for a deer, I'm not getting mad at the person who got shot. I'm getting mad at the stupid idiot that pulled the trigger in the first place!!

If I ever hear of another hunter telling a story of shooting at movement in the woods, I'm going apechit crazy chastising the idiot and if he's in my hunting club, I'll do what I can to get the stupid idiot thrown out of my club.

No the GW should not be required to wear HO when in the woods. He'll catch more poachers in camo. I know I won't be shooting at him or anybody mistaking them for a deer!

I tell ya.... people "SHOULD BE" UP IN ARMS IF A GW GETS SHOT B/C SOMEONE THINKS HE'S A DEER!!!!!! And the bottom line is that it's not the GW's fault nor the state's fault for the GW getting shot.... IT'S STILL THE PERSON'S FAULT THAT IS PULLING THE TRIGGER!!!!

Your buddy was breaking the law so the GW was doing his job.

Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/16/12 03:24 AM

I imagine you would have been whistling a different tune if that had been a poacher sitting in your ground blind?

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/16/12 03:29 AM

Last week, in four days, I caught four poachers and two were well into our leased land on a fourwheeler in hardwoods with unshucked corn in the front and back racks!!

I support GW's in their stealth and I don't mind getting checked anywhere I am on my lease. I could just as well be a poacher.

So why don't THEY need to wear orange? Sneaking up on poachers ain't easy in HO and again, I sure as hell don't know a soul in my hunting circles that shoots at movement.

Posted By: BrentM

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/16/12 03:39 AM

Friend of mine who is a good deer hunter told me a story once about a deer he was watching bedded down in a cedar thicket...... He said it was a hundred yards or so down the mountain and he watched it through binos for a while and decided it was a big doe because he never could see any horns. He decided he would shoot her if she got up and presented him a broadside, otherwise just sit for a while. He said an hour or so later the deer got up and moved.... guy in a pair of brown carhartts over a light grey hooded sweatshirt. Bout ruined the guy from hunting anymore after that.
I had a good turkey hunter a few years ago apologize to me all shook up because I had crawled up on a turkey not knowing he was there and he had drawn down on me and flipped the safety off. Said I sounded just like a turkey walking when I was crawling and he had already caught my movement..... He was about to put it on me as soon as he saw that white head, which thankfully he didn't.
Course that was my fault and you really can't wear orange turkey hunting but it just goes to show you that even responsible guys can have their eyes play tricks on them. No reason to EVER be in the woods during gun season without orange on. It just creates an environment with a lot greater chance of something bad happening.
Posted By: swamp_fever2002

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/16/12 03:40 AM

thumbup

Originally Posted By: Bucktrot

I do not know a soul that shoots at movement or that would shoot first when startled and ask questions later.

It's aggravating to you because the GW may get shot if he's not wearing hunter orange? I'm not saying that you would shoot at movement but if I hear of a GW or anyone getting shot while in the woods and the person was mistaken for a deer, I'm not getting mad at the person who got shot. I'm getting mad at the stupid idiot that pulled the trigger in the first place!!

If I ever hear of another hunter telling a story of shooting at movement in the woods, I'm going apechit crazy chastising the idiot and if he's in my hunting club, I'll do what I can to get the stupid idiot thrown out of my club.

No the GW should not be required to wear HO when in the woods. He'll catch more poachers in camo. I know I won't be shooting at him or anybody mistaking them for a deer!

I tell ya.... people "SHOULD BE" UP IN ARMS IF A GW GETS SHOT B/C SOMEONE THINKS HE'S A DEER!!!!!! And the bottom line is that it's not the GW's fault nor the state's fault for the GW getting shot.... IT'S STILL THE PERSON'S FAULT THAT IS PULLING THE TRIGGER!!!!

Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/16/12 03:45 AM

Originally Posted By: AU .30-06
Had a game warden visit my buddy this morning while we were hunting. He has a broken foot and is on crutches so he was in a little pop up just off one of our logging roads on a green field. As he's watching a deer in the trees in the distance to determine if it's a shooter, he hears "hello." Game warden is standing directly behind him. Lucky he didn't get shot surprising someone like that!

He asks from my buddy's license. He doesn't have it because we're on our private property. He asks my buddy if he's the owner and he replied that he's not but that he's family. He asks my buddy if he has any orange with him. He points to the cast and the crutches and says "Do I look like I'm gonna be walking around anywhere?! They dropped me off here and will be back shortly to pick me up."

I know they are required to wear orange in the woods during hunting season (cuz that would give them away!) but that's got to be the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Although they'd never admit it, too many people still shoot at movement and "think" they see a deer. These game wardens are walking around in dark green hats, shirts and pants...and people will be up in arms when/ if one gets shot during hunting season! That's just plain aggrevating to me!! And he gave my buddy a citation for not having written permission from the land owner on his person. No telling what that will cost him! Arrrgh!!

Thankfully, he was a nice guy. We've seen too many that aren't.

How does a GW find a needle in the haystack like your situation?
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/16/12 03:52 AM

this whole argument always pisses me off laugh GWs don't wear orange because ya can't sneak up on a poacher with orange on. Their choice about if to wear it. I wore it on occasion, mostly wore a camo jacket and no orange. I carried an orange hat for those occasions when I thought I might need it or to put on at the last stretch moving in on someone.

I knew GWs that wore it a lot, others not so much. Only time I didn't have it on and wished I did was when I got halfway down a stand line on a deer drive and a doe ran between me and a stander 75 yards away.....I hit the dirt and he let em go. Pretty rare for a local black on a drive with his buddies.

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/16/12 03:58 AM

Greedy hunters; poachers types; brown-it's-down types; indiscriminate killers/hunters; killers without regard... are the type of hunters that are a part of hunting accidents that involve mistaking humans for game.

My dad told me at an early age that when you see "an animal" in the woods, it has to prove to you that it's an animal. He preached that when you see movement in the woods, you HAVE to assume it's a human first, and not an animal.

He also taught me to make ethical, well-placed shots and not shoot "at bodies".

If a hunter is shooting a mature gobbler... not hens nor jakes, and disciplines himself to take an ethical shoot, he can't make a mistake and shoot a human.

Same goes for a deer. Ethical shots and being discriminate or selective in what you shoot makes making a mistake very hard.

With all that said, I wear Hunter Orange when deer, hog, squirrel and upland game/bird hunting and I'm worried while I'm duck hunting that some POS poacher is going to mistake me for a hog or deer!

Yes, I believe in HO!
Posted By: cahaba

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/16/12 04:26 AM

Originally Posted By: BrentM

I had a good turkey hunter a few years ago apologize to me all shook up because I had crawled up on a turkey not knowing he was there and he had drawn down on me and flipped the safety off. Said I sounded just like a turkey walking when I was crawling and he had already caught my movement..... He was about to put it on me as soon as he saw that white head, which thankfully he didn't.
Course that was my fault and you really can't wear orange turkey hunting but it just goes to show you that even responsible guys can have their eyes play tricks on them. No reason to EVER be in the woods during gun season without orange on. It just creates an environment with a lot greater chance of something bad happening.

Just seeing a white head is not enough reason for me or anyone I turkey hunt with to pull the trigger. The woods can play on ones eyes and imagination and we have to KNOW what it is before we shoot. Can't call a bullet back. Years ago a turkey hunting friend of mine almost died when his pardner shot him with 3in. #4s. He said he seen a white head.
Posted By: mike35549

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/16/12 04:58 AM

I would probably not catch a lot of poachers if I was a game warden because my preference would be to wear hunter orange and a lot of it. You hear about people getting shot every year and most of the time it is by people that knew they were in the area.

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/16/12 12:28 PM

Originally Posted By: mike35549
I would probably not catch a lot of poachers if I was a game warden because my preference would be to wear hunter orange and a lot of it. You hear about people getting shot every year and most of the time it is by people that knew they were in the area.

Mike, I certainly understand. I hate walking around in the deer woods without HO and our LEO's should be respected for taking such risks. They know the risk but catching a poacher when you're wearing HO is very tough. IMO.
Posted By: rackdisaster

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/16/12 01:45 PM

Gentlemen, we are all making the assumption that everyone in the woods are ethical, well taught, well intentioned, law abiding sportsmen who share our views and values. The sad fact is they are not. Just be aware of that and take precautions. It's dangerous out there!
Posted By: SFC3

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/16/12 03:22 PM

In MS every GW Ive encountered in the woods had on some sort of orange...
And for the record, we have to wear 500 inches of UNBROKEN (not camo) orange...As long as your still deer wont notice...Besides the fact it may save your life, whats the reasoning to not wear some sort of orange...see people take their kids and the kids look like orange snowmen...for safety...Don't you think somebody fears for your safety?
Don't put up studies that use vague data...Ive seen things slipping thru the woods, and used my scope to figure out what it was, just like everybody else...BUT Ive been hunting more than a few times so I don't even touch the safety....but we all know folks who do....You have the luxury of wearing only an orange cap, which can be removed when you are so high? in a tree...In the evenings I ALWAYS use a light and usually whistle as I walk out...Whistle Garry Own...so there isn't an excuse to think there's a deer with a blinking red light that's part of the US Cavalry...

As far as motorcycle helmets, they save lives, and the biggest reason States require them is because not everyone has insurance and treating vegetables with head trauma because they want to look cool isn't cheap...I don't want to pay for illegitimate love babies or because someones melon bounced of a highway neither...
Posted By: gobbler

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/16/12 04:38 PM

If that is the case then why does the law require "hunters" to wear HO. Why do the "masses" need to wear it but not the GW's?
Posted By: truedouble

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/16/12 04:43 PM

I'm surprised your buddy didn't get a ticket for not wearing orange.

How else is a GW supposed to make his presence known?

FYI, you are required to have a hunting license regardless of where you are hunting...

just some thoughts...

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/16/12 05:22 PM

hunter orange not required if you are in an enclosed blind on thew ground and someone dropped you of within 20" of the blind..

a license is not required of direct family hunting on family owned land...

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/16/12 05:24 PM

Originally Posted By: gobbler

If that is the case then why does the law require "hunters" to wear HO. Why do the "masses" need to wear it but not the GW's?

why did I know you'd be on the make-the-GWs-wear-orange side???

They don't because the law dosen't require them to while on duty....
Posted By: doecommander

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/16/12 05:41 PM

You are only required to wear orange if you are "Hunting". Wardens are not "Hunting". Hikers do not have to wear orange during hunting season.
Posted By: Narrow Gap

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/16/12 07:58 PM

Woudln't you think if you like living and you know there are people hunting with rifles you would want to wear hunters orange. No matter if you are another hunter, game warden, or just walking in the woods. I use a flash light too for my safety in the dark.

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/16/12 09:23 PM

Originally Posted By: BhamFred

why did I know you'd be on the make-the-GWs-wear-orange side???

They don't because the law dosen't require them to while on duty....

Well, I'm actually on the side of there shouldn't be a regulation to make me wear it either. I would strongly encourage it but don't think we need a law to MAKE me wear it.... Same as seat belt laws, etc. If these laws worked, then outlawing stupidity should also work.

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/16/12 09:43 PM

hunter orange not required if you are in an enclosed blind on thew ground and someone dropped you of within 20" of the blind..

didn't know that, regarding the 1st point.

so you aren't required to purchase a hunting license if you are a landowner and are hunting on your land, OR you just aren't required to have the license with you?
Posted By: cdcrosshunt

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/16/12 10:01 PM

Originally Posted By: doecommander
You are only required to wear orange if you are "Hunting". Wardens are not "Hunting". Hikers do not have to wear orange during hunting season.

Exactly.
Posted By: Hogwild

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/16/12 10:02 PM

Just pay the dang fine and quit whining.
It will help you remember to follow the Law next time!!!
Posted By: jmj120

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/16/12 10:15 PM

It is kinda crazy I can walk my 400 acre lease in a suit and tie if I want, but if I do it carrying a .308 or whatever, I have to have on orange. Just like feeding corn. It's ok to feed or have a feeder. Just don't get close to it with a gun

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/16/12 10:22 PM

thumbup
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/16/12 11:15 PM

Originally Posted By: truedouble

didn't know that, regarding the 1st point.

so you aren't required to purchase a hunting license if you are a landowner and are hunting on your land, OR you just aren't required to have the license with you?

Owner or family don't have to buy one if hunting ONLY on family property. I think there's wording about, farm manager, overseeers of the property as well. Where's ol' 49er hidin'? Guess he has everyone on his do not call list and can't respond to anything any more.

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/16/12 11:31 PM

never knew that... I have a lifetime license so mute point for me, but nice to know.

So I guess I should retract what I said earlier...LOL
Posted By: PaintRock0

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/16/12 11:51 PM

Read the rules hunters orange is required when deer hunting. The game warden was not deer hunting. A person can squirrel hunt or hunt any other animal during deer season without hunter orange on.

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/17/12 12:07 AM

It would have also been hard to write down any buck he killed on his license since he didn't have them with him......
Posted By: PRB

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/17/12 12:16 AM

Originally Posted By: PaintRock0
A person can squirrel hunt or hunt any other animal during deer season without hunter orange on.

You might want to check that again. Yes a person can but if he's caught by a GW, he's going to get a ticket just the same. If I'm not mistaken, hunter orange is required for deer, squirrels, rabbit, quail, and any other animal during and in areas of gun deer season. The only exception, I believe, is waterfowl. I've known several quail and rabbit hunters who have been ticketed for not wearing orange.

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/17/12 12:31 AM

Your right i contacted a gw a friend of mine they are legal, they are not hunting they are working,they are taking a risk to go in the woods without hunter orange on.

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/17/12 12:44 AM

Originally Posted By: PaintRock0
Read the rules hunters orange is required when deer hunting. The game warden was not deer hunting. A person can squirrel hunt or hunt any other animal during deer season without hunter orange on.

You are wrong. You must wear orange on all land that it open to gun deer season. The only exclusion is WMA's on bowhunting only days, State lands that only allow bowhunting, and land within city limits.

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/17/12 01:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Hogwild
It would have also been hard to write down any buck he killed on his license since he didn't have them with him......

I have a lifetime license and there is no provision for the "so called tag" required by the State.
Worthless legislation with no teeth, but that's for another day.

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/17/12 01:27 AM

Not on private land been cutting wood hiking planting trees fencing and marking lines all with deer hunters on the land tract next to us we are legal and yes we are in the woods. Oh well we are wearing orange hats for our own safety
Posted By: yotetrapper

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/17/12 02:28 AM

Originally Posted By: jmj120

I have a lifetime license and there is no provision for the "so called tag" required by the State.

You MUST have a harvest record in your possession when hunting deer or turkey. Lifetime license or license exempt you still need the harvest record.

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/17/12 03:06 AM

Originally Posted By: gobbler

B/c deer have mostly rods and humans have mostly cones and HO doesn't alarm deer.

You missed my point: When I say I don't know a soul that would shoot at movement in the woods doesn't mean that I think there aren't any hunters out there that do. Unfortunately, a few hunters do shoot at movement. I just don't "personally" know any hunters that are "that" irresponsible! I don't know any meth users, bank robbers or member of the taliban either but I know they exists.

I am not a big government type person but I support seatbelt laws and HO requirements and oh, helmet laws for motorcycle riders as I should not have to pay for their healthcare if thrown from a vehicle or suffer a head injury.

Regarding the poor hunter that gets accidently shot by a POS irresponsible person with a gun, the shooter should be punished to the extreme!

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/17/12 01:27 PM

Originally Posted By: yotetrapper

You MUST have a harvest record in your possession when hunting deer or turkey. Lifetime license or license exempt you still need the harvest record.

Did not know that. I printed one and stuck it in my backpack. More paperwork. I don't really have a problem jumping thru this little hoop, but now this paper is going to end up wet, torn or lost. I just wish if they were going to implement a system, they would do a tagging system with some teeth that is worthwhile. This is just useless BS
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/17/12 05:15 PM

So what if you a bow hunting only club and or private land. Do you have to wear HO during rifle season even though no rifle hunting is allowed on that particular piece of property. I always wear my orange cause there are a lot of outlaws out there, but that was jsut a thought that come into my mind during this discussion

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/17/12 05:20 PM

Originally Posted By: jlbuc10
So what if you a bow hunting only club and or private land. Do you have to wear HO during rifle season even though no rifle hunting is allowed on that particular piece of property. I always wear my orange cause there are a lot of outlaws out there, but that was jsut a thought that come into my mind during this discussion

Yes you have to wear orange on bowhunting only clubs during gun deer season. The exclusion only applies to lands that are state controlled and closed to gun deer hunting on that particular day.

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/18/12 04:02 PM

Anything but duck and turkey, I wear HO. Bow hunting or not, I wear HO. Even when gun season goes out, I'll be wearing HO while in the woods. We have hogs so I plan to hunt them during Feb and yes, I'll be wearing HO.

My property is on a large river and poachers are a problem so if I had to check a box... A. ___ Poachers are more likely to shoot at movement. or B. ___ Law-abiding hunters are more likely to shoot at movement. I'd check A!!!!

I'd like to check: C. ___ Repeat poachers should be shot and dumped in river.

I'm just kidding!!!! Just let'em lay where they land and let the hogs eat them!
Posted By: longbow76

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/18/12 06:27 PM

I wonder why you don't have to wear orange if you walk through the woods without a gun. Aren't you at just as much risk as if you were hunting?
Also, can I carry a rifle just for my protection when I am not hunting in the woods and go without HO or a license?

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/18/12 06:59 PM

Originally Posted By: longbow76
I wonder why you don't have to wear orange if you walk through the woods without a gun. Aren't you at just as much risk as if you were hunting?
Also, can I carry a rifle just for my protection when I am not hunting in the woods and go without HO or a license?

I say try it with the GW and let us know how it goes for you....
Posted By: March15

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/18/12 08:48 PM

I have thought about that as well. It all boils down to the definition of hunting. How can someone prove you are hunting if you haven't killed an animal? Is it legal to walk on your own property in the middle of June, with a rifle in your hand? Or is that considered hunting out of season? As of right now we still live in the USA. You should be able to carry a weapon on your property whenever you want to.

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/19/12 12:19 AM

Originally Posted By: possum51

I have thought about that as well. It all boils down to the definition of hunting. How can someone prove you are hunting if you haven't killed an animal? Is it legal to walk on your own property in the middle of June, with a rifle in your hand? Or is that considered hunting out of season? As of right now we still live in the USA. You should be able to carry a weapon on your property whenever you want to.

Interesting debate. Here's another. On our lease a guy runs cattle. He is out there constantly tending to the cows, feeding, ect. Usually he has a mini 14 or some type of rifle for coyotes or stray dogs. He never wears orange. Is he in danger of a ticket? Sometimes we are hunting or sitting on food plots where we can see him. Granted everyone knows where not to shoot, but this goes along with some of what's being said here. I've even seen him walking in the woods with his gun looking for strays.....

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/19/12 01:47 AM

I say try it with the GW and let us know how it goes for you....

I don't think it would hold up in court.

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/19/12 01:51 AM

you don't THINK it would???

Depends on the Judge, county where it took place. Might lose in District Court but win in Circuit after appealing it up...

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/19/12 02:11 AM

you don't THINK it would???

Depends on the Judge, county where it took place. Might lose in District Court but win in Circuit after appealing it up...

I guess the question would be: What constitutes hunting? Someone walking with a .22 squirrel hunting? Someone walking with a .223 shooting coyotes? Someone walking with a .308 shooting stumps or whatever?
As I posted earlier, the cattle farmer who checks his cows and carries a .223??? He wears no orange, is he in danger of a ticket?

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/19/12 02:22 AM

he could be, depends on what the GW saw him do...and how smart/experienced the GW is...

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/19/12 02:24 AM

he could be, depends on what the GW saw him do...and how smart/experienced the GW is...

Splitting hairs I know.... I guess it comes to the judgement of the GW.
This farmer isn't really hunting, but I bet if a state record walked close enough he might be tempted.....
I think the bottom line is just use common sense. You can pick apart any law or regulation you want to..

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/19/12 02:25 AM

pretty much...

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/19/12 02:31 AM

On another note, he feeds these cows mixed sweet feed full of corn and I don't know what else. Anyway there's always corn around where he dumps in the pasture. We hunt probably 400 yards from one of his feeding areas. Never seen deer out there eating, but would we be in danger of a ticket?
Nobody sits and stares at the cow feeding trough, but as I said we are pretty close.
Posted By: March15

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/19/12 02:40 AM

You can pick apart any law or regulation you want to..

This is true, however it ought to be cut and dry. Either you're hunting or you're not.

Re: So why don't THEY need to wear orange? - 12/19/12 03:25 AM

Why is it human nature to look for the loophole instead of just following a Law that is not inconsiderate or intrusive and is designed for your own personal safety????

Pay the dang fine a quit whining!!!!!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM