Aldeer.com

carbon credits

Posted By: blazer625

carbon credits - 03/15/24 12:59 PM

Do any of you have info on these programs? whats the fine print? who to talk to/ sign up with for this program? Any info is appreciated
Posted By: Turkey

Re: carbon credits - 03/15/24 01:04 PM

I started the process to sign up with, I believe, NCX. While in process, the program changed and the time frame I could not harvest trees went out to longer than I was willing to wait. It seems like it may be 30-40 years.
Posted By: hosscat

Re: carbon credits - 03/15/24 05:45 PM

NCX used to be a yearly contract, it was not a lot of money but still something. Like mentioned above I believe last year they are asking for long term contracts now (the annual contracts are no longer listed). I'm not signing a contract saying I'm not gonna cut timber for 30 years.

I am not sure of any others out there but would be open to a short term contract.
Posted By: Turkey

Re: carbon credits - 03/15/24 09:13 PM

The only other one I know of wanted a no-cutting agreement of over 30 years. When I started the application process, it was an annual agreement that would have paid me about $4000. Before I go in, they changed to the 30 year requirement. I’m not doing that.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: carbon credits - 03/16/24 11:56 AM

We have done it for 5 years. They pay biannualy if I recall correctly. We don't cut the trees they pay for they come confirm we did not cut them once a year and mail us a check. Pretty easy way to make a little $
Posted By: HHSyelper

Re: carbon credits - 03/18/24 04:07 PM

I'm just curious, approximately how much per acre? Can you burn the areas they pay for?

Re: carbon credits - 03/18/24 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by HHSyelper
I'm just curious, approximately how much per acre? Can you burn the areas they pay for?

Don't remember the $ and yes you can burn
Posted By: chevydude2015

Re: carbon credits - 03/18/24 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Ben2

Who are y’all doing it with if you don’t mind me asking? Feel free to PM

Re: carbon credits - 03/19/24 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by chevydude2015

Who are y’all doing it with if you don’t mind me asking? Feel free to PM

Don't remember that either. Was a thread on here about it several times and I posted all the info in that thread.

I looked it up and this is what I posted in 2021
Alex Macintosh
Landowner Platform Manager
SilviaTerra | www.silviaterra.com
413-889-4123

Alex@silviaterra.com
Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

Re: carbon credits - 03/20/24 12:56 PM

We have done it for 5 years. They pay biannualy if I recall correctly. We don't cut the trees they pay for they come confirm we did not cut them once a year and mail us a check. Pretty easy way to make a little $

I did it last year and got a check, and thanks again for sharing that info with us! But NCX told me that they were ending the program. Are you still in it?
© 2024 ALDEER.COM