Aldeer.com

Barbour County wma

Posted By: rkt

Barbour County wma - 01/28/24 02:35 PM

My nephew and I are going to barbour County wma this week Feb. 1-3.
I've never been. Any advice would be appreciated!
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Barbour County wma - 01/28/24 05:44 PM

Be prepared to see a lot of people and use that to your advantage. If you are going to get discouraged because you get walked in on then don’t go. It’s pretty much impossible to go “deep” as there are roads everywhere. A good 4x4 is a must.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Barbour County wma - 01/28/24 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Southwood7

Be prepared to see a lot of people and use that to your advantage. If you are going to get discouraged because you get walked in on then don’t go. It’s pretty much impossible to go “deep” as there are roads everywhere. A good 4x4 is a must.

I've only been down there once, and that was around 1990. Back then a good 4x4 was a must, and a jet ski would have been even better. I rode up on a K5 Blazer sunk in a hole with mud up to the middle of the doors. He asked me to help pull him out. I had a 4 cylinder Toyota 4x4. I declined to help him, because I didn't want to tear up my truck, and would have, but did find him some help.
Posted By: sj22

Re: Barbour County wma - 01/28/24 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Southwood7

Yep, haven’t been in about 10 years but killed a decent buck right after daylight the first morning that I’m pretty sure someone spooked and I was in the right place. Roads were a mess too
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Barbour County wma - 01/28/24 07:48 PM

One positive is that they do allow ATVs and side by sides.
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: Barbour County wma - 01/28/24 08:02 PM

Bow season on that place ustah be great..an we kilt a buncha turkeys in it..aint been in a long time but my daddy an grandaddy had a camp down there in the 70’s an 80’s an they exclusively hunted it and killed a buncha critters. Daddy slayed turkeys on that place in the 80’s..i wojldnt even consider rifle hunting..but then again..wmas an rifles aint my thing anyway..good luck..its a great place if you aint lazy and can shed the boomstick
Posted By: Sasquatch Lives

Re: Barbour County wma - 01/28/24 08:10 PM

Last time I went was 25 years ago and the roads sucked but me and my bud both shot a deer. Had three different folks walk by me. Probably a lot different now.
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: Barbour County wma - 01/28/24 08:41 PM

I stripped my transfer case out last year off Louise rd. Should have seen me coming out of there in 2wd...
Posted By: Okatuppa

Re: Barbour County wma - 01/28/24 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by !shiloh!
I stripped my transfer case out last year off Louise rd. Should have seen me coming out of there in 2wd...

Did you go “ass first”?
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Barbour County wma - 01/28/24 09:35 PM

rofl
Posted By: CNC

Re: Barbour County wma - 01/28/24 11:41 PM

Been a bit of slow year.......killed a couple 130-140's on the last hunt
Posted By: BC_Reb

Re: Barbour County wma - 01/30/24 07:02 AM

They were on their feet this afternoon fellas. I’m hunting private land right off the wma. It’s time to be in the woods until the end of season
Posted By: BC_Reb

Re: Barbour County wma - 02/02/24 04:59 AM

[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/CzqQ6CNOE5w?si=HFK-Ou43uANKUjLE[/video]

Re: Barbour County wma - 02/02/24 10:08 AM

Those are still funny today!
Posted By: treemydog

Re: Barbour County wma - 02/02/24 11:06 PM

I talked to the Barbour mgr this afternoon. Said they had a low turnout so far on this weekend's last buck hunt. Bucks are chasing.
Posted By: ridgestalker

Re: Barbour County wma - 02/02/24 11:16 PM

Having one right now I think.
Posted By: tripleHarmony

Re: Barbour County wma - 02/03/24 03:01 AM

That K5 Blazer was me, my brother and Dad. My Dad always got us stuck there. The 4x4 didn’t work. I read it to him today. We laughed and. He doesn’t get to hunt anymore due to age and Parkinson’s. My brother died several years ago with Cancer. We have had great times at Barbour. Furflyin Thanks for getting us some help. We missed some daylight starts to some hunts being stuck. I remember one time just grabbing my rifle and leaving them with the truck.
Posted By: CWB

Re: Barbour County wma - 02/04/24 10:28 PM

So curious to hear how you all did ?

Re: Barbour County wma - 02/05/24 11:22 AM

Trip got canceled. Nephew and kids had flu
© 2024 ALDEER.COM