Aldeer.com

Nebraska, Oklahoma, or Kansas for 24 hunt

Posted By: todd w

Nebraska, Oklahoma, or Kansas for 24 hunt - 01/08/24 09:06 PM

Knowing what you know about tags draws, etc which state would you go to if you had the chance? Likely going to walk in area or public land
Posted By: AlabamaSwamper

Re: Nebraska, Oklahoma, or Kansas for 24 hunt - 01/08/24 10:15 PM

Kansas
Posted By: Droptine-13

Re: Nebraska, Oklahoma, or Kansas for 24 hunt - 01/08/24 11:19 PM

Since Nebraska and Oklahoma tags are over the counter I'd stick with those. Idk much about Nebraska parks. I have a good friend in Oklahoma and he hunts ft supply alot, he sees and kills a lot of deer. Oklahoma also has a thing called olap I think I spelt it right. It's a program the state has to lease farm land and open it up to the public to bow hunt
Posted By: HoofNSpur

Re: Nebraska, Oklahoma, or Kansas for 24 hunt - 01/08/24 11:45 PM

My wife and I are looking as well. I would put Kentucky in the mix if I was you. Over the counter tags and and shooting really good deer.
Posted By: Big Game Hunter

Re: Nebraska, Oklahoma, or Kansas for 24 hunt - 01/09/24 07:42 PM

Kansas
Posted By: cgardner

Re: Nebraska, Oklahoma, or Kansas for 24 hunt - 01/09/24 10:23 PM

Kansas, but go with an outfitter. Public land out there is getting as bad as it here!!

BTW, being told you will have about a 40% change to draw a tag with zero points.
Posted By: Turkey

Re: Nebraska, Oklahoma, or Kansas for 24 hunt - 01/09/24 10:28 PM

BTW, being told you will have about a 40% change to draw a tag with zero points.

This was my first thought. I don't think you can assume you can hunt Kansas in 2024. You've got to enter the draw.
Posted By: AlabamaSwamper

Re: Nebraska, Oklahoma, or Kansas for 24 hunt - 01/10/24 02:12 AM

I hunt private in Nebraska

I wouldn’t spend 1 hour on the public land. Not much of it for one thing and what’s there gets beat to death.
Posted By: Shotts

Re: Nebraska, Oklahoma, or Kansas for 24 hunt - 01/10/24 05:47 PM

We have been archery hunting Nebraska public for 15 years 2023 was rough, it was hot numbers were down and pressure was up. I will continue to hunt public there. E Ye we have a good setup but if I was having to start over how I would not.
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: Nebraska, Oklahoma, or Kansas for 24 hunt - 01/10/24 10:10 PM

Hunted KS public this year for the first time in several years. It was way more pressured than previous years. Don’t know that I’ll do it again. That’s for turkeys and deer both.
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Nebraska, Oklahoma, or Kansas for 24 hunt - 01/10/24 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mbrock
Hunted KS public this year for the first time in several years. It was way more pressured than previous years. Don’t know that I’ll do it again. That’s for turkeys and deer both.

I hunted SE Kansas this year for the first time. Always hunted north central Kansas in the past. Deer quality was way down due to a 2 year drought according to our outfitter. Best deer was about a 130" 9 pt in our group. Outfitter told us he only had 1 deer on camera over 150 on over 10000 acres.
Posted By: DeerNutz0U812_

Re: Nebraska, Oklahoma, or Kansas for 24 hunt - 01/10/24 11:19 PM

I'd go to Illinois if I was you....Pay the Man.... laugh
Posted By: dsayer

Re: Nebraska, Oklahoma, or Kansas for 24 hunt - 01/11/24 01:50 AM

I spent the first 18 years of my life in Nebraska. The public does get hit hard during the rifle season but archery isn't bad. I archery hunted back home in 23, and the bigger issue was the EHD outbreak. Really knocked down the deer herd in the area I hunted near my Dad's place.
Posted By: Shotts

Re: Nebraska, Oklahoma, or Kansas for 24 hunt - 01/11/24 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by dsayer
I spent the first 18 years of my life in Nebraska. The public does get hit hard during the rifle season but archery isn't bad. I archery hunted back home in 23, and the bigger issue was the EHD outbreak. Really knocked down the deer herd in the area I hunted near my Dad's place.

Harvest were down 20% where we hunted in Nebraska based on reporting which is pretty good there.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM