Aldeer.com

Jackson county Rut

Posted By: Gatorfn

Jackson county Rut - 12/20/23 01:05 PM

Got some video this morning from the river with a good buck chasing a.doe.hard. It's time
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Jackson county Rut - 12/20/23 02:05 PM

Just chasing. I saw a nice 8 pt trailing 2 does yesterday . When they got out of sight I rattled him right to me to get a better look . If those doe were hot , no way he'd left them. Not prime time yet, breeding will begin in about a week Big ones are stirring around and it is a good time to catch one easing around.
Posted By: jbatey1

Re: Jackson county Rut - 12/20/23 02:07 PM

Well, part of the county.

Saw some light activity on the north end of Sand Mountain yesterday when I was driving through the area. Small bucks pestering does in fields. We are still 2 weeks or so from anything real good at my farm in Skyline. But, nonetheless, I’m ready for it.
Posted By: mcninja

Re: Jackson county Rut - 12/20/23 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by jbatey1
Well, part of the county…I’m ready for it.
Posted By: johnv

Re: Jackson county Rut - 12/20/23 03:23 PM

Just got a tracking call. Big buck gut shot fighting with a guy's bow target in the back yard rofl
Posted By: Fullthrottle

Re: Jackson county Rut - 12/20/23 03:58 PM

Jackson county rut is now till the end of February depending what part of the county you are in
Posted By: HappyHunter

Re: Jackson county Rut - 12/21/23 12:07 AM

I’m on the south end of Paint Rock Valley. Ours seem to get hot around Jan 9 every year.
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Jackson county Rut - 12/21/23 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by HappyHunter
I’m on the south end of Paint Rock Valley. Ours seem to get hot around Jan 9 every year.

Yep. Lower end of the Valley west towards county line and Gurley is mid Jan. Those deer were restocked on the Jones Farm and came from a different place than those released at Skyline.

The OP said he saw chasing "on the River". I assumed he meant Tenn River . Central Jackson county , Skyline and upper PRV breeding is last few days of Dec , first few days of Jan.
Posted By: JPink

Re: Jackson county Rut - 12/21/23 12:37 PM

Chasing is full bore in the North East portion of Madison County where I hunt. Activity has been nonstop on the cameras and from stand.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM