Aldeer.com

Buck at Lake Guntersville State Park

Posted By: NWALJM

Buck at Lake Guntersville State Park - 12/17/23 01:53 AM

I just thought this was such a beautiful specimen of an Alabama Whitetail Deer that I had to share. Maybe some of y’all have seen him before? There were a group of twenty or so out this afternoon at the campground and had to snap a picture of this handsome dude.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 3bailey3

Re: Buck at Lake Guntersville State Park - 12/17/23 01:54 AM

Very Nice Buck!
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Buck at Lake Guntersville State Park - 12/17/23 02:09 AM

Better hope that dude from Virginia doesn’t see this post.
Posted By: fladeerhntr

Re: Buck at Lake Guntersville State Park - 12/17/23 02:30 AM

Nice
Posted By: YellaLineHunter

Re: Buck at Lake Guntersville State Park - 12/17/23 04:13 AM

Timber is in route. His mom will tote it out
Posted By: Bulls eye

Re: Buck at Lake Guntersville State Park - 12/17/23 04:23 AM

Absolutely beautiful animal.
Posted By: UncleHuck

Re: Buck at Lake Guntersville State Park - 12/17/23 05:27 AM

Am I the only one who thinks that looks like a young buck with exceptional genetics?

The still-somewhat slim neck, straight back and belly, and longish legs looks like 4-1/2 years old to me.
Posted By: metalmuncher

Re: Buck at Lake Guntersville State Park - 12/17/23 08:00 AM

He and me are buddies that go back to last year. I believe it's the same deer anyway. I've seen him several times and took pics of him in the boat ramp parking area last year. He hangs out a good bit over between the boat ramps and the cabins on the water. I'll have to hunt up the pics and post them.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Buck at Lake Guntersville State Park - 12/17/23 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Shaw

No need to bus that guy down. We got 2 around here that have thermals, illegal homemade suppressors and a boat. One got busted but skipped bail and went to FL. Word is that he's back now.

Re: Buck at Lake Guntersville State Park - 12/17/23 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by metalmuncher

He and me are buddies that go back to last year. I believe it's the same deer anyway. I've seen him several times and took pics of him in the boat ramp parking area last year. He hangs out a good bit over between the boat ramps and the cabins on the water. I'll have to hunt up the pics and post them.

I'm pretty sure that I fed him a biscuit, from my truck window last year.

Re: Buck at Lake Guntersville State Park - 12/17/23 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by UncleHuck

Am I the only one who thinks that looks like a young buck with exceptional genetics?

The still-somewhat slim neck, straight back and belly, and longish legs looks like 4-1/2 years old to me.

If it's the deer I think it is, he's just 3.
Posted By: NWALJM

Re: Buck at Lake Guntersville State Park - 12/17/23 01:23 PM

I knew by the way he walked up to our car when I rolled the window down he’d been fed a biscuit or two lol.

Re: Buck at Lake Guntersville State Park - 12/17/23 02:09 PM

The heavy white markings around his eyes makes me pretty certain that this is the same deer.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And apparently feeding them smoked sausage biscuits from Jacks, causes them to gain 30” of antler from 2 to 3 years old.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: metalmuncher

Re: Buck at Lake Guntersville State Park - 12/18/23 02:06 AM

Looks like he gets around a good bit. Fur that is. I guess the buck does too. laugh
Posted By: BigEd

Re: Buck at Lake Guntersville State Park - 12/18/23 02:21 AM

Eating smoked sausage biscuits from Jacks can make me gain 30" too, just not antler.
Posted By: leroycnbucks

Re: Buck at Lake Guntersville State Park - 12/18/23 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin
Originally Posted by Shaw

No need to bus that guy down. We got 2 around here that have thermals, illegal homemade suppressors and a boat. One got busted but skipped bail and went to FL. Word is that he's back now.

And he better stay away from GSP.
Posted By: slippinlipjr

Re: Buck at Lake Guntersville State Park - 12/18/23 06:00 PM

Yeah he 3.5
Posted By: jmudler

Re: Buck at Lake Guntersville State Park - 12/18/23 06:05 PM

Since the zoo on hobbs island closed, Claims Rep hunts there now.
Posted By: jb20

Re: Buck at Lake Guntersville State Park - 12/18/23 06:15 PM

Pretty neat, I believe that is the same deer a year apart
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: Buck at Lake Guntersville State Park - 12/19/23 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by slippinlipjr
Yeah he 3.5

Hes gona be something crazy by 5.5 or 6.5, huh?
Posted By: jb20

Re: Buck at Lake Guntersville State Park - 12/19/23 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by jwalker77
Originally Posted by slippinlipjr
Yeah he 3.5

Hes gona be something crazy by 5.5 or 6.5, huh?

Absolutely
Posted By: doc bar

Re: Buck at Lake Guntersville State Park - 12/19/23 02:44 PM

I know a man that killed an absolute stud up there when the deer were first stocked in the park, think he said was in the 60’s. It took them 6 hours to carry the deer out on a pole. Funny thing is the deer has a goatee, I always wondered if the deer was one they hauled in. It’s hair is long as my hand. They tied it on an old car and drove it through Guntersville, he said when they pulled up to the barn half of Gville had followed them home too look at it. I think he told me it was first year Marshall county had a season. The deer is either a 11 or 13 point however you want to look at it, and has horns nearly big as a coke can. He got it mounted back then said it took him nearly half a summer to pay for mount.
Posted By: klay

Re: Buck at Lake Guntersville State Park - 12/19/23 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin
The heavy white markings around his eyes makes me pretty certain that this is the same deer.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And apparently feeding them smoked sausage biscuits from Jacks, causes them to gain 30” of antler from 2 to 3 years old.

[Linked Image]

You better be careful with that. I know a lot of people feed them, but they will bust you in a second if your caught. I think it's a pretty big fine. The park superintendent is a big hunter and he looks at this site from time to time.
Posted By: EmeraldTides

Re: Buck at Lake Guntersville State Park - 12/19/23 07:19 PM

There's some dang good bucks in that park
© 2024 ALDEER.COM