Aldeer.com

Electric Bike

Posted By: tarmac3030

Electric Bike - 12/12/23 09:27 PM

For those of you that have started using electric bikes, has it been worth the investment? As far as still being able to use in muddy areas? Being more quiet going and coming from the stand? I currently have a UTV, but I’m thinking about investing in an electric bike. Maybe sooner, rather than later.
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Electric Bike - 12/12/23 09:43 PM

Yes except I don’t have mud I have to deal with. They ain’t gonna work on slippery muddy roads cause you can bust your arse quick just on a stick on a grass pathway
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Electric Bike - 12/12/23 09:45 PM

I like mine they are great for moving around quiet, but if you have a good bit of mud it’s gonna be tough.

Mine will go to about 50miles before a charge and will climb hills like a champ.

If you have a good road system they are great. 3 fellas in my camp bought them one after fooling around with mine.

Buy from a reputable company incase you have any problems, that way you have support to help you get it back going.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: Electric Bike - 12/12/23 10:04 PM

I use mine for turkey hunting but not deer hunting. I live on a dirt road where I hunt so I use it more in the summer just riding around and you can ride up on deer and turkey within a few yards. I never ride it in mud. My range is over 20 miles so if you have enough land it's worth it.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: tarmac3030

Re: Electric Bike - 12/12/23 10:07 PM

One of the properties we hunt is a big ag field that can get sloppy in the winter time, so it sounds like a no go for that.
Posted By: Okatuppa

Re: Electric Bike - 12/12/23 10:08 PM

What brand is that bike, Squadron?
Posted By: BC

Re: Electric Bike - 12/12/23 10:13 PM

They are absolutely worth every penny. I slipped into a stand last season at daylight, rode right up to the base of the stand and laid the bike over and climbed up in the tripod. Within 10 minutes I had a 130 inch 9 point dead..... he was in the pines to my right and never had a clue I was in the world.

Build your own..... it's super easy and will cost you a fraction of what buying a China bike from Quiet Kat or Rambo would. Here's a thread with some good info in it including some videos.

MASH HERE

Re: Electric Bike - 12/12/23 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Okatuppa

Looks like a rad rover

Re: Electric Bike - 12/12/23 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Bustinbeards

Looks like a rad rover

Yes, mine is a rad rover with the updated controller for extra speed and torque.
Posted By: Peach

Re: Electric Bike - 12/13/23 01:15 AM

Love mine for turkey hunting.

Re: Electric Bike - 12/13/23 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by Squadron77

Looks like a rad rover

Yes, mine is a rad rover with the updated controller for extra speed and torque.

Has yours been reliable?
I was set on buying that model, but someone said to avoid that drive type.
I need one to ride to the stands on my property, which has an excellent road system with modest hills.
The farthest trip would be about 3 miles round trip.

Re: Electric Bike - 12/13/23 03:24 AM

I like mine they are great for moving around quiet, but if you have a good bit of mud it’s gonna be tough.

Mine will go to about 50miles before a charge and will climb hills like a champ.

If you have a good road system they are great. 3 fellas in my camp bought them one after fooling around with mine.

Buy from a reputable company incase you have any problems, that way you have support to help you get it back going.
[Linked Image]

What brand is yours?
Is it hub drive or mid drive?

Re: Electric Bike - 12/13/23 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Squadron77

Looks like a rad rover

Has yours been reliable?
I was set on buying that model, but someone said to avoid that drive type.
I need one to ride to the stands on my property, which has an excellent road system with modest hills.
The farthest trip would be about 3 miles round trip.

I've had mine for 3 years with no problems. I have about $2K in mine with the upgraded controller. Without the controller it did have a hard time pulling up steep hills and my speed was around 15MPH. With the upgrade my top speed is 26MPH and the steepest hill will only slow it down to 21-22MPH. I bought the RadRover just to see if I would use it and to see how it would perform with the thought to upgrade to the Rambo or Quietkat. I have no doubt that you get what you pay for and bikes built for hunting will out perform mine. The RadRover is a good entry level bike.
Posted By: ronfromramer

Re: Electric Bike - 12/13/23 05:11 PM

I've been looking at trikes. Gotta be better for stability. Also want rear wheel drive so I'd have 2 wheel traction on rear wheels. I've seen them with a sort of limited slip so you can still turn easily

Re: Electric Bike - 12/13/23 06:51 PM

[Linked Image]

What brand is yours?
Is it hub drive or mid drive?

Mine is a velotric, they are out of California, paid 1200$ delivered.

it is a 48volt nominal 750w hub that spikes to 1300watts when power is needed.

It has crazy torque once you go into pedal assist level 3-5, It can run 25mph if unlocked, I haven’t seen the need to unlock it it still does 20mph locked.
Posted By: Coosa buck

Re: Electric Bike - 12/14/23 07:19 PM

I have a quiet kat warrior and for hunting it’s a game changer. Money well spent I can hook my trailer to it a tow my stand or corn or deer
Posted By: Ant67

Re: Electric Bike - 12/15/23 10:35 PM

I hand the Rambo Rebel. I love it for how I hunt. In Illinois we have to cross pastures and hay fields to get to the Timber. We all have bikes. The land owner loves that we don’t leave ruts.
Posted By: Pwyse

Re: Electric Bike - 12/16/23 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by Coosa buck
I have a quiet kat warrior and for hunting it’s a game changer. Money well spent I can hook my trailer to it a tow my stand or corn or deer

So it’s powerful enough to pull a deer out on a little trailer?

I would love to see pics of this setup
Posted By: hunterturf

Re: Electric Bike - 12/16/23 11:06 PM

[Linked Image]

hardcore dual hub motor. have hauled 250lbs multiple times with it. it’s a beast
Posted By: blade

Re: Electric Bike - 12/17/23 12:33 AM

[Linked Image]

Posted this before. I think this was the first one i pulled out with my bike.
Posted By: Pwyse

Re: Electric Bike - 12/17/23 02:46 AM

That’s awesome
© 2024 ALDEER.COM