Aldeer.com

baiting permit

Posted By: Frankie

baiting permit - 11/29/23 02:06 AM

i wonder how long itll take to itll be $25

i just renewed my truck tag ,
fishing license, baiting permit , HIP, the hard card for it all ( got the one with the gobbler on it ).
life time CC permit ,

damn just damn .
Posted By: 300gr

Re: baiting permit - 11/29/23 03:04 AM

Wish they had never passed it. Got neighbors with deep pockets feeding a ton per week. None of the adjacent landowners are seeing deer
Posted By: Calvin

Re: baiting permit - 11/29/23 03:18 AM

I haven't got a deer on camera in 2 months.
Killing my hunting
Posted By: HillHunter

Re: baiting permit - 12/01/23 11:47 AM

It’s funny. One of the arguments was baiting will allow the po people without tractors and equipment to compete with adjacent landowners’ succulent food plots. I guess peeps thought such landowners would refrain from baiting. It’s kinda like minimum wage. They thought making more without working hard to advance would help but when the price of everything goes up as result it’s all a bust. Glad I’m not in a situation where adjacent landowners create a deer island/hub of sorts and leave me deerless. That’d suck but nothing can be done.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: baiting permit - 12/01/23 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by 300gr
Wish they had never passed it. Got neighbors with deep pockets feeding a ton per week. None of the adjacent landowners are seeing deer

They were feeding before it passed too I suspect
Posted By: Paint Rock 00

Re: baiting permit - 12/01/23 12:19 PM

It’s needs to be $500-1000 make a man really want it bad. But But farmers selling corn cash money it’s nice. yes deep pockets will continue to feed.
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: baiting permit - 12/01/23 12:34 PM

Ask everyone who has hogs on their property if baiting works at drawing deer in
Posted By: MGrubber

Re: baiting permit - 12/01/23 12:41 PM

It doesn't matter what the rules are, cry babies are going to cry.
Posted By: eclipse829

Re: baiting permit - 12/01/23 02:13 PM

I put out 1000 to 1500 lbs per month year round. Not just corn, equal amounts of protein pellets. If they ban it tomorrow, I'll stop. Until then, my neighbors can hunt however they see fit.
Posted By: Ridge Life

Re: baiting permit - 12/01/23 02:22 PM

Got to create the bedding on you and hunt that line! And Ben is right.
Posted By: Snuffy

Re: baiting permit - 12/01/23 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Ben2

^^^THIS^^^
Posted By: Mdees

Re: baiting permit - 12/01/23 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by deadeye48
Ask everyone who has hogs on their property if baiting works at drawing deer in

The only difference I have noticed is that I have the hogs I already had coming to a feeder regularly. This makes them a little easier to target and a bit tastier I suppose. I haven’t had any more deer than before I began running feeders and several of the deer(especially the older bucks) don’t even go to them but on rare occasions. It’s the same 7 does and a couple spikes.
Posted By: catdoctor

Re: baiting permit - 12/01/23 03:15 PM

My deer are eating 12 to13 hundred pounds a week of protein and corn!
Posted By: turkey247

Re: baiting permit - 12/01/23 03:24 PM

I definitely had more of an advantage before everybody could do it…..
Posted By: James

Re: baiting permit - 12/01/23 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Ben2

Of course they were. Trough Feeders (and some metal one's) on our lease by the house (inlaws family lease) are 25 years old. It ain't what ya know, it's who you know 😁

Re: baiting permit - 12/01/23 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by catdoctor
My deer are eating 12 to13 hundred pounds a week of protein and corn!

Yeah they kicking our arse too! 🙄

Re: baiting permit - 12/01/23 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by turkey247
I definitely had more of an advantage before everybody could do it…..

I enjoyed being an Outlaw 😃 Now it just sucks lol...
Posted By: jacobellis67

Re: baiting permit - 12/01/23 06:54 PM

It amazes me that so many accept the creation of crimes and then selling permission to commit those crimes as being a legitimate role of our government.

The state constitution that was ratified just last year declares, "the sole object and only legitimate end of government is to protect the citizen in the enjoyment of life, liberty, and property, and when the government assumes other functions it is usurpation and oppression".

How does creating crimes and then selling permission to commit those crimes fit that declaration? Is that not the very definition of "usurpation and oppression" that appears in our state constitution?
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: baiting permit - 12/01/23 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by jacobellis67
It amazes me that so many accept the creation of crimes and then selling permission to commit those crimes as being a legitimate role of our government.

The state constitution that was ratified just last year declares, "the sole object and only legitimate end of government is to protect the citizen in the enjoyment of life, liberty, and property, and when the government assumes other functions it is usurpation and oppression".

How does creating crimes and then selling permission to commit those crimes fit that declaration? Is that not the very definition of "usurpation and oppression" that appears in our state constitution?

Same way I feel. Selling a privilege for permission to break the law. It’s absolutely ridiculous.
Posted By: johndeere5036

Re: baiting permit - 12/02/23 02:02 AM

What baiting permit
Posted By: Frankie

Re: baiting permit - 12/02/23 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by Mbrock

Same way I feel. Selling a privilege for permission to break the law. It’s absolutely ridiculous.

yeah well hunters dont see it like that . all they see is a chance to bate legal. all this was just a way to get money and hunters ate it up . had it been some thing else theyd raised hell about it if they didnt like it . theyd be saying just what we think now . lol
Posted By: ALclearcut

Re: baiting permit - 12/02/23 03:15 AM

Corn in Alabama is one of the most overrated hunting strategies in my opinion. It simply isn’t a primary source of food for deer so long as native browse is available which is nearly always the case in Alabama. Deer will grab a quick snack from it but you aren’t holding deer because of it and your neighbor with corn isn’t stealing your deer if you have good habitat. I have hunted low density properties where corn didn’t help and I have hunted high density properties where I see tons of deer with and without corn. Not to mention it is nearly useless when hunting for mature bucks in daylight.
Posted By: AlabamaSwamper

Re: baiting permit - 12/02/23 03:16 AM

Never bought one
Never will

Like mandatory CWD testing. I’m not participating.
Posted By: ALclearcut

Re: baiting permit - 12/02/23 03:34 AM

This is how I felt from day one while 90% of people were just happy they got to bait. The details matter. Either make baiting legal or dont. Selling privilege licenses with no conditions for approval other than paying the fee to do an otherwise illegal activity the state considers as unsportsmanlike and harmful to wildlife makes the original prohibition illegitimate. You will never see the state relax an existing game law again. After the baiting privilege permit we later got the hog and coyote night hunting permit. But I thought night hunting was dangerous, unfair chase, and needed to be outlawed? Apparently not if you buy a permit.

And don’t even get me started on lifetime license holders needing to keep buying permits, especially the pricy non resident permits if you ever move.
Posted By: jake5050

Re: baiting permit - 12/02/23 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by ALclearcut
Corn in Alabama is one of the most overrated hunting strategies in my opinion. It simply isn’t a primary source of food for deer so long as native browse is available which is nearly always the case in Alabama. Deer will grab a quick snack from it but you aren’t holding deer because of it and your neighbor with corn isn’t stealing your deer if you have good habitat. I have hunted low density properties where corn didn’t help and I have hunted high density properties where I see tons of deer with and without corn. Not to mention it is nearly useless when hunting for mature bucks in daylight.

I agree with this until January when the food starts to dwindle in areas then they will hammer corn
Posted By: fireman176

Re: baiting permit - 12/02/23 01:17 PM

Just wait until the rut is about to start. Back a dump trailer up to a SILO and fill it with corn. Drive it to your favorite food plots and spread it all over. Hunt those plots until you kill your number of deer wanted.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM