Aldeer.com

Wyoming Elk

Posted By: Tree Dweller

Wyoming Elk - 08/12/23 07:22 AM

https://cowboystatedaily.com/2023/0...lk-and-nobodys-sure-what-to-do-about-it/

Feast or famine out West. The picture at the top of this article is just beautiful !
Posted By: booner

Re: Wyoming Elk - 08/12/23 11:52 AM

I’ve got some points saved for Wyoming that I had planed to use for a Mule Deer one year. Watched a hunt this last week where they were hunting Elk up there and I literally done a double take at the TV when I saw the number of Elk when the cameraman scanned a valley. Unbelievable. May make a change of plans.
Posted By: 7x57_Mauser

Re: Wyoming Elk - 08/12/23 12:44 PM

I've been sitting on points--yes I guess I'm part of the point creep problem--but I have been in school for almost 7 years and can't wait to get out there in the next year or so. I've got 7 antelope, 5 elk, and 6 mule deer.
Posted By: FreeStateHunter

Re: Wyoming Elk - 08/12/23 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by 7x57_Mauser
I've been sitting on points--yes I guess I'm part of the point creep problem--but I have been in school for almost 7 years and can't wait to get out there in the next year or so. I've got 7 antelope, 5 elk, and 6 mule deer.

There’s a group of us from work going on a 10 day, horseback back country elk hunt up there in a few years. I’m going to try to get an Antelope as well. Got 2 antelope points and 3 elk
Posted By: Wapiti55

Re: Wyoming Elk - 08/12/23 11:49 PM

I’ve been paying in for way too long. I should have been burning some points long before now.
Posted By: Ar1220

Re: Wyoming Elk - 08/13/23 02:10 PM

Me and you both was planning to go this year but put it off a year or 2 after that winter kill they had and kinda letem catch back up. I have enough antelope and mule deer points to go to about any unit out there I still need some for elk to go where I want to go
Posted By: Ar1220

Re: Wyoming Elk - 08/13/23 02:11 PM

Booner keep in mind the points are animal specific
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: Wyoming Elk - 08/13/23 02:32 PM

The points game is one I'll NEVER jump in to. There's so many OTC hunts available I can't justify the money spent to play.
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: Wyoming Elk - 08/13/23 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Ar1220
Me and you both was planning to go this year but put it off a year or 2 after that winter kill they had and kinda letem catch back up. I have enough antelope and mule deer points to go to about any unit out there I still need some for elk to go where I want to go

Not going will have no affect the population. Someone will fill the available tags...
Posted By: CeeHawk37

Re: Wyoming Elk - 08/14/23 01:57 AM

I’m up to 4pts for antelope and 4 for elk. Was thinking about burning the antelope points in ‘25. Might still do it but going to wait and see harvest results from this season and next in the units I’m targeting before trying to draw.

Going to just try and build points for a decent elk unit many moons from now. Hoping that maybe point creep will stop or at least slow down at some point.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM