Aldeer.com

Trophy Rock

Posted By: UA Hunter

Trophy Rock - 07/26/23 08:38 PM

Are you doing anything to get the deer using it or just putting it out and waiting?
Posted By: MC21

Re: Trophy Rock - 07/26/23 08:42 PM

Throw some corn around it
Posted By: TDog93

Re: Trophy Rock - 07/26/23 09:39 PM

I dont think it does much for the deer - but i hav gotten lot of bucks pics from the rock so i use it in addition to effective minerals (dicalPhosphate/salt)
Posted By: CNC

Re: Trophy Rock - 07/26/23 09:42 PM

You need to spray the area with some C'mere Deer......
Posted By: mw2015

Re: Trophy Rock - 07/26/23 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by UA Hunter
Are you doing anything to get the deer using it or just putting it out and waiting?

They fight to get to mine. Had to put 2 out side by side and licked down more than halfway in 3 months. Maybe put some corn like others say to find it.
Posted By: DeerNutz0U812_

Re: Trophy Rock - 07/26/23 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by MC21
Throw some corn around it
Before or after you take a whizz on it to get it activated...#Pro Tip... wink... laugh
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: Trophy Rock - 07/26/23 10:01 PM

Trophy rocks work great alone. They'll find it if it's near a trail...
Posted By: trailertrash

Re: Trophy Rock - 07/26/23 11:12 PM

They find mine pretty quick. In a hayfield bordering a soybean field everything is a trail. I guess it could be argued that the creek is a "deer trail".
Posted By: TDog93

Re: Trophy Rock - 07/27/23 12:25 AM

CNC did u get Cemer deer to work?? When i was in fl - hank parker put such a strong sell on it - i bought a pile of it - my fl deer would not touch - even added corn - still no touch - worst product i ever bought

But i think i heard a guy tell me it worked for them. FL deer tore up my corn - legal feeding state
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: Trophy Rock - 07/27/23 12:56 AM

Nothing better than shelled corn for getting pics. Although deer utilize a lot of products? Including trophy rock, they’re addicted to corn. Nothing produces pics any time of the year like corn does.

Throw some corn around it like was stated earlier.
Posted By: Treelimb

Re: Trophy Rock - 07/27/23 12:26 PM

Pour some Clorox on it!!
I heard that somewhere before?
Posted By: Mully

Re: Trophy Rock - 07/27/23 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mbrock
Nothing better than shelled corn for getting pics. Although deer utilize a lot of products? Including trophy rock, they’re addicted to corn. Nothing produces pics any time of the year like corn does.

Throw some corn around it like was stated earlier.

I have never understood why people buy all these crazy liquids, powders and such as an attractant for deer. If you are wanting to attract a deer for pics or to get a shot there is no better product out there to attract one than whole kernel corn.
Posted By: Groundhawg

Re: Trophy Rock - 07/27/23 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by UA Hunter

Just putting it out will work but if you want to speed up the deer finding it you can just smear some peanut butter on it.
Posted By: deerfeeder89

Re: Trophy Rock - 07/27/23 10:32 PM

Mine get hit hard. May take a a few day to find it. They've got a new product out that's you can mix with water. I've tried it on some new mineral sites and they seem to find the rock quicker with it. We've noticed a lot less ticks on the deer in the summer time since we've been using the rocks. Send me a pm if you want a discount code
Posted By: UA Hunter

Re: Trophy Rock - 07/27/23 11:16 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. First year using them and it's only been a couple of days, but no pics so I'll probably put out some corn or peanut butter this weekend if they don't find it tonight/tomorrow.
Posted By: FreeStateHunter

Re: Trophy Rock - 07/27/23 11:17 PM

I’d put cattle mineral with 4% phosphorus on them. My deer dig holes with that stuff
Posted By: 3bailey3

Re: Trophy Rock - 07/28/23 12:17 AM

I have good luck with them but I found some liguid thophy rock and tried it today, as I was pouring it and it looked really thin, got to the bottom and its thick, looked at label and it said shake well! oh well!
Posted By: Antlerfluke

Re: Trophy Rock - 08/10/23 01:21 PM

Every TR I have used, the deer licked'em down and utilization was high!!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM