Aldeer.com

Heated vests (Ororo)

Posted By: Rocket62

Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/02/22 06:23 PM

I'm considering the Ororo heated vest. Do any of you have this thing? Does it work well? How long do the batteries last?
Ororo Heated Vest
Posted By: Gobble4me757

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/02/22 06:26 PM

Yep...brother uses it and loves it. I gave mine to my wife who likes hers...Not sure about battery length but think they are pretty good
Posted By: LetOff

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/02/22 06:32 PM

I saw Milwaukee had some at HD the other day for $159, comes with battery and charger. Said battery last 2 hours on high, 4 hr on med and 8 hr on low.
Never used one.
Posted By: fish_blackbass

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/02/22 10:24 PM

I have a Milwaukee jacket and it works great. Only had to use 2 batteries one day in Northern Ohio when it was 5 degrees all day. Jacket on medium and stayed warm all day.

Dan
Posted By: FreeStateHunter

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/02/22 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Rocket62
I'm considering the Ororo heated vest. Do any of you have this thing? Does it work well? How long do the batteries last?
Ororo Heated Vest

You must be hunting out of state? I’m not sure it gets cold enough in Bama to warrant a heated vest. I spent big money on some MT-050 bibs back when it was actually Cabelas that still made them. I’ve maybe worn them 5 times since then and it’s been at least 7 years
Posted By: Bcbama260

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/02/22 10:45 PM

Milwaukee pretty good.
Posted By: Big Bore

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/02/22 10:56 PM

I have one. The best part is the neck warmer. Whatever brand you buy, make sure it has the neck warmer. It will make you hot so only wear it in the real cold/windy days.

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/02/22 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by FreeStateHunter
Ororo Heated Vest

You must be hunting out of state? I’m not sure it gets cold enough in Bama to warrant a heated vest. I spent big money on some MT-050 bibs back when it was actually Cabelas that still made them. I’ve maybe worn them 5 times since then and it’s been at least 7 years

You don't think it can get below 20 deg F in Alabama? I remember 4 or 5 years ago being 20' up a tree with 20 MPH winds and 20 deg F temps. I remember hunting in the last 5 years when the temps dropped below 10F.
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/03/22 12:19 AM

Ororo Heated Vest

You don't think it can get below 20 deg F in Alabama? I remember 4 or 5 years ago being 20' up a tree with 20 MPH winds and 20 deg F temps. I remember hunting in the last 5 years when the temps dropped below 10F.

Don’t mind them rocket. Some of these fellers are so manly and hunt in flip flops, whitey tighties and cotton t shirts laugh
Posted By: Austin1

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/03/22 12:41 AM

I’m going to pick up the Milwaukee heated camouflage jacket, I look at like I can wear way less and still stay warm on the cold days without being so bundled up you can’t move.

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/03/22 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Austin1
I’m going to pick up the Milwaukee heated camouflage jacket, I look at like I can wear way less and still stay warm on the cold days without being so bundled up you can’t move.

This is just plain smart.

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/03/22 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by Austin1

So. These vest are very thin. They do not take up much space at all so yes, they allow you to drop a heavy layer. I have found I can wear a wind proof shell type jacket on type and be much lighter/less bulk.
Posted By: FreeStateHunter

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/03/22 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by Bustinbeards
Ororo Heated Vest

Don’t mind them rocket. Some of these fellers are so manly and hunt in flip flops, whitey tighties and cotton t shirts laugh

Crocs not flip flops, hahaha
Posted By: johndeere5036

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/03/22 01:14 PM

I have one can’t remember the name but that thing is amazing
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/03/22 01:36 PM

Pnuma Outdoors makes a heated vest and pants that are like longjohns to be worn under clothes.

Haven't bought it but I'm tempted.
Posted By: Turkey

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/03/22 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by AU338MAG
Pnuma Outdoors makes a heated vest and pants that are like longjohns to be worn under clothes.

Haven't bought it but I'm tempted.

I have these and they are nice. I've used them in the goose and deer blinds in Kansas and Missouri, but rarely in Alabama. They're thin enough to hardly be noticed when being worn. You don't really think about it. You just notice you're warm without the bulk. If you get too warm, just turn them off.
Posted By: Ant67

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/03/22 02:14 PM

I have a Makita Jacket. It works off the same 18v battery as everything else i have and works great.
Posted By: JustHunt

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/03/22 02:30 PM

I have an ororo heated vest. I love it. Thin and has 3 heat settings. Usually keep it on low unless wind is blowing hard. Battery seems to last fine. It’s a must have for me. I guess in my older years I’ve gotten a little soft but I don’t see the point in wearing so many layers that I can hardly move

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/03/22 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Ant67
I have a Makita Jacket. It works off the same 18v battery as everything else i have and works great.

Other than the one ton battery this looks pretty danged nice! How long does it last on the high setting? They don't advertise that spec ...

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/03/22 05:44 PM

You can figure an hour an ah on high. I use the 5.0ah battery most of the time
Posted By: Firefighter Bill

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/04/22 08:41 AM

In about 10 trips to Nebraska missouri and Kentucky
I have never been as cold as I have in Alabama. And I hunted
in Nebraska at -7⁰ with wind. I swear 20⁰ feels colder here.
But that was my first trip to another state and maybe I was
having so much fun I didn't notice it was cold.
Posted By: ParrotHead89

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/04/22 10:25 AM

I have the vest, jacket and socks. Got jacket first to wear on recess duty at school. Vest has heated neck and hands compartment.
Posted By: ParrotHead89

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/04/22 12:31 PM

Get on Ororo's email list. I think last Friday they had 25% off one day sale.
Posted By: Jason Carroll

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/06/22 01:44 PM

I laugh when I hear folks say it doesn't get cold enough in Alabama. Makes me think of about 5 years ago before daylight I was using a bucket for a bathroom in 17 degrees, and then the sun came up with a good breeze sitting in a climber it was terrible. Hell I've had it drop temp in Florida to give me hypothermia and it wasn't but like 35. When conditions are right all states can be downright cold....
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/06/22 06:35 PM

It RARELY gets frigid cold enough for heavy parkas or heated clothing in Alabama. I've had a Browning Hydrofleece parka for probably 20 years and haven't worn it half a duzen times in this state.

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/06/22 06:47 PM

I have a Browning Hydrofleece and the only time I ever wore it was on a hunt in Oklahoma 9 years ago.
Posted By: JustHunt

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/07/22 01:58 AM

I guess some of us just ain’t as tough as some of y’all. We need heated vests and jackets to keep us weak folks warm. But when it’s 25 degrees and a good stiff breeze I hope y’all tough folks stay warm. I know I will cause I’ll turn the heat up on my vest a little and be nice and warm.
Posted By: 3toe

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/07/22 02:17 PM

The backside of some family property I hunted was deep down in a hole and the hillside faced west. The sun wouldn’t get high enough to hit that spot until about 10am. That hole was a deer highway but it is also the coldest place I’ve ever been in when in Alabama. It was a deep freezer. I put a buddy down in it one morning and he was tapping out at 8am
Posted By: hallb

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/07/22 03:20 PM

I have a Milwaukee, probably one of the first versions they came out with...was never very impressed with it. Haven't used it in a few years.
Posted By: Dead down wind

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/07/22 07:09 PM

I have the Ororo vest and I love it I also bought a extra battery for back up

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/08/22 01:06 AM

I pulled the trigger on the Ororo today. Jeez I’m such a wuss
Posted By: QDMAV8R

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/08/22 07:08 PM

I pulled the trigger on the Ororo today. Jeez I’m such a wuss

Said no one ever while they were Not shivering and shaking during that trigger pull of a lifetime!
Posted By: hitek

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/08/22 08:16 PM

I have had an even cheaper version off Amazon for years and it works great. I like to use it bowhunting in the cold so I do not wear as thick of jacket. Got mine for like $40. Battery lasts a good while.
Posted By: 1bamashooter

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/11/22 04:14 AM

If you wear quality hunting clothes and layer there is no need for that here in Bama it doesn't get cold enough. But if you can't handle cold weather or don't use quality gear go for it.

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/11/22 04:20 AM

LOL
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/11/22 12:43 PM

My daughter got me one for Christmas a couple years ago, I've never worn it. Hunting clothes and accessories are something one should think long and hard about before buying for someone else.
Posted By: scrape

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/14/22 01:17 AM

doesn't look like its geared towards hunting, if you wore a ski vest under your coat you wouldn't be cold even without batteries.
Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/14/22 04:03 PM

I bought a Dewbu from Amazon last year to use for winter fishing. I was looking for something that would keep me warm without the bulk of my deer hunting clothes. It works ok, but the battery doesn't last as long as the claim. Once the battery dies, it is insufficient for a cold day. Seeing this thread reminds me that I need to order another battery for it if I am gonna use it.

I wore it deer hunting one day and put it under my coveralls and set it on low. It worked pretty good for that. Warmth without bulk is what makes it attractive.

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/14/22 04:08 PM

I got mine Friday and tried it out this weekend. I ran it on high and got a little over 3 hours of heat. I’m impressed, it’s light weight and easily collapses underneath a heavy coat or for storage
Posted By: HHSyelper

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/14/22 06:21 PM

Rocket62, Did it fit true to size?

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/14/22 09:00 PM

I straddle XL and XXL sizes. It fits just a little bit tight. Not so much that I would exchange but if I were to buy another I’d go XXL
Posted By: 10buck2

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 11/16/22 12:25 AM

IHOOD is awesome

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 12/20/22 10:40 PM

So a month later ...

I wish the battery would run longer than a couple hours on high because I love this danged thing when its heating! It looks great, I even wear it to church on Sundays. I liked it so much I bought one for my wife also. She is hooked! I consider it a good if not great purchase and would do it again
Posted By: roosterbob

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 12/20/22 11:11 PM

Rocket,have you ordered another battery to carry with you.which ortho did you buy.

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 12/20/22 11:43 PM

No I haven’t but that may be a good idea

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 12/21/22 12:38 AM

Still curious what did you buy. Jacket or the vest

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 12/21/22 12:51 AM

The vest

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 12/21/22 01:09 AM

I bet the people slamming heated vests both 1. Dont have one and 2 are under the age of 50

Re: Heated vests (Ororo) - 12/21/22 01:45 AM

I'm fixing to order one, knocking on 60 and get cold now.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM