Aldeer.com

Deer processing (Montgomery area)

Posted By: Bmyers142

Deer processing (Montgomery area) - 10/20/22 11:06 PM

What are your options? I know Bozeman in Wetumpka, Kens in Autaguaville. What’s going on with Taylor’s?
Posted By: leroyb

Re: Deer processing (Montgomery area) - 10/20/22 11:19 PM

See below copied from Taylors on the book of faces.
I also use Sportsman's processing on 331 just south of Montgomery. They are good folks.

Taylors
News!
Due to new federal regulations as well as additional and greater costs of supplies and operations, we will not be opening for Bow Season this year (like in years prior).
The earliest we’ll be open is Youth Weekend. We hope to see you then!
We’ll keep you posted of any changes to plans here on Facebook.
Thanks, y’all!
Posted By: Bmyers142

Re: Deer processing (Montgomery area) - 10/20/22 11:24 PM

Thanks
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Deer processing (Montgomery area) - 10/21/22 12:06 AM

Pine Level Processors is who I use. Across from Sikes and Kohns about 20 minutes south of Montgomery.
Posted By: Forrestgump1

Re: Deer processing (Montgomery area) - 10/21/22 12:13 AM

I use Bozeman’s Taylor’s and kens depending on what property I’m hunting. Can’t say much bad about any of them. I’ll say that it may not be convenient but if they keep going up on price I’m going to buy a grinder and start doing my own.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Deer processing (Montgomery area) - 10/21/22 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Forrestgump1
I use Bozeman’s Taylor’s and kens depending on what property I’m hunting. Can’t say much bad about any of them. I’ll say that it may not be convenient but if they keep going up on price I’m going to buy a grinder and start doing my own.

You are correct. New processor up our way who is my neighbor. But I’m not paying $100 for standard cut.
Posted By: fourfive45

Re: Deer processing (Montgomery area) - 10/21/22 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by bamaeyedoc
Pine Level Processors is who I use. Across from Sikes and Kohns about 20 minutes south of Montgomery.

Same here
Posted By: green river 123

Re: Deer processing (Montgomery area) - 10/21/22 01:21 AM

i took a big 9 point to sportsman today..heard they were pretty good
Posted By: WoodleyRoadDeer

Re: Deer processing (Montgomery area) - 10/21/22 08:29 AM

Pine Level Processing right off Highway 231 in South Montgomery County.
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: Deer processing (Montgomery area) - 10/21/22 10:25 AM

Who is running Pine Level Processing now? I haven’t been by there since before Reg passed away. A buddy and i used to hunt a property about two miles from there and Reg would let us come watch tv and take a nap on the couches in there midday between hunts. Made a bunch of good memories and new friends hanging out there.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Deer processing (Montgomery area) - 10/21/22 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Coosa1

Who is running Pine Level Processing now? I haven’t been by there since before Reg passed away. A buddy and i used to hunt a property about two miles from there and Reg would let us come watch tv and take a nap on the couches in there midday between hunts. Made a bunch of good memories and new friends hanging out there.

Greg Gallander is running it now. Last season they did a cookout every Saturday night, but this year it’s one Saturday a month during season.
Posted By: Treelimb

Re: Deer processing (Montgomery area) - 10/21/22 01:55 PM

Pine Level Processors is who I use. Across from Sikes and Kohns about 20 minutes south of Montgomery. copied from bamaeyedoc

Greg has one of the cleanest operations I've seen and his HOT smoked link is out of this world. Medium is good as well.
Nobody makes a Summer Sausage cured enough for me but his is quality and I just cook it a little more in the skillet or on the grill.

Give him a try.
Posted By: Hunting-231

Re: Deer processing (Montgomery area) - 10/21/22 08:23 PM

Bozeman does a very good job. I can't speak for the others, since I don't have any experience.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM