Aldeer.com

Cheap Moultrie Feeder Question

Posted By: HHSyelper

Cheap Moultrie Feeder Question - 01/26/22 04:55 PM

Does anyone use the cheap Moultrie feeders that use the 4 AA batteries? I have an old feeder that needs a new motor/timer, and the 4 battery one is the only one that fits it. Just wondering how long the batteries last. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Droptine-13

Re: Cheap Moultrie Feeder Question - 01/26/22 05:00 PM

We use them on all our feeders. We've had some batteries last over a yr
Posted By: Farmer Brown

Re: Cheap Moultrie Feeder Question - 01/26/22 05:06 PM

I have the collapsing Moultrie Feeder, that looks like a hornets nest. The battery life is determined by how many times you set it to spin, and how long each time. I spin feed once a day, for 4 seconds, and have had no problems with battery drainage. I set it to spin about 4 P.M., so the deer get it before the turkeys.
Posted By: nomercy

Re: Cheap Moultrie Feeder Question - 01/26/22 05:33 PM

Second season with mine and I changed the batteries once so far. Not sure it even needed it but doing preventative maintenance
Posted By: Paint Rock 00

Re: Cheap Moultrie Feeder Question - 01/26/22 06:58 PM

This Battery style seems to last for us we feed 2 times a day for 7 seconds. Have not changed batteries since dec 1.

Re: Cheap Moultrie Feeder Question - 01/26/22 07:44 PM

Thanks guys, I'll order one and try it.
Posted By: MorningAir

Re: Cheap Moultrie Feeder Question - 01/26/22 07:50 PM

Moultrie needs to re design how the top screws on the collapsible model.

It needs threads like a jar and not that crap it has. Getting the top back on is a pain.
Posted By: joshm28

Re: Cheap Moultrie Feeder Question - 01/26/22 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Droptine-13
We use them on all our feeders. We've had some batteries last over a yr

Craziest thing but those 4 AA batteries will last an entire season for me. That’s roughly 8 sec of run time per day.
Posted By: YellaLineHunter

Re: Cheap Moultrie Feeder Question - 01/26/22 09:08 PM

I’ve had no issues with mine. Like stated above the batteries seem to last forever.
Posted By: bobbyc

Re: Cheap Moultrie Feeder Question - 01/26/22 09:20 PM

My only issue with it was I had to add more legs to it than what came with it. The Does would stand there at it and spin the feeder with their tongue and empty the feeder from full to bone dry in less than 2 days.
Posted By: Lockjaw

Re: Cheap Moultrie Feeder Question - 01/26/22 09:44 PM

That's why you get the elite one with the built in shocker!! Slap the 6 volt rechargable battery in it, add the $25 dollar solar panel, and all you have to do is add corn.

Re: Cheap Moultrie Feeder Question - 01/26/22 10:22 PM

I’ve always wondered about the shock one. We use electric fences around my son’s produce fields, and once they get into it a time or two, they don’t come back. We can take the fence down and it takes a couple weeks before they will go in that field. Not sure that’s what I would want at my feed station. I also have the wire cage that goes around it so don’t have issues with them stealing much corn.
Posted By: Lockjaw

Re: Cheap Moultrie Feeder Question - 01/26/22 10:57 PM

I have 2 and nothing messes with them. I had a deer I thought might be, but if it was, it didn't do it but a couple times. That's why I wanted the solar charger on it. Keep that battery full......
© 2024 ALDEER.COM