Aldeer.com

CWD question

Posted By: BruteX

CWD question - 01/09/22 02:21 PM

Posting here because I’m sure someone at the DNR monitors this site. So the whole goal of the current Lauderdale and Colbert no bag limit policy is to collect enough samples. Why not keep the bag limits as they are and collect your own samples from bait sites scattered across the area after the season closes? That way, the herd is not decimated in a particular area. Most people don’t kill enough does anyway to collect any sample.
Posted By: deerhunt1988

Re: CWD question - 01/09/22 03:11 PM

They definitely jumped the gun on this one. Should have gathered their thoughts over the weekend, established more sampling sites/drop off freezers and enacted mandatory sampling on the public lands BEFORE taking the gloves off. Less than half the deer killed on the public lands will be sampled unless its a mandatory check-in day (Fri. and Sat. of previously established gun hunts). Freedom Hills sounded like a war yesterday. Fortunately it was a mandatory check-in day so they should have gotten a bunch of samples!

Then again, part of managing CWD is maintaining lower deer numbers.. Just hate to see the public lands get raped. Private hunters can regulate themselves.
Posted By: BIG HAIRY HUNTER

Re: CWD question - 01/09/22 03:51 PM

They will never answer you, nor will they take what I am about to say into consideration as a biological possibility.

IT IS HIGHLY PROBABLE THAT THE (20) DEER STOCKED INTO LAUDERDALE COUNTY FROM WISCONSIN IN 1955 AND 1956, GENETICALLY INFERIORIZED THE HERD IN THAT PARTICULAR AREA OF THE STATE, SPECIFICALLY IN THE AREAS OF PARASITIC AND CONTRACTUAL DISEASE IMMUNITY.

Of the (52) deer that were restocked during these same two years, the remainder came from Alabama's native herd in Clarke county. I will not implicate the original whitetail biologist, (a true and honest, forethinking individual), who has unfortunately been dismissed in his idea that the NATIVE DEEP SOUTH whitetail is genetically infallable in its resistance to CWD. The northern, western, and midwestern whitetails, ++, though overall normally more impressive specimens, are weak in comparison in the categories spoken of here again, resistance to parasites and contractual disease.

I would suspect that Little Chuckie Sykes has zero interest in displaying any sanity on this subject. The Auburn deer facility and "research" is a known local joke. Mississippi State, in my opinion, possesses the most credible and advanced minds in the whitetail world right now and the state of Alabama should entrust MSU's superior knowledge in the remedy of our situation, wherein gaining some control of the "situation". I would bet a large dollar figure that the Alabama F&G and Little Chuckie Sykes will continue their pathetic ritual of stroking each other's hair on their rides to and fro from Choctaw county to downtown Montgomery, and back to Lauderdale county for their photo ops.

Finally, as many have stated and re-stated; if our pseudo-conservative governmental officials aforementioned, were serious, they would immediately ban the feeding of corn, (bait), during hunting season throughout the entire state. Look at states like Illinois who don't even allow mineral sites due to the risk of CWD, much less supplemental feeding. BIG HAIRY, OUT!
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: CWD question - 01/09/22 04:03 PM

Chuck already had this plan in place well before it was ever found in the state
Everyone on here should know enough about him because of his past actions and comments to say and know he will not listen to anyone that is knowledgeable on anything…..Classic Narcissist
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: CWD question - 01/09/22 04:12 PM

Sooooo, is it safe to predict " Little Chuckie Sykes" will be to CWD in Alabama what Dr. Fauchi is to Covid? eek
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: CWD question - 01/09/22 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by 2Dogs
Sooooo, is it safe to predict " Little Chuckie Sykes" will be to CWD in Alabama what Dr. Fauchi is to Covid? eek

I’d say you’re spot on
Posted By: BIG HAIRY HUNTER

Re: CWD question - 01/09/22 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by 2Dogs

Nicely done, 2Dogs!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM