Aldeer.com

Madison Co action?

Posted By: BuckRabbit

Madison Co action? - 01/04/21 09:21 PM

Saw prob 10 fresh rubs, dew claws, and freshened scrapes coming in today. Smells like rut 30 in Madison Co. Anyone seeing any or heard of some action?

Re: Madison Co action? - 01/04/21 10:40 PM

Nevermind, just had a 6 chasing a doe....answered my own question.
Posted By: top cat

Re: Madison Co action? - 01/04/21 11:51 PM

No deer in 47. Move along.
Posted By: BamaPlowboy

Re: Madison Co action? - 01/05/21 02:47 AM

All depends on where your at in 47 really...speaking of the rut.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Madison Co action? - 01/05/21 02:51 AM

He right
Posted By: turkey247

Re: Madison Co action? - 01/05/21 03:00 AM

Dew claws? Dewhat? That just means you spooked the crap out of a herd off the corn pile while walking in.......

Re: Madison Co action? - 01/05/21 06:33 AM

My trail cam would beg to differ

Re: Madison Co action? - 01/05/21 06:33 AM

Hazel Green area

Re: Madison Co action? - 01/05/21 06:34 AM

And yes, dew claw dude. There’s no corn pile....move along
Posted By: turkey247

Re: Madison Co action? - 01/05/21 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by BuckRabbit

Harsh. Just trying to learn bro. Running = rutting. Got it.
Posted By: just_an_illusion

Re: Madison Co action? - 01/05/21 03:47 PM

Easy spanky. Don't go to pissing in Cheerios just yet.

Re: Madison Co action? - 01/05/21 04:14 PM

No one ever said anything about running? Usually a few claw present is from a heavier deer 👍🏼

Re: Madison Co action? - 01/05/21 04:15 PM

And I’m not pissing in anything. Just don’t love a smart ass. “Spanky”, that’s cute
Posted By: just_an_illusion

Re: Madison Co action? - 01/05/21 04:24 PM

Well if you dont like smart asses you might as well delete this page from your memory. This place is chock full of em and most ain't bashful about it.

Sit back and relax, alot to be learned here and even more great folks if you get started off on the right foot. Welcome and happy hunting.
Posted By: dirkdaddy

Re: Madison Co action? - 01/05/21 04:27 PM

Dang, buckrabbit has 11 posts and he's already ready to KHASB

Re: Madison Co action? - 01/05/21 06:59 PM

Na I’ve been coming here for a long time, just didn’t post. I don’t mind smart ass, but I’m smart assing right back, especially someone calling me spanky....this is not some 9th grade hazing BS.
And dirk, what does the amount someone posts have to do with anything. Should we just pull em out and measure right now? You guys are funny. Just answer and/or be helpful or move along with your life 🤷🏼‍♂️ Pretty simple

Re: Madison Co action? - 01/05/21 07:08 PM

And FYI, guys that like to talk down to folks are exactly what keeps new hunters from reaching out and makes them avoid places like this site. I’ve been chasing game my whole life so you guys are just noise to me. Just something to think about gents.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Madison Co action? - 01/05/21 07:11 PM

Just don’t love a smart ass.

Then you ain’t gonna make it long around here
Posted By: dirkdaddy

Re: Madison Co action? - 01/05/21 07:27 PM

Na I’ve been coming here for a long time, just didn’t post. I don’t mind smart ass, but I’m smart assing right back, especially someone calling me spanky....this is not some 9th grade hazing BS.
And dirk, what does the amount someone posts have to do with anything. Should we just pull em out and measure right now? You guys are funny. Just answer and/or be helpful or move along with your life 🤷🏼‍♂️ Pretty simple

It means your new around here. Obviously.

Oh and to answer your question ruts been over in madison for a while. Oughta just pack it on up for the season

Re: Madison Co action? - 01/05/21 07:29 PM

Fur, been on here for years just not commenting, I’ll be fine. Read my post above....if I were a new hunter to the community...crap like that is what makes guys not wanna hunt and discourages them.

Re: Madison Co action? - 01/05/21 07:31 PM

Dirk, they actually just started showing interest in chasing. Need to review your rut map bud. Mid to late January around Madison Co. But no, not new....like I said, I’ve been on the site prob 5 yrs, just never posted, only came to read.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Madison Co action? - 01/05/21 10:16 PM

Are you new to this site and just never posted? Asking for Fur

Re: Madison Co action? - 01/05/21 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by 257wbymag
Are you new to this site and just never posted? Asking for Fur

Not new to the site, been reading prob 5yrs. Just now made login and what not. Good luck this afternoon
Posted By: BamaStrapAssassi

Re: Madison Co action? - 01/08/21 03:09 AM

“review the rut map.”
If you were as knowledgeable as you put on you’d know that map is maybe true for 30% of Madison County if that. I’m in harvest / toney and peaks first of december and tampers of the second week.
Posted By: rolltidehunter

Re: Madison Co action? - 01/08/21 03:46 AM

I work in Harvest area and the rut is first week December. I saw a 130 8 point locked down with doe on December 5. Crazy how rut can be rocking in one spot and dead in another. Had a second rut in harvest 2 weeks ago.
Posted By: Bronco 74

Re: Madison Co action? - 01/08/21 03:59 AM

Buck rabbit welcome.
Posted By: eclipse829

Re: Madison Co action? - 01/08/21 01:09 PM

And FYI, guys that like to talk down to folks are exactly what keeps new hunters from reaching out and makes them avoid places like this site. I’ve been chasing game my whole life so you guys are just noise to me. Just something to think about gents.

Sounds like you've got it all figured out. Why are you here asking questions? Would you be available to put on a clinic sometime? Asking for fur
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: Madison Co action? - 01/08/21 01:26 PM

Well, from someone who actually has the breeding data from Madison Co I can say with very much confidence that peak breeding for west, north and parts of south central Madison co are early to mid December. Red Stone arsenal late January to Feb. Eastern Madison county right now. Get after it.

Re: Madison Co action? - 01/08/21 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by BamaStrapAssassi
“review the rut map.”
If you were as knowledgeable as you put on you’d know that map is maybe true for 30% of Madison County if that. I’m in harvest / toney and peaks first of december and tampers of the second week.

Yeah, not the same where I am, extreme north madison co, they’re just now starting up & was curious as to what everyone else was seeing. Again, no need to be smart about it. But, from everywhere I’ve hunted, the map is pretty close to being correct

Originally Posted by rolltidehunter
I work in Harvest area and the rut is first week December. I saw a 130 8 point locked down with doe on December 5. Crazy how rut can be rocking in one spot and dead in another. Had a second rut in harvest 2 weeks ago.

That’s another reason I was asking, to get feedback from other hunters in the area....much appreciated sir

Originally Posted by Bronco 74
Buck rabbit welcome.

Thank you sir....my first car was a Bronco, miss that truck

Re: Madison Co action? - 01/08/21 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by eclipse829

Sounds like you've got it all figured out. Why are you here asking questions? Would you be available to put on a clinic sometime? Asking for fur

Dude....go somewhere else with the BS. I don’t have anything all figured out. I said I’ve been hunting my whole life so people that like to be condescending and smart about things don’t bother m, but can run new folks off...that isn’t me. But, for all you guys know, this could be my fist year in the woods and, maybe, my last bc of the way some of you act. I just like treat others the way I like to be treated. Have a good one

Originally Posted by Mbrock
Well, from someone who actually has the breeding data from Madison Co I can say with very much confidence that peak breeding for west, north and parts of south central Madison co are early to mid December. Red Stone arsenal late January to Feb. Eastern Madison county right now. Get after it.

Appreciate the info, sir.....think the next couple weeks will be great where I am. Good luck to you

Re: Madison Co action? - 01/08/21 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by top cat
No deer in 47. Move along.
Posted By: antlerhunter

Re: Madison Co action? - 01/08/21 10:39 PM

Starting to get interesting. I’ll be in the woods all weekend. There’s two left in Madison Co. and I’m after one of them.

Re: Madison Co action? - 01/08/21 11:59 PM

Deal, I’m after the other

Re: Madison Co action? - 01/09/21 12:31 AM

I'll be at the salt mine all weekend
Posted By: PaintRock0

Re: Madison Co action? - 01/09/21 01:50 AM

At the foot of Chapman mt by the Cinram plant. Today at lunch a really nice buck was chasing a doe in the clearing by the cedar trees. People were slowing down looking.

Re: Madison Co action? - 01/09/21 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by PaintRock0
At the foot of Chapman mt by the Cinram plant. Today at lunch a really nice buck was chasing a doe in the clearing by the cedar trees. People were slowing down looking.

Is that on 565 side or Moore’s mill?
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: Madison Co action? - 01/10/21 08:13 AM

Mooresmill side
Posted By: Bar270

Re: Madison Co action? - 01/10/21 08:55 PM

What about the buck on jordan lane

Re: Madison Co action? - 01/11/21 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by Bar270
What about the buck on jordan lane

???
Posted By: Rainbowstew

Re: Madison Co action? - 01/11/21 03:39 AM

I have seen two big racked bucks chasing does in field on HWY 53 Jordan Lane while headed into Huntsville.

Re: Madison Co action? - 01/11/21 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Rainbowstew
I have seen two big racked bucks chasing does in field on HWY 53 Jordan Lane while headed into Huntsville.

That’s what we like to hear
© 2024 ALDEER.COM