Aldeer.com

Conecuh National Forest

Posted By: MCA40

Conecuh National Forest - 12/07/20 07:49 AM

Just wondering if anybody has ever hunted Conecuh National Forest, and if so how was it?
Posted By: dirkdaddy

Re: Conecuh National Forest - 12/07/20 11:14 AM

Incredible hunting. Just amazing. Walk right off the road and rack bucks everywhere unpressured. Good luck
Posted By: gatorbait154

Re: Conecuh National Forest - 12/07/20 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by dirkdaddy
Incredible hunting. Just amazing. Walk right off the road and rack bucks everywhere unpressured. Good luck

Sounds encouraging, I’m gonna go hunt it tomorrow based off your assessment!!
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Conecuh National Forest - 12/07/20 05:29 PM

Look out for flying buckshot, a lot of "quail hunters" like to go through there with their dogs.
Posted By: CNC

Re: Conecuh National Forest - 12/07/20 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by dirkdaddy

rofl
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Conecuh National Forest - 12/07/20 06:51 PM

It is especially quiet and unpressured on the Blue Spring dog hunt days. Rarely even see another truck on the days when the dog hunts are scheduled. That's when I try to hunt it due to the lack of pressure. Lots of times, you'll never see another hunter and the biggest annoyance is having to stop in the road to let the deer walk across in front of you.
Posted By: jake5050

Re: Conecuh National Forest - 12/07/20 07:10 PM

I'm sure it's just like other public land in bama put the work in scouting and you will be successful. Remember most public land hunters are morons and lazy so look for spots off the beaten path.
Posted By: sanderson

Re: Conecuh National Forest - 12/07/20 08:32 PM

Always seemed a like crappy area to me but I’m probably wrong, never hunted around there before.
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Conecuh National Forest - 12/07/20 10:43 PM

They kill some decent bucks on the dog weekend there in Blue Springs but it's more crowded than a BLM looting spree at the local Philadephia downtown walmart 24 hrs after a police shooting . Trucks everywhere, different dog club's dogs getting mixed together, running the same deer. Most of the posts were tongue in cheek and joking about it. I have heard that you can kill some decent bucks "for that area", early in bow season if you take the time to scout hard and get well off the beaten path. If you hunt up there on the dog hunts, be sure to be wearing full kevlar body armor.
Posted By: MCA40

Re: Conecuh National Forest - 12/08/20 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by abolt300
It is especially quiet and unpressured on the Blue Spring dog hunt days. Rarely even see another truck on the days when the dog hunts are scheduled. That's when I try to hunt it due to the lack of pressure. Lots of times, you'll never see another hunter and the biggest annoyance is having to stop in the road to let the deer walk across in front of you.

So what you're saying is that I should go ahead and get the grill fired up?
Posted By: outdoors1

Re: Conecuh National Forest - 12/11/20 04:40 AM

Probably a good chance you won't kill one on the couch, so get out there just wear an orange cap and vest. Sit more than you walk.
Posted By: Jstocks

Re: Conecuh National Forest - 12/11/20 01:53 PM

I’m never deer hunted it, but saw plenty of deer tracks crossing the roads while turkey hunting. The roads are sandy, so the deer tracks are easy to spot.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM