Aldeer.com

E bikes

Posted By: Hunter454

E bikes - 11/15/20 04:28 AM

Does anyone hunt with an e bike? What is your opinion of them?
Posted By: Ant67

Re: E bikes - 11/17/20 03:31 PM

I’ve got a Rambo. Really like it. Not suitable for tall grass due to chain and derailer. Have a cart for hauling stuff. Easy to transport and plenty of power.
Posted By: foldemup

Re: E bikes - 11/17/20 03:35 PM

I have a Rad Rover. I like it and you can cheaply upgrade the power to it and add accessories. A lot of the places I hunt , I’m able to drive the bike to the base of my tree. I’ve had deer 5 yards from it and they don’t freak out over it at all
Posted By: jellyhead

Re: E bikes - 11/17/20 04:11 PM

I have a off brand one ( I wasnt about to spend the money on a name brand). I really like it. I hunt off mine every weekend. If I kill a deer I go and get the four wheeler. I will be getting a trailer for it to pull though.
Posted By: WmHunter

Re: E bikes - 11/17/20 07:15 PM

This thread needs more additions.
I am thinking about getting one of these.
I like the idea of minimizing use of my gas EZ Go and using an E bike instead.
Posted By: blade

Re: E bikes - 11/17/20 08:52 PM

Love mine. It has an internal hub and instead of a derailer. This will be my 4th season with it.
Posted By: Geno

Re: E bikes - 11/18/20 06:33 PM

Home made trek here. Pull a cart behind it. It does great and silent. I use it fish a big old pond too.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Johnal3

Re: E bikes - 11/19/20 02:21 AM

Check out hardcore eCycles. Steve Pinkston is the owner. Great guy to deal with. I’ve bought one from him. About to sell it and buy one of the newer ones.
Posted By: therealhojo

Re: E bikes - 11/19/20 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by Johnal3
Check out hardcore eCycles. Steve Pinkston is the owner. Great guy to deal with. I’ve bought one from him. About to sell it and buy one of the newer ones.

He is a good guy. I have one as well. Those new 2 wheel drives look incredible.
Posted By: jake5050

Re: E bikes - 11/19/20 02:40 AM

Geno I don't agree with your politics but I'll be damn if I don't love them avatars, goodness gracious
Posted By: Johnal3

Re: E bikes - 11/19/20 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by therealhojo
Originally Posted by Johnal3

He is a good guy. I have one as well. Those new 2 wheel drives look incredible.

I will own one before spring. Thanks for introducing me to them!
Posted By: Catfish28

Re: E bikes - 11/19/20 03:32 AM

I was at bass pro a bit ago and gave there’s a look. They were right at $3k if I looked correctly at the price tag. I got to visit Santa as well. He had on a face shield and there was plexiglass between us. I had hoped to sit in his lap but no luck. Me and the kids did get a pic standing in front of him which was nice.
Posted By: Geno

Re: E bikes - 11/19/20 02:00 PM

Mine was 300 used but I got it from a kid who made it to ride to school/work at Georgia Tech. Aerospace engineering major. He rode it daily for three years and I've had it for a year and change but I only ride it once a month or so. Other than the donor bike, it's just cheap chinese components. He did rework the controller to remove the limiters (top end and phased power delivery) so I can't let anyone else use it as they'll hurt themselves.

Would probably cost around 500 in materials and 10 hours or so if you put it together yourself. You don't have to spend huge bucks on one unless you want to. The cart was 100 from amazon - could not find a used one.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: hosscat

Re: E bikes - 11/19/20 02:15 PM

I know nothing about them, but a friend of mine built one and its bad to the bone. Will pull the front tire off the ground easily, and has a top speed of 35.

Re: E bikes - 11/20/20 03:09 AM

If you get one I would highly recommend the 1000W version over the 750W for hunting.. significant difference in power.
Posted By: jbatey1

Re: E bikes - 11/20/20 03:53 AM

I've tried talking myself into building one, but still haven't done it.
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: E bikes - 11/20/20 06:19 PM

The problem with building one if you hunt public land is that a built E-bike will not meet the specs of a lot of states requirements. The manufactured bikes have a specific stamp. E-bikes are not allowed here during archery season so I don't own one. During gun season they are allowed BUT only through open gates that trucks are using lol. If you're own private, do what ya like

Re: E bikes - 11/20/20 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Ant67
If you get one I would highly recommend the 1000W version over the 750W for hunting.. significant difference in power.

The limit here when Greenwood and several other timber companies open the gates is 750w with no throttle. Basically just pedal assist bikes but they still haul butt
Posted By: WmHunter

Re: E bikes - 11/20/20 07:33 PM

Yeah, the more I think about it the more I think an electric scooter would be a lot better and much more comfortable then a bicycle.

This looks a whole lot more comfortable to me, just needs knobby tires:

https://mancavepremier.com/products...Dwu6R7QIVDtbACh0__AnzEAQYAyABEgJTYPD_BwE

I don't like having to be hunched over and forward as is the case with a bicycle.

Also, something like this would be good, again, needs bigger knobby tires, but would be more comfortable then a bicycle:

https://www.razor.com/products/electric-rides/pocket-mod/

Posted By: born2fizh

Re: E bikes - 11/22/20 01:04 AM

So I went to Missouri this past week and hunted. All week we used ebikes. All kinds, from homemade to expensive ones you buy. By far the best ones were the ones that were homemade. Check out Luna Bikes for the kits. And spend the money and buy the biggest battery they make.

Re: E bikes - 11/22/20 01:43 AM

All the guys on my Illinois trip use them. It has been a game changer as we all get older.

Re: E bikes - 11/22/20 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by Ant67
All the guys on my Illinois trip use them. It has been a game changer as we all get older.

I'm so glad that the lands we hunt in Oregon do not allow ebikes during the archery elk season. I'm 55 and hump it on my bike and its pissy when some big butt comes by on an ebike 5 miles in (happened to me in Wa last year). The times it happened they were like "i guess we will be on top of the hill first " lol. pure asses on multiple occasions.
When allowed here and over there they can only be Class 1.

Re: E bikes - 11/22/20 05:24 PM

We use them on private leases where the woods are accessed through pastures
© 2024 ALDEER.COM