Aldeer.com

Hunting Apps

Posted By: GMR

Hunting Apps - 05/13/20 01:26 AM

What’s the best app that possibly shows property lines and or owners automatically without having to mark them manually?
Thanks
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Hunting Apps - 05/13/20 02:02 AM

OnX
Posted By: BuckRidge17

Re: Hunting Apps - 05/13/20 02:50 AM

Onx
Posted By: Rocket62

Re: Hunting Apps - 05/13/20 03:38 AM

OnX
Motion-X is fantastic, used it for years. It doesn’t have property boundaries though. Other than that it blows OnX away. So, I use them both
Posted By: fourfive45

Re: Hunting Apps - 05/13/20 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Bustinbeards
OnX
Posted By: Turkey

Re: Hunting Apps - 05/13/20 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Rocket62
OnX
Motion-X is fantastic, used it for years. It doesn’t have property boundaries though. Other than that it blows OnX away. So, I use them both

Same here.
Posted By: UADeerHunter

Re: Hunting Apps - 05/14/20 06:00 PM

I really like HuntStand.
Posted By: HoofNSpur

Re: Hunting Apps - 05/15/20 01:38 AM

OnX
Posted By: jb20

Re: Hunting Apps - 05/15/20 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by HoofNSpur
OnX

This but it dont update land owner name to fast...i know of a couple parcels going on 2 years
Posted By: PhilCowart

Re: Hunting Apps - 05/20/20 01:50 PM

I've been pleased with Gaia GPS, it's a little more hiking focused but has all the hunting layers you could want. OnX was always too slow for me.
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: Hunting Apps - 05/20/20 02:12 PM

If you need property lines and ownership, public lands, etc.....OnX rocks. If you don't need that info, HuntStand is awesome (and free). I actually prefer huntstand over OnX. Most of the public land I hunt isn't near a public/private boundary, so I didn't renew my OnX paid membership and just use Huntstand for everything now.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Hunting Apps - 05/20/20 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by GomerPyle

If you need property lines and ownership, public lands, etc.....OnX rocks. If you don't need that info, HuntStand is awesome (and free). I actually prefer huntstand over OnX. Most of the public land I hunt isn't near a public/private boundary, so I didn't renew my OnX paid membership and just use Huntstand for everything now.

And if you need to know who owns a property, Huntstand gives you 10 free per month. Pretty cool.
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: Hunting Apps - 05/20/20 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Remington270
Originally Posted by GomerPyle

And if you need to know who owns a property, Huntstand gives you 10 free per month. Pretty cool.

Really? I wasn't aware of that.
Posted By: deerhunt1988

Re: Hunting Apps - 05/20/20 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by PhilCowart
I've been pleased with Gaia GPS, it's a little more hiking focused but has all the hunting layers you could want. OnX was always too slow for me.

x2 for Gaia

I have it an and OnX both. Much prefer GAIA.
Posted By: Claims Rep.

Re: Hunting Apps - 05/23/20 02:41 AM

I like OnX. Been using it for 3-4 years now.
Posted By: Slim1026

Re: Hunting Apps - 05/23/20 07:06 AM

I use HuntStand. Pretty accurate on property lines.
Posted By: Jason Carroll

Re: Hunting Apps - 05/29/20 03:25 AM

Huntstand
Posted By: WildlifeBiologist

Re: Hunting Apps - 05/29/20 09:50 AM

HuntStand
Posted By: RedneckNinji

Re: Hunting Apps - 06/07/20 12:49 AM

What app lets you keep looking at the property lines on the free versions? I can’t see them on OnX anymore and keeps asking me to upgrade but I’m a tight wad and not looking to do any of that mess!
Posted By: SouthernRoots

Re: Hunting Apps - 06/07/20 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by RedneckNinji
What app lets you keep looking at the property lines on the free versions? I can’t see them on OnX anymore and keeps asking me to upgrade but I’m a tight wad and not looking to do any of that mess!

Check on camofire. About once a week they run a special on there where you can get the one state plan for $17 for a year. Then cancel the plan and do it again the next year.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM