Aldeer.com

Need a dog

Posted By: StoneMan

Need a dog - 02/03/20 12:23 PM

Anybody want to track in boaz today?
Posted By: James

Re: Need a dog - 02/03/20 12:39 PM

Same gun you missed with the other day? 😀 Good Luck hope ya find 'em.

Re: Need a dog - 02/03/20 12:55 PM

Same deer from Saturday. I’m having second thoughts on the shot. I want to get a dog out there just to be sure. Just need that reassurance just for my sanity. I’m still sick to my stomach

Re: Need a dog - 02/03/20 12:55 PM

Shot my rifle Saturday at the quarry and was 2” high at 100 like how I had it set up.
Posted By: James

Re: Need a dog - 02/03/20 04:04 PM

Hopefully you can find him!
Posted By: Fullthrottle

Re: Need a dog - 02/03/20 05:59 PM

Got any pictures

Re: Need a dog - 02/03/20 07:50 PM

I’ve got trail cam pictures of him. I’ve got CNC’s cousin out here working his dog. Damn it’s hot

Re: Need a dog - 02/03/20 08:03 PM

Let’s see what where tracking after
Posted By: BigEd

Re: Need a dog - 02/03/20 08:37 PM

Hope you find him!

popcorn

Re: Need a dog - 02/03/20 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Fullthrottle
Let’s see what where tracking after

PM me your # and ill send it to you.

Re: Need a dog - 02/03/20 11:46 PM

Alright so, I got ahold of CNC and he sent me his cousin information. He was local to the area. We got to the hit site explaining to him the shot projection, the full scenario what happened, etc. Received permission to track on adjoining land owner and they made their way down to the bottom of the mountain. There was an old dried up creek bed with just a little bit of water still standing in some areas. Clint worked the area good with Max. They finally came up on him in the creek, and the buck jumped out of there and trotted out of sight. Clint could see the wound and it was in no mans land probably making sense as to why I couldn't find anything at the hit site. Of course Clint told me to stay at the top of the mountain and to listen for a whistle and that means they found it. He came up the mountain and told me the news about him and max jumping the buck. For a brief second I was mad that I wasn't down there with them but at the same time I wanted closure on this shot; Clint & Max provided that. I knew with my shot I had connected, just didn't know if he was still alive or if he was dead. Clint did an awesome job and that damn mountain down the cove is not an easy hike as rough as terrain as it was. Happy to see I did connect, and also happy to see that he will survive as long as he doesn't get cornered by coyotes. Maybe next time when me and this deer meet again I won't need Max.
Posted By: MarksOutdoors

Re: Need a dog - 02/03/20 11:54 PM

Hate it. Prayers sent.
Posted By: jb20

Re: Need a dog - 02/03/20 11:56 PM

Was there any blood where he jumped him?

Re: Need a dog - 02/04/20 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by jb20
Was there any blood where he jumped him?

None at jumped spot. Only a few places here and there.
Posted By: desertdog

Re: Need a dog - 02/04/20 01:02 AM

What part of Boaz StoneMan?

Re: Need a dog - 02/04/20 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by desertdog
What part of Boaz StoneMan?

Over off 205
Posted By: desertdog

Re: Need a dog - 02/04/20 02:19 AM

10 4
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Need a dog - 02/04/20 03:42 AM

Are you getting buck fever tore up type bad on shots?
Posted By: johnv

Re: Need a dog - 02/04/20 05:06 AM

Glad I could kinda help, maybe you'll get him next year
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Need a dog - 02/04/20 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by 257wbymag

If the hit was in no mans land he prob hit where he was aiming with it sighted in 2” high. Maybe cause I rarely have a shot over 200 yards but I never understood the whole sight in high thing. I want my bullet to hit where the cross hairs are. I don’t want to be doing calculations in my head when a deer steps out trying to figure out where to aim

Re: Need a dog - 02/04/20 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by jlbuc10

If the hit was in no mans land he prob hit where he was aiming with it sighted in 2” high. Maybe cause I rarely have a shot over 200 yards but I never understood the whole sight in high thing. I want my bullet to hit where the cross hairs are. I don’t want to be doing calculations in my head when a deer steps out trying to figure out where to aim

I do believe your correct. I ranged that spot after I shot and it was approx. 120 yards. I adjusted my scope that day when I checked my scope and now I have it at 1" high center.

And also I easily could've moved and went a little higher when I shot. First big buck and I was a lil shaky.

Re: Need a dog - 02/04/20 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by johnv
Glad I could kinda help, maybe you'll get him next year

Appreciate you coming out, man! Go one up CNC now
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Need a dog - 02/04/20 03:50 PM

Hate he got away from you. It happens tho

Re: Need a dog - 02/04/20 07:06 PM

Yeah, the feeling sucks he got away. I put all of my hunting stuff away yesterday. Done until next year.
Posted By: lances

Re: Need a dog - 02/04/20 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by StoneMan

Yeah, the feeling sucks he got away. I put all of my hunting stuff away yesterday. Done until next year.

Same as me. Sad but glad at the same time lol

Re: Need a dog - 02/04/20 07:55 PM

Pm sent stoneman
Posted By: WmHunter

Re: Need a dog - 02/04/20 08:21 PM

I don't like doing calculations either but do sight 1" high at 100 in all my rifles.

I think Stoneman needs two shirt tails cut off, lol.

Just ribbing Stoneman!

Re: Need a dog - 02/05/20 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by WmHunter
I don't like doing calculations either but do sight 1" high at 100 in all my rifles.

I think Stoneman needs two shirt tails cut off, lol.

Just ribbing Stoneman!

Lol, it’s all good. Hopefully he will make it without being shot down there until Sunday.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM