Aldeer.com

Riverdale Hunting Club still in existence?

Posted By: Sasquatch Lives

Riverdale Hunting Club still in existence? - 11/21/19 10:57 PM

Man I had a couple great spots down there years ago. Hunted down there nearly 30 years ago and it was really good hunting and affordable. Is it still in existence?
Posted By: Peach

Re: Riverdale Hunting Club still in existence? - 11/22/19 02:12 AM

I hunted a Riverdale Hunting Club around 30 years ago. It was off of Hwy 41 below Selma.
Posted By: G1Eagle

Re: Riverdale Hunting Club still in existence? - 11/22/19 02:16 AM

Pretty sure the old Riverdale is now a Special Opportunity Area owned by the state.
https://www.outdooralabama.com/sites/default/files/Cedar%20Creek%20SOA%20Unit%20Map.pdf
Posted By: Festus

Re: Riverdale Hunting Club still in existence? - 11/22/19 03:12 AM

If it's the one I'm thinking of....I thought it was a timber company club for its employees and some additional members. Was on the west side of 41.
Posted By: hayman

Re: Riverdale Hunting Club still in existence? - 11/22/19 04:30 AM

If it is still in existence it’s not gonna be affordable.
Posted By: Johnal3

Re: Riverdale Hunting Club still in existence? - 11/22/19 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by hayman
If it is still in existence it’s not gonna be affordable.

Sure it will be! Go pay whatever it is and hunt with the sweetest man and woman you ever
met. popcorn
Posted By: lectrode

Re: Riverdale Hunting Club still in existence? - 11/22/19 12:43 PM

They are Legendary !!!
Posted By: centralala

Re: Riverdale Hunting Club still in existence? - 11/22/19 12:46 PM

I thought this hunting clubs drama had played out on here in the past?
Posted By: Peach

Re: Riverdale Hunting Club still in existence? - 11/22/19 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Festus
If it's the one I'm thinking of....I thought it was a timber company club for its employees and some additional members. Was on the west side of 41.

Almost all of it was on the west side of 41. There was a small piece on the east side. I really didnt think the deer hunting was that good at Riverdale back then. I hunted near Portland and across the river near Cahaba. Both were way better hunting than Riverdale was. The turkey hunting was pretty good!
Posted By: daylate

Re: Riverdale Hunting Club still in existence? - 11/22/19 01:57 PM

I was in Riverdale when it changed to Fawn's Hope. All of the existing members were told to scram, including my brother and me. We sold our camp and moved on. I think Fawns Hope lasted about a year and then it was split into multiple leases and different clubs due to infighting. I still have not encountered prettier woods in Alabama than that place had. It was loaded with deer but as with most clubs, anything that reached 3 years old had a decent rack and was killed. It could have been something really special but never made it there.
Posted By: daylate

Re: Riverdale Hunting Club still in existence? - 11/22/19 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by G1Eagle
Pretty sure the old Riverdale is now a Special Opportunity Area owned by the state.
https://www.outdooralabama.com/sites/default/files/Cedar%20Creek%20SOA%20Unit%20Map.pdf

That is it. The cleaning station was our sign in board and skinning rack/fishing pond.
Posted By: jellyhead

Re: Riverdale Hunting Club still in existence? - 11/22/19 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by daylate

That is it. The cleaning station was our sign in board and skinning rack/fishing pond.

My buddy got drawn for a turkey hunt on Cedar creek (we killed a bird) , but I was not to overly impressed with the property. I am sure some of it was great , but what I saw was meh.
Posted By: Dallas County

Re: Riverdale Hunting Club still in existence? - 11/22/19 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Peach
Originally Posted by Festus

Almost all of it was on the west side of 41. There was a small piece on the east side. I really didnt think the deer hunting was that good at Riverdale back then. I hunted near Portland and across the river near Cahaba. Both were way better hunting than Riverdale was. The turkey hunting was pretty good!

That small piece on the east side was in the corner of 41 and 89. We owned the next piece of property on 89 (Richmond) and killed some monster bucks backstanding those guys having deer drives. I'm pretty sure Miller Lumber Company owned it back then, but none of the owners of the saw mill really hunted.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Riverdale Hunting Club still in existence? - 11/22/19 06:51 PM

That area was special to me growing up.
Posted By: BIG-AL

Re: Riverdale Hunting Club still in existence? - 11/22/19 09:43 PM

That is where I first started deer hunting Bach in the late 70’s.
Our camp was at the intersection of 41 and 89. There was some
Serious outlaws back then. Those guys didn’t think nothing about
Night hunting.
Posted By: Sasquatch Lives

Re: Riverdale Hunting Club still in existence? - 11/23/19 01:22 AM

Yep that is it. I used to wear em out on section 1 and 2 down there. Beautiful bottomland. That place was full of bobcats too.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM