Aldeer.com

What would u do situation..

Posted By: Bcbama260

What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 01:46 PM

Let’s say your buddy has a good shooter on camera and is pretty regular but that same shooter also wanders up to “my” field which is probably a good 800 yards or more away. He’s killed many rack bucks in his years of hunting, I’ve only been hunting for three years now so no rack buck for me. If you happened to see this deer on “your” field would u let it walk due to your buddy having it as his number one on hitlist or would u kill it if u had the shot....
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 01:49 PM

popcorn

12 pages
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by 257wbymag
popcorn

12 pages

Word
Posted By: jb20

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 01:54 PM

Kill it...nobody owns a deer...me n my buddy was getting ready to hunt once he was in my driveway and I was walking inside he sees a nice buck jump the rd n grabs his gun I looked at it n said shoot it...dropped it...at the time it would've been my best but i happy he killed it...people get to weird about a damn deer..theys plenty of deer especially during rut when they travel miles
Posted By: crocker

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 01:55 PM

Not his deer. Give him his space on his spot....everything else is fair game.
Posted By: sj22

I’d bust him! It ain’t your buddies deer
Posted By: ikillbux

BANG!!!!!!!! Graveyard that sucker the split second he steps out, anywhere on the club. I wouldn't go in "his spot" and hunt, persay, but I'd kill THAT DEER anywhere else on the club.

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 01:57 PM

Private land. Kinda one of those you have your field and I won’t hunt it and I have mine situations.
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 01:58 PM

It comes by your stand and you like it , shoot it.

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 01:58 PM

I personally told him if I see him it ain’t no way in hell I can let him walk.

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Bcbama260
Private land. Kinda one of those you have your field and I won’t hunt it and I have mine situations.

If it's his land I'd ask him, cuz u don't wanna lose a place to hunt...but if y'all leased together I'd shoot it
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 02:00 PM

Shoot it. Then cut its sack off and go lay them on your buddy's windshield.

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 02:01 PM

Leased together. But I still just have my own issues with it because I would kinda feel bad... but at the same time.....
Posted By: Remington270

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 02:02 PM

I would kinda feel bad...

Then don't do it. Why would you kill a deer you'd feel bad about killing?
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 02:03 PM

If I got the chance I’d shoot him. It isn’t your buddies deer until he puts it on the ground and gets his hands on it. If he is a real buddy he will be excited for you and glad one of y’all got it.

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 02:05 PM

Leased together. But I still just have my own issues with it because I would kinda feel bad... but at the same time.....

Just cuz u have one on camera dont make it yours...i don't even have a camera out...it wouldn't be fair if i was hunting with someone who did and then they claimed possession of a wild creature cuz of a photo
Posted By: James

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 02:08 PM

Why? I'm sure everyone else surrounding you has his pics also. Damn game cams, it all changed when folks started naming & claiming deer lmao 🤣

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 02:08 PM

He’s all for it just to be clear. Just figured I’d open this can of worms on this rainy day.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 02:09 PM

He’s killed many rack bucks in his years of hunting, I’ve only been hunting for three years now so no rack buck for me.

So let me get this straight. One guy has killed a ton of deer, and the newer guy has never even killed one with antlers, and the seasoned hunter gets to kill another buck to throw on the pile? You might need a new friend laugh

If he owned the land, it would be a different story.
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 02:11 PM

He’s all for it just to be clear.

Then why in the wide wide world of sports are we even having this discussion? If you see that deer, send him off to that great corn crib in the sky.

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 02:18 PM

Rainy day boredom. Ain’t nobody in the woods today so why not start some chit 😂
Posted By: jmudler

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 02:19 PM

Does he hunt with a crossbow? Do you bait? During the day or night? So many answered questions.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 02:25 PM

Hell you are hunting aren’t you? The reason I go hunting is to kill something if I want to.
Posted By: Whild_Bill

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 02:29 PM

I’d center pinch him
Posted By: okfuski

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 02:42 PM

On our place we don't have "claimed" deer. Every deer is open for any of us that wants to shoot it or has a shot at it. And we are all excited for whoever ends up shooting one. Our rule is if it makes you happy then shoot it.
Posted By: LetOff

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 02:44 PM

I don't understand the question.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 02:47 PM

I have let good bucks walk that a friend was hunting, then told him where the buck was. I have had a good friend let a big buck walk that I was hunting that he could of killed easily. He was happy when I killed the deer a week later.

It depends of the local situation to me. Who owns the land? Friends or just folks in the same club?
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 02:52 PM

Your buddy dont own the deer, if its eating your groceries on your field, its your deer. If your friend gets mad at you for killing the deer on your place in the situation you described, he needs to get a life. Plus, if youre scared to say "hey old friend, if I see your #1 buck, im gona kill him because I like deer hunting too" next time you and your buddy are talking over this seasons hopes and expectations, then you need to grow you a set. Thats just my opinion though.
Posted By: mzzy

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 02:58 PM

I wish ignorance was painful
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 03:00 PM

My buddies know that even if they're hunting on my place if a stud walks out you better kill him while you have the chance. Same thing for if I'm hunting at their place. We don't let shooter deer walk period.
Posted By: LetOff

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by mzzy

I wish ignorance was painful

Now THAT is too funny !!

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 03:06 PM

I had a friend in Green Co, landowner where I hunted. I passed up a LOT of bucks on that land. One day I jumped a big buck near the road. Old boy had picked a bedding spot where no one travelled. I told the landowner where he was and exactly how to kill him, 135" 200# eight point, damn good deer for that area. He went in there one day and jumped the deer, said he didn't look as big as I said and never went back. He also didn't go the way I said to, wrong route and wrong time. He didn't go back to hunt him.

Three weeks later I caught the wind just right and slipped in right before dark and caught him checking out the does in a nearby greenfield. 250 yard shot and he was mine. Dang "friend" got mad as all hell, the buck scored 134, clean eight right at 200#. I quit hunting with him, never killed another deer on his place. Don't need that drama.
Posted By: NSDQ160

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 03:10 PM

My lease partner and I have a clear understanding.... no calling deer, stands, days etc. It's first come first serve. We have a sign in board and everything just like a club. It just leaves nothing to question. Also we share all intel (cameras, sightings, etc). I know that is an honor system but I adhere to it strictly and I know at least the pictures are done 100% because its my cameras that are on the lease. I just feel like it makes for a better hunting experience. You can't ever feel bad or be jealous of what you or anyone else shoots.

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 03:11 PM

Simple question of what would you do.... I’ve already stated I know what I will do and how my good friend feels about it. Simply posted to see others thoughts if they was in a situation like this.
Posted By: UAHunter31

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 03:16 PM

Not a chance. If he's really your buddy he would be excited for you if you killed it anyways!
Posted By: Madmax0818

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by 257wbymag
popcorn

12 pages

Oh lord this will be good.
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 03:34 PM

I would let him pass until a few week into gun season but I have killed enough big bucks. I have a big buck now that is on the feeder every morning and I am staying away from him until my buddy (does not bow hunt) gets a chance during gun season.
Posted By: Lonster

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 03:35 PM

Never shoot a deer that someone else has claimed. Don’t forget, once claimed it is his deer from that point forward, so next year it is still his deer. You snooze, you lose.
Posted By: Ar1220

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 03:40 PM

Call him after the shot and let him help u drag it out
Posted By: jawbone

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 03:42 PM

If your buddy gets pissed because you shot the deer, he isn't much of a buddy, and you need to find others. If you are in your stand or a club stand, the deer is fair game to anyone that can hunt the land.
Posted By: tbest3

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 04:06 PM

You’re making it harder than it is. If you see a deer you want to kill, kill it. If you don’t want to kill it, don’t.
Posted By: tbest3

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Whild_Bill
I’d center pinch him

Good ol center pinch gets em every time.

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 04:18 PM

David, same guy that got mad at me for killing the buck...

After I moved to Bham I went down to visit in Greene Co, last couple days of turkey season. Didn't take any thing hunting related. Next to last day of season I was alone at friends hunting lodge, I decided to go listen for a turkey. I scrounged up a call, shotgun and cam jacket. Drove down to land and walked out on a ridge overlooking hundreds of acres of hardwood swamp. I yelped on the box and a bird answered 300 yards out. I walked down to the edge of the water and yelped, he gobbled 100 yards out. I leaned back against a tree, decided to shoot him if he came to the creeks edge 30 yards away. The gobbler walked out up creek, then flew to my side 25 yards away. BOOM. Dead bird, elapsed tim 30 min. "Friend" had a hissy fit. He said he had hunted that bird all season and was planning on killing him the next morning. I asked what made him think he could kill that bird the next morning after he had hunted him all season without coming close to killing him.

Damn. Never went hunting with him again...and we had been very close friends(I thought), for many years.
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 04:19 PM

My uncle and I hunt on ajoining properties. Ive helped him load two deer I was trying to kill into the back of his side by side. It happens. But there is always another one or a bigger one out there. Just be happy for them and go on. We dont get a chance at a good one every day and we dont pass them up.
Posted By: hallb

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 04:28 PM

If a shooter comes by and you are a guest hunting on my land with my permission, then you shoot him if you like him. Now, if you're my "buddy" who thinks he can just go hunt my property anytime w/out letting me know - well, you damn well better have some sweat equity time (or $$ of your own) on that property...a lot of it.
Posted By: MC21

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 04:43 PM

A real friend would encourage you to shoot it if you saw it a and then help you drag it out
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 05:02 PM

I would call my buddy to help me drag the deer to my truck.
Posted By: jmudler

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by MC21
A real friend would encourage you to shoot it if you saw it a and then help you drag it out

Yep. "My deer" is when you shoot it, recover it, legally. Everything is BS.
Posted By: walt4dun

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 05:35 PM

Kill him - I would be happy for my friend
Posted By: BCLC

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 05:53 PM

If you got him on cam I’d go ahead and call the tracking dog.

Good luck with that buck, I’d choot him if I were you. thumbup
Posted By: 87dixieboy

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 05:59 PM

Drop the hammer. Same thing happened to me and my hunting buddy several years ago. We were specifically hunting an area in hopes one of us would get the shot. I happened to be the lucky one. He helped me drag it out and we celebrated with a ribeye and stout whisky drink that night.
Posted By: jono23

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 06:04 PM

All these threads make me do is realize I'm hunting the wrong place...

If I saw enough bucks to contemplate passing on one because it "was my friends deer", Idk what I'd do with myself.
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 06:22 PM

communication is key in any relationship ... i personally have a SPOKEN, agreed-upon rule with all of my hunting "buddy's" -- whoever gets to him first needs to take him ... applies to deer, turkey, whatever ... and whoever gets it, the other is happy for him ... this rule has worked very well for me & my buddy's for a long time ...
Posted By: ridgestalker

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 06:25 PM

Stupid question. Nothing personal

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 06:50 PM

Was more of a hypothetical question to see others views. Me and him have been friends many many years and have discussed it and yes whoever sees him better lay his ass down has been the mutual agreement. I’m hoping to get a shot at him Sunday.
Posted By: Stob

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 06:55 PM

I'd kill it and then kill it again.
Posted By: Jstocks

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 06:57 PM

Would you be happy with the deer if these outside personal circumstances weren’t present?

If so, then you should really consider killing the deer.
The way I treat my friends is if I knew you had not killed a racked buck, I’d be trying to put you on the most killable deer we have on camera. If that happened to be the one I was hunting, then I’d be happier that you killed it than if I killed it myself.

If this guy is your friend, he’ll be happy you killed it. If he’s not your friend, then you’ll find out and then you need to move on from that relationship because it will always be one sided.

You have nothing to lose by killing the deer.
Posted By: Sasquatch Lives

Re: What would u do situation.. - 10/31/19 11:51 PM

If you can't shoot the deer, why are you even out there hunting. Tell me where this is and I'll come blast it
Posted By: 1bamashooter

Re: What would u do situation.. - 11/01/19 12:36 AM

Bust his ass and post it all over Facebook so your neighbors know you killed it
Posted By: bigcountry692001

Re: What would u do situation.. - 11/01/19 01:35 AM

Simple question of what would you do.... I’ve already stated I know what I will do and how my good friend feels about it. Simply posted to see others thoughts if they was in a situation like this.

Imma let one fly and tell my buddy to do the same.
Posted By: Conecuhbuckz4

Re: What would u do situation.. - 11/01/19 01:37 AM

I’d kill him and then rag my buddy about it.
Posted By: BamaGrad85

Re: What would u do situation.. - 11/01/19 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by Bustinbeards
If I got the chance I’d shoot him. It isn’t your buddies deer until he puts it on the ground and gets his hands on it. If he is a real buddy he will be excited for you and glad one of y’all got it.

^^THIS^^
Posted By: DeerNutz0U812_

Re: What would u do situation.. - 11/01/19 01:46 AM

Daddy always said you find out who your TRUE friends are when you go hunting or fishing with em.... smirk When you lease a property together there is No MY field or Your field and if that's the case I would be looking for a new Hunting buddy..... smile Piss on that deer he can have him.....unless he comes by me first.... gun
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: What would u do situation.. - 11/01/19 02:15 AM

Yo field, kill it..
Posted By: Cummins

Re: What would u do situation.. - 11/01/19 02:24 AM

Shoot it ! While in college I stayed summers and worked for a man who owned a mechanic shop. I helped him build roads, plant, and whatever he wanted me to do (I was the grunt boy). He and 3 of his buddies leased some good land and told me I could hunt with him some. Long story short, I ask him if I could hunt the last day of season as he wasnt going. He said sure, come by and get the keys to gate. Well it stormed all night and was still raining when I woke up. I decided to go but thought if its still raining I gonna just drive back. Well it slacked off and I went to our closet shooting house where I had to cross the bridge I toted and did most of the grunt work. I walked up to the shooting house took a piss and climbed up in it. It was still dark, and I went to sleep for a bit. Woke up and looked across the foot plot and could see the bride to my right with water rolling down that creek. The rain stopped and then came a beautiful early morning blue sky. I sat there for about hour, and decided to head on back to the truck...I thought Im not gonna see a see who am I fooling. I walked back across the bridge stopped and layed my rifle over my forearm and as I was putting in a big ole dip, and big arse buck walked right of of the pine thicket on the logging road I was then standing on with his nose to the ground. He walked out 60 yrds from me heading right at me but nose to the ground. I eased the old 270 up and took the shot, and the rest was history. I was by myself and finally got him out of the woods (no fourwheeler) back to the truck and was hell getting him on the bed of my truck. Then called the man I worked for and he told me to bring it by the shop. Once he saw the 9 point his facial expression told the story, and didnt seem to happy about it, and had been after that deer. I never ask to hunt with him again nor did I do anymore grunt work. Pure luck killing that buck ! Dang this was a long story.
Posted By: Spec

Re: What would u do situation.. - 11/01/19 02:45 AM

What the heck happened to hunting a good deer to put a lil meat in the freezer? If you did kill a goodun you just propped his head up higher than the truck bed, leave the garage door open when you cleaned him (shut it if it was a doe) or strap to hood of the car and drive around town. I miss the days when my grandpa, uncle and dad would send us down a road with an old 16 gauge and a handful of buckshot. If someone killed a deer with horns higher than his ears everyone was excited and grandpa would tell all his friends at church on Sunday morning (especially if one of the grand boys killed it).
Posted By: Clem

Re: What would u do situation.. - 11/01/19 02:52 AM

He’s all for it just to be clear.

Let's recap:

You and a buddy leased some property for hunting.

He's killed a bunch of bucks, you have not.

He has a nice buck showing up on camera on "his" field, since apparently y'all have "my area" and "his area." (That makes ZERO sense to me for leasing property to hunt but so be it).

You've told him if you see the buck you'd "not let it walk."

He is "all for it, just to be clear" about whether you can/could/should shoot it on "your" area.

You feel bad about this possibility.

If you see the buck you should wave and spook it onto your lease partner's "area" so he can kill it. Then you'll feel better.
Posted By: Frankie

Re: What would u do situation.. - 11/01/19 08:51 AM

Id kill him twice .lol
Posted By: UncleHuck

Re: What would u do situation.. - 11/01/19 10:45 AM

If you don't want me to shoot a nice buck, you best not invite me to hunt with you.

I hunt legal, and will follow your age rules, but if I see a good deer, I'm gonna make a hole in him. I've seen me do it.
Posted By: Narrow Gap

Re: What would u do situation.. - 11/01/19 11:29 AM

Choot Em
Posted By: Cooperjohn

Re: What would u do situation.. - 11/01/19 07:05 PM

I understand that he has the deer as his number 1 deer.
But I would shoot it in a heartbeat.
I hunt multiable lands, and have several
Good bucks on trail cam. But it ain't very often
You kill that number 1 buck.
I will say I have killed some good bucks I have
On camera. When you do kill one like that it does
Make it special. Shoot it if the chance occurs.
Posted By: ford150man

Re: What would u do situation.. - 11/04/19 11:00 PM

I let a really large 8 walk once because I wanted my son to possibly get a chance at him the next day. He was supposed to have been with me that day but decided not to go at the last minute. It would have been my best deer. I watched the buck feed about 30 yards away from me for a solid 45 minutes. We never saw him again. Who’s to say the same wouldn’t happen to y’all with this deer?
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: What would u do situation.. - 11/05/19 12:55 AM

I didn’t read past this line because I don’t follow the logic.

You paid your $
Assuming you put equal share of your work time in
You see a shooter 1/2 mile from where he’s hunting.
You kill the deer.

100% chance he wouldn’t pass him up if it roles were switched.

Dr. B
Posted By: UncleHuck

Re: What would u do situation.. - 11/05/19 02:01 AM

I passed the best buck on our place 3 times last year, hoping my wife could shoot him.

Last pic last season was her walking away from the camera, then him walking same direction an hour later. We "discussed" that I ain't passing another good deer just to hope that she sees it.
Posted By: daniel white

Re: What would u do situation.. - 11/05/19 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by UncleHuck

I passed the best buck on our place 3 times last year, hoping my wife could shoot him.

Last pic last season was her walking away from the camera, then him walking same direction an hour later. We "discussed" that I ain't passing another good deer just to hope that she sees it.

Yup, I done the same on a buck for my GF, never seen it again. Good bucks are like gobblers, if me and a buddy’s is hunting, first one that has a kill shot, take it!
Posted By: fireman176

Re: What would u do situation.. - 11/06/19 12:02 AM

Let’s say your buddy has a good shooter on camera and is pretty regular but that same shooter also wanders up to “my” field which is probably a good 800 yards or more away. He’s killed many rack bucks in his years of hunting, I’ve only been hunting for three years now so no rack buck for me. If you happened to see this deer on “your” field would u let it walk due to your buddy having it as his number one on hitlist or would u kill it if u had the shot....

Kill him and tell your buddy you have had pictures of same buck on your plot a lot longer than he had pictures on his plot.
Posted By: olemossy

Re: What would u do situation.. - 11/06/19 12:37 AM

Good lord shoot him without hesitation. A real friend will be as happy as you are at your good fortune. If hes mad phuck him.and feed him fish food.

Life is too short not to have some good luck and enjoy it.

Re: What would u do situation.. - 11/06/19 01:43 AM

It’s been said either one of us see him bust him. There’s several bucks on the property. My main one disappeared which we have bigger issues now because a camera got stolen this past week and it’s not the easiest place to get to. Even with a atv or rzr it’s a task.

Re: What would u do situation.. - 11/06/19 02:42 AM

It’s been said either one of us see him bust him. There’s several bucks on the property. My main one disappeared which we have bigger issues now because a camera got stolen this past week and it’s not the easiest place to get to. Even with a atv or rzr it’s a task.

I'd look at the closet neighbor and set bait for em

Re: What would u do situation.. - 11/06/19 12:45 PM

That’s the plan jb I’m pretty sure it’s some kids because they ride wheelers up and down the road it’s only about 4 houses on that road and the 300 or so acres we have
© 2024 ALDEER.COM