Aldeer.com

Game Warden Question

Posted By: BradB

Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 04:01 PM

Just got back from my place in Alabama to put in food plots and found out to my dismay that my "neighbor" who has a total of 4 acres surrounded on all four sides by my farm(320 acres) has a new shooting house in his backyard and has the back acre planted in corn, soybeans and grain strips. Looks like something out of a QDMA magazine. Anyway, since I am not to keen on him spending the next few months shooting the deer I spend a lot of time and money on I have about concluded I am gonna have to do something about it. One option is to high fence around his property which I don't have time for or want to spend the money on. Option two is to put feeders out on my property near his line. I can put two feeders up within 50 yards of his stand and not impact my hunting at all.

So my question for the game warden is if the corn is within 50 yards of his stand, the feeder is clearly visible from his stand and I make him aware of the fact it is there, will he be legally hunting over bait even though the bait is not on his property?
Posted By: ArtisticWhitetails

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 04:10 PM

Why would you do such a thing??
You have 320 acres and worried bout some local hunting his 4???
I don't get it.
Posted By: Valleyhunter106

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 04:17 PM

Wow! Really! So that guy spends the time to make his 4 acres the best he can and gets punished by his neighbor because he thinks he is stealing the deer or something. C'mon now.
Posted By: gunslinger

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 04:23 PM

In my humble opinion, if he did that, BradB should be charged with 9-11-270, Interference with persons legally hunting or fishing.

http://alisondb.legislature.state.al.us/acas/CodeOfAlabama/1975/9-11-270.htm
Posted By: timsmith

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 04:26 PM

so, let me get this thing straight in my head, you have 320 acres and spend your money to improve your land and your neighbor has 4 acres and he spends his money to improve his land, but because you have more land you think you are entitled to stoop to underhanded deeds such as putting out feeders 50 yards from his stand, to stop him from hunting his own property. Shame on you!
Posted By: 49er

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 04:28 PM

Brad B,
Quote:
... So my question for the game warden is if the corn is within 50 yards of his stand, the feeder is clearly visible from his stand and I make him aware of the fact it is there, will he be legally hunting over bait even though the bait is not on his property?

In Alabama, the affected "area" remains undefined even though it is several years after a previous DCNR commissioner, a WFF director, and a DCNR enforcement section chief promised a judge that they would come up with a defintion of "area".

If the game warden sees your feeder, he may very well rely on his own discretion and declare your whole little farm as being within the affected "area". You weren't planning to hunt there were you?

If so, you need to ask for a depredation baiting permit so the game warden will turn his head while you hunt over bait but charge your neighbor with violating the law for "hunting over bait without the DCNR's permission" [btw: I can't cite that law because there ain't one]. He may very well require you to leave the deer to rot in your fields as a condition of using the permit though.

Any questions? grin
Posted By: doecommander

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 04:32 PM

He has more rights to the deer than you because he is a resident of Alabama. Sounds like he is helping the deer more than you. You are just interested in planting "Kill Plots". Maybe he should run you off.
Posted By: RCHRR

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 04:39 PM

Brad B,
If I owned that 4 acres and I worked my tail off to make it the best it can be and you pulled that crap then you would not be able to hunt your 320 acres legally again due to the amount of yellow acorns that would show up on your place followed by the Alabama Game Wardens. There are a lot more dark nights that you are not able to get up to this state than when you can. Get real the man is legal so leave it alone.

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 04:40 PM

Originally Posted By: doecommander
He has more rights to the deer than you because he is a resident of Alabama. Sounds like he is helping the deer more than you. You are just interested in planting "Kill Plots". Maybe he should run you off.

Maybe the deer are coming across the line from FL too!! Then what??

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 04:41 PM

Originally Posted By: RCHRR
Brad B,
If I owned that 4 acres and I worked my tail off to make it the best it can be and you pulled that crap then you would not be able to hunt your 320 acres legally again due to the amount of yellow acorns that would show up on your place followed by the Alabama Game Wardens. There are a lot more dark nights that you are not able to get up to this state than when you can. Get real the man is legal so leave it alone.

Well said. thumbup thumbup
Posted By: CKyleC

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 04:41 PM

This is deer jealousy. I hate it.

According to your thought process those are "your" deer just because you own more land. RIDICULOUS!

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 04:42 PM

Originally Posted By: 49er
Originally Posted By: doecommander

Smart Azz laughup
Posted By: Valleyhunter106

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 04:43 PM

I would have to say this post has bothered me more than anything I have ever read on here!
Posted By: todd w

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 04:48 PM

Why not just hunt the trails in and out of his place instead of keeping him from hunting his own land. You could benefit from his work as well as him.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 04:51 PM

If the neighbor were actually doing something illegal, (i.e. killing deer over bait on his 4 acres, or killing deer at night on his 4 acres) then you might have something to go with. If he isn't this is a sickening post. sick
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 05:15 PM

Being an absentee land owner , might be a good idea to get along with the guy. Talk to him ,he may be OK. By him planting that stuff he's prolly straight up. If he weren't he could hunt your place when you were back in Fl. no need to wait till they got onto his property. Like Matt said,^^^^^^^^^, until the guy does something illegal, get over it. crazy

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 05:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Valleyhunter106
I would have to say this post has bothered me more than anything I have ever read on here!

I see you're relatively new to aldeer.com.
It gets better than this sometimes. grin
Posted By: Sparky

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 05:21 PM

Originally Posted By: BradB
Just got back from my place in Alabama to put in food plots and found out to my dismay that my "neighbor" who has a total of 4 acres surrounded on all four sides by my farm(320 acres) has a new shooting house in his backyard and has the back acre planted in corn, soybeans and grain strips. Looks like something out of a QDMA magazine. Anyway, since I am not to keen on him spending the next few months shooting the deer I spend a lot of time and money on I have about concluded I am gonna have to do something about it. One option is to high fence around his property which I don't have time for or want to spend the money on. Option two is to put feeders out on my property near his line. I can put two feeders up within 50 yards of his stand and not impact my hunting at all.

So my question for the game warden is if the corn is within 50 yards of his stand, the feeder is clearly visible from his stand and I make him aware of the fact it is there, will he be legally hunting over bait even though the bait is not on his property?

This is EXACTLTY what is wrong with hunting today. This putz thinks he is entitled to kill deer that he "spent a lot of time and money on". Do us all a favor and spend your time and money on your Florida deer. We don't need hunters with this attitude in Alabama.

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 05:28 PM

Dang!!

Do I hear echoes from dog hunters and non-qdm hunters and buck limit arguments being resurected? This argument sounds familiar for some reason.
Posted By: Snuffy

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 05:28 PM

Originally Posted By: todd w
Why not just hunt the trails in and out of his place instead of keeping him from hunting his own land. You could benefit from his work as well as him.

X2 VERY GOOD POST Todd thats exactly what I would do.
Posted By: BDhunts

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 05:50 PM

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

That would be underhanded and selfish. He has all the rights to hunt his own land. Sounds kinda chintzy to me.
Posted By: Clem

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 06:40 PM

Maybe instead of working against him, you could work with him to help each other and see if he will monitor your land - not hunt it, but help keep watch - for poachers or illegal activities.

He has 4 acres. You have 320. He's doing things, obviously, that he believes are helping him from a management strategy. You're doing the same things, by your account.

Unless there's some kind of prior bad blood, team up and help make each other's place somewhere both of you enjoy.

If you're in central Florida, pissing him off might not be the best thing for you if he knows you don't get up there often.

Good luck.

Quote:

Then the rut dates change!
Posted By: BamaBart

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 06:44 PM

Hell...just burn him out! confused
Posted By: CAM

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 06:54 PM

Originally Posted By: BamaBart
Hell...just burn him out! confused
laughup
Posted By: sethjamtoe

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Snuffy
Originally Posted By: todd w

X2 VERY GOOD POST Todd thats exactly what I would do.

x3!

Jackass is what comes to mind when I read this!
Posted By: WmHunter

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 07:28 PM

Burn 'em out!

No,just kidding.

Yes, it stinks. But welcome to Alabama.

You could bulldoze a 20 yard wide swath all
the way around that measley 4 acres on your side of the line
and line it with battery operated scarecrows. :)-
Posted By: hawgwild

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 07:41 PM

I don't think BradB got the answer he was looking for.

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 07:51 PM

I figured this might stir the pot a bit, but what would ya expect from a depraved, underhanded, selfish putz from Florida trying to keep a rightful Alabama resident from whacking his yard deer.Actually I was born and spent most of my life in Bama and the farm has been in my family for about 110 years, so I am not all carpetbagger. Putting a tower stand in your back yard 25 yards from your porch and planting a corn patch in a field has nothing to do with improving his property or managing a herd. Thats what I do on my land.It has everything to do with trying to get them in that field so he can whack them, there are darn sure no deer living on his property. Given the set up he could have a substantial impact on the population if he decides to shoot a bunch of does or young deer and every one of those deer will be coming off my property. There are also safety issues due to where he will be shooting. Call me what ya want but my opinion is 4 acres is to small to rifle hunt on.
Posted By: timsmith

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 08:01 PM

If there are no deer on his property then why worry about it
Posted By: coldtrail

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 08:09 PM

The deer are not owned by the property owners. They are not your deer no matter how much work, management or whatever you do. You don't have more of a right to shoot them than your neighbor. Get over it.
Posted By: Fun4all

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 08:10 PM

I figured this might stir the pot a bit, but what would ya expect from a depraved, underhanded, selfish putz from Florida trying to keep a rightful Alabama resident from whacking his yard deer.Actually I was born and spent most of my life in Bama and the farm has been in my family for about 110 years, so I am not all carpetbagger. Putting a tower stand in your back yard 25 yards from your porch and planting a corn patch in a field has nothing to do with improving his property or managing a herd. Thats what I do on my land.It has everything to do with trying to get them in that field so he can whack them, there are darn sure no deer living on his property. Given the set up he could have a substantial impact on the population if he decides to shoot a bunch of does or young deer and every one of those deer will be coming off my property. There are also safety issues due to where he will be shooting. Call me what ya want but my opinion is 4 acres is to small to rifle hunt on.

You have every right to manage your property the way you want. HOWEVER, he also has every right to manage his property the way he wants. If you don't like him being there buy him out, til then grow up or swap him your 320 acres for his 4 acres, I am sure he would go for that!

Or, manage your property so there will be no reason for the State of Alabama deer to go to his property.
Posted By: Clem

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 08:13 PM

Quote:
Looks like something out of a QDMA magazine.

Your quote seems to indicate he did more than throw up a tower and plant a corn patch.

Thus, some of the responses, including mine.

So, is he a deer-blasting moocher with a tower and corn patch or has he improved his 4 acres with some kind of serious management plan that may or may not impact your 320?

Either way, maybe talking with him would be a start to something at least somewhat amicable.

Agreed that a rifle on 4 acres amid your 320 might give you the willies, though.

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 08:15 PM

BradB,
Quote:
.. Anyway, since I am not to keen on him spending the next few months shooting the deer I spend a lot of time and money on I have about concluded I am gonna have to do something about it. One option is to high fence around his property which I don't have time for or want to spend the money on.

Maybe next year you should build that fence and cut back on the other stuff that ain't working for you. If the deer are leaving your property for his, then he's doing something right that you aren't doing.

Putting up a fence is a good qdm practice anyhow. All that qdm research you read about comes from studies of deer in enclosures, so, to get it right, don't leave out the important ingredients.

Your neighbor seems to be a better business minded man than you. With our qdm buck limit harvest thingy rule, it don't matter how much land you have or how much time and money you spend... you still get three bucks. Whether you have 40 acres or 320 ... it's still three bucks. Whether you have 320 ac. or 32000 ac.... it's still three bucks. Keep that in mind when you are spending all that money.

Now, since you are management-minded, let's talk about deer density. Assuming you have a deer density of 30 deer per sq. mi., you have a total of 15 deer on your property which is .5 sq. mi. in size. You are a management-minded hunter, so I'm sure you have a 1:1 ratio of bucks and does by now. That gives you 7 or 8 bucks to work with, and you don't need to kill but a third of the does to keep things balanced.

You get to kill 3 bucks and you can kill 3 does without much harm done... unless you've got a lot of coyotes. Then you might want to hold off some on the does.

Since you have only 7 bucks, and you kill only the three most mature, looks like you are out of balance again. If three of your young bucks go to the neighbor's land and he kills three young bucks, that's the only choice he had. At least you've got one buck left to breed your two or three does that are left.

So, who got the best bang for their buck? (no pun intended... NOT grin)

Put that fence up before all this happens to you. Do it now!!!
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 08:31 PM

We have a farm, and I put a lot of time and money into working on it. If one of our neighbors planted his 4 acres with soybeans and corn to improve the nutrition for deer, I'd be thrilled. If you think that by having more land than him entitles you to anything, you are wrong. He has just as much right to hunt his 4 acres as you have to hunt yours.

I'd be real careful about pissing the guy off with a high fence. If he's not doing anything illegal, and nothing you described is, then you pissing off the man who lives beside your property is not going to work out the way you want it to.
Posted By: frezznh2o

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 08:45 PM

ever think all he wants is a couple does for the freezer? what if the guy next to you had 5000 acres and thought you were stealing "his" deer? you need to stop being a crybaby and thank God your family left you with a place to hunt for FREE! I for one would love to have your problem.
Posted By: Gwilson

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 08:49 PM

Originally Posted By: RCHRR
Brad B,

X2. You better be glad you don't hunt around me because what this guy said is exactly what would end up happening here if not something much worse!

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 08:51 PM

thumbup Good post!
Originally Posted By: frezznh2o
ever think all he wants is a couple does for the freezer? what if the guy next to you had 5000 acres and thought you were stealing "his" deer? you need to stop being a crybaby and thank God your family left you with a place to hunt for FREE! I for one would love to have your problem.
Posted By: akbejeepin

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 09:18 PM

Thats pretty sorry BradB.

Live like that and you can be assured you will get the returned favor at some point. Best of luck with that.

Chances are the guy hunts a couple of times a year and you are acting like he is running a pay hunt operation (not that it should matter).
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 10:33 PM

so BradB, ya got a bunch of hard ass answers that have nothing yo do with yer actual question.......

the answer is he would be hunting illegally over bait, if it was visible from his property and he knew about it. Period.

troy

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 10:35 PM

I don't think anybody could get around to answering the question cause their hackles stood up. shocked

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 10:50 PM

troy and Matt,

I answered his question truthfully with my first post in this thread:
Quote:
In Alabama, the affected "area" remains undefined even though it is several years after a previous DCNR commissioner, a WFF director, and a DCNR enforcement section chief promised a judge that they would come up with a defintion of "area".

If the game warden sees your feeder, he may very well rely on his own discretion and declare your whole little farm as being within the affected "area". You weren't planning to hunt there were you?

If so, you need to ask for a depredation baiting permit so the game warden will turn his head while you hunt over bait but charge your neighbor with violating the law for "hunting over bait without the DCNR's permission" [btw: I can't cite that law because there ain't one]. He may very well require you to leave the deer to rot in your fields as a condition of using the permit though.

Any questions?

Here's what I based my answer on:

Supreme Court of Alabama
March 10, 2000
Phillips v State
Quote:
...Because we conclude that a conviction under § 9-11-244 requires a showing that the defendant either knew or should have known that the area over which he was hunting was baited, the trial court erred in instructing the jury that Phillips could be found guilty even without proof that he baited the field or knew that the field was baited. Therefore, we remand this case for further proceedings consistent with this opinion.
Posted By: BDG

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 10:56 PM

I have 4.5 acres that I own and live on and wish the people around me would say something about me hunting it. I will also shoot from my yard if the right one walks out (mature doe or a good buck). One question though, how do you own the land on all 4 sides of him? Does he have a helicopter to get in and out of his place?
Posted By: moose75

Thats my 4 acres and I killed all 15 deer that lived on your land last year. Dont worry theres no deer left, you dont gotta spend anymore money. Would you like a backstrap?
Posted By: Shuter II

Looks like he can hunt near his home but you can't:

220­-2­-.139
Hunting or Discharging a Firearm Near a Dwelling, etc.

It shall be unlawful for any person to hunt or attempt to hunt within 100 yards of any dwelling belonging to another, whether occupied or not, without the permission of the owner or lessee of said dwelling. Provided further, it shall be unlawful for any person to discharge a firearm while hunting in such a manner that any projectile strikes any dwelling or building used for human occupation, whether occupied or not, or any commercial vessel, without the permission of the owner or lessee of said dwelling, building or vessel. This regulation shall not apply to a landowner or member of his or her immediate family hunting on his or her own property provided that no projectile strikes any of the above stated property of another without the permission of the owner or lessee of said property.

Statutory Authority: §§ 9-2-7, 9-2-8, and 9-2-12

Code of Alabama 1975

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 11:07 PM

Keep in mind, assuming the dwelling is near the center of the 40 acres, it would be a least 220 yards from any point on the property line to the center of the 40 acres. Move the house one way or the other and there is still ample room to be in compliance with that rule in most areas of Brad's 320 ac.

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 11:16 PM

BradB,
Quote:
...So my question for the game warden is if the corn is within 50 yards of his stand, the feeder is clearly visible from his stand and I make him aware of the fact it is there, will he be legally hunting over bait even though the bait is not on his property?

Without a defintion of "area" we don't know if it is legal or not:

GIACCIO v. PENNSYLVANIA
Supreme Court of United States
Decided January 19, 1966
Quote:
... It is established that a law fails to meet the requirements of the Due Process Clause if it is so vague and standardless that it leaves the public uncertain as to the conduct it prohibits or leaves judges and jurors free to decide, without any legally fixed standards, what is prohibited and what is not in each particular case. See, e. g., Lanzetta v. New Jersey, 306 U. S. 451; Baggett v. Bullitt, 377 U. S. 360.

If he knows the bait is on your property to the east, so he hunts the west side of his property with the house blocking his view of the feeder, is he out of the "area"?

Is an "area" 100 yds wide, 200 yds wide... (fill in the blank) yds wide? The Conservation Advisory Boards refused to make that decision when it was presented to them in a motion by one of it's own members. Bills in our legislature that would have defined an "area" have been introduced and were then allowed to die. So who knows?
Posted By: burbank

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 11:47 PM

Keep in mind, assuming the dwelling is near the center of the 40 acres, it would be a least 220 yards from any point on the property line to the center of the 40 acres. Move the house one way or the other and there is still ample room to be in compliance with that rule in most areas of Brad's 320 ac.

ummm....its 4 acres he owns, not 40.
Posted By: cj7deerslayer

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 11:48 PM

WOW just WOW Bradb all i can say is that im very happy not to have to hunt with anyone like you. i try to avoid insulting people but you make me embarrassed to be a deer hunter. i hope all of "your" deer hightail it over to his place. please stay in florida. unfortunatly i dont think the language to describe what you are is allowed on this site.
Posted By: Casenut

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 11:51 PM

I was in a filling station the other day, and that new Alabama hunting magazine was on the counter, the headline was "how to keep your neighbor from killing YOUR deer". Or something close to that. You may need to pick up a copy..........I passed smirk

It tickles the hockey (for the new friendlier aldeer) out of me to hear MY deer..................
Posted By: coon_killer

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 11:51 PM

if it was my 4 acres and knew you were acting like this a crow would'nt fly over it, and the deer would sneak by just peeping over the fence. if its brown its down.LOL
Posted By: Hogwild

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/24/11 11:52 PM

I am pretty certain that he said '4' acres, not '40'....

Pretty big difference there ol' buddy!

But, you are not one to let facts get in the way of a good arguement!!!! smile
Posted By: hopeful74

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/25/11 12:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Valleyhunter106

AMEN!!!
I mean, seriously, someone wanting to use his own land for something he enjoys?!!!! I think the 4 acre guy vs the 320 acre guy happened here before(in the 1780's). We know how that worked out for the 320's...

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/25/11 12:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Hogwild

I am pretty certain that he said '4' acres, not '40'....

Pretty big difference there ol' buddy!

But, you are not one to let facts get in the way of a good arguement!!!! smile

I stand corrected... and insulted. Do you feel better now?

Everything I say is based on what I honestly believe to be fact unless I indicate otherwise that it is in jest. And anyone who questions my integrity with such an insult is not my "ol' buddy". That is a fact.

Posted By: 40Bucks

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/25/11 12:25 AM

Maybe setting up a couple hundred yards from the property line gets them into bow range for you while they're still on your property....

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/25/11 12:28 AM

yeah maybe when u shoot one on your 320 it will run and die on his 4 and you will get prosecuted whe you go retrieve it.
Posted By: westflgator

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/25/11 12:29 AM

That's exactly what I was thinking when reading this. You fall into what I would call the GREEDY HUNTER category. The kind of guy that is usually only happy if he kills something, and is jealous of the success of others. This is the type of hunter that I work very hard to screen out, so that they don't wind up in our club.
Posted By: BD

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/25/11 12:35 AM

BradB, grow up.
Posted By: fromthedepths

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/25/11 12:45 AM

your a bad person
Posted By: ford150man

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/25/11 12:50 AM

"...You fall into what I would call the GREEDY HUNTER category...[/quote]

To me, he falls into that category that I call a PRICK.
Posted By: hopper35005

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/25/11 12:58 AM

BradB,
Do you even know 4 acre mans first name,he is probaly a really good guy,maybe you could have him come plant a corn field or two maybe even build you a shooting tower since you are so envious of his.we all know you fla boys cant plant anything except orange trees....but other than that 4 acre man could always buy 50 lbs of roofing nails and wallk your rds throwing nails like sowing seed.
Posted By: LSB

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/25/11 01:07 AM

We got a guy in our club that's the same way. Me and another friend of mine went to help him look for a deer he shot at. He left his gun at his stand we were toting ours. While looking a bunch of hogs came running in me and my buddy killed3 of them. Then he got mad said we was killing his animals in his hunting spot. Last I checked I pay same dues to. Im happy for anybody that gets to kill some meat for the table. Some people can just be real buttheads.

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/25/11 01:08 AM

he might even let you stump break one of his cows.

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/25/11 01:12 AM

did someone mention stump breaking cows....count me in ,them fla boys dont know anything about that either...you better save some deer for me coonkiller I heard you got that bow fired up
Posted By: headshot

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/25/11 01:16 AM

maybe the man has kids that hunt his land. sell yours and leave him alone! o you cant becouse its family land. i bet your the outcast.what does the rest of the family think? i bet grandpaw would beat your azz!

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/25/11 01:16 AM

i dont know about deer but you know its plenty cows in the front yard. MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/25/11 01:18 AM

when you were at home in fl. the q beam would come out.

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/25/11 01:18 AM

yall got any calves out there your stumps aint big enough for the full grown ones

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/25/11 01:19 AM

the big black one is mine!

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/25/11 01:21 AM

plenty 5 gallon buckets, but you have to be careful they will kick them out from you

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/25/11 01:23 AM

I want one that has the shat all over its rearend ....I like them nasty

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/25/11 01:27 AM

im going to bed on that one. hurry up and get down here so we can kill something. im gonna need help loadin a big doe after all this surgery.
Posted By: cullbuck

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/25/11 01:27 AM

put up a fence.
Posted By: metalmuncher

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/25/11 01:30 AM

Wow! This is unbelievable. Kinda reminds me of Walmart putting the local tire store or grocery store, etc. out of business.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/25/11 01:35 AM

Sounds like you outta change your name to Brad Muschamp you Florida crybaby!
Posted By: bassakwards

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/25/11 01:42 AM

Wow you got to give it to Brad B.. He got more stirred up with his topic question, than anything in a long time... This even beats the clorax and the extending the hunting season thru Feb. debates....

You know where we hunt.. we have 17,000 acres and I think there is a house next to our land that has an acre... I think Im going to bring up Brad's ideas of putting up feeders and high fences..If you dont have more land then us, then you cant hunt..

That is just the New American Way....
Posted By: Gwilson

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/25/11 01:44 AM

Originally Posted By: 257wbymag
Sounds like you outta change your name to Brad Muschamp you Florida crybaby!

laughup

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/25/11 01:48 AM

yeah coonkiller we will be down that way before long and I will hope you load .....as long as we aint dragging an ole slick head up them steep hollers down there by the creek
Posted By: Tru-Talker

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/25/11 02:29 AM

Why don't you ask the government for eminent domain rights and take over his land! Won't cost you a penny.... Now you will have 324 acres of family land. Sounds like the solution to me. Then they can all be YOUR deer!

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/25/11 02:44 AM

Guys , i think BradB has left the building. whats the over/under on when he will post again?

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/25/11 02:45 AM

I bet you 320 to 4 he doesn't!! grin

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/25/11 02:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Tru-Talker
I bet you 320 to 4 he doesn't!! grin

now that's funny. does he know 320 acres isn't that much land ?
Posted By: bloodtrail

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/25/11 03:56 AM

He should know that every track of land grater than 1.5 acres in Alabama gets hunted.
If you don't like your neighbors hunting than maybe you should buy some land in Nevada.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/25/11 11:14 AM

If we could find out who the guy with the 4 acres is and all kick in $20 for him, maybe he could lease the land all the way around Brads farm.
Posted By: Vulkanman

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/25/11 07:35 PM

Uhmmm....

I think you must have a minimum of 40 contiguous acres to hunt legally?
Posted By: TwoToes_Hunter

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/25/11 07:45 PM

I feel sorry for the guy now.
Posted By: sethjamtoe

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/25/11 07:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Vulkanman
Uhmmm....

Says who??

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/25/11 08:32 PM

I thought I had read it in a regulation book somewhere, maybe one of our legal-beagles knows?

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/25/11 08:40 PM

You didn't read that anywhere. Dreamed it. Ain't so.

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/25/11 08:44 PM

Uhmmm....

Was this what you were thinking?
"9.Hunt resident birds or animals on any floodwaters or backwaters, or islands less than 40 acres created by such."

From the AL game & fish regs.
Posted By: Wade

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/25/11 09:34 PM

BUY his four acres for double the value. Hunt out of his tower stand since it is going to be such a good location.

Put up or shut up and cry.

Better yet, trade him 10 acres on your perimeter for his four acres on your interior.

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/26/11 12:30 AM

Originally Posted By: TwoToes_Hunter
I feel sorry for the guy now.

Seriously, an obvious selfish, vindictive, game hog who has given no legitimate explanation to why he wants to ruin his neighbors hunting(except that they are his deer)...... and you feel sorry for the guy. People like that have been ruining other hunters seasons for years. I definitely don't feel sorry for him. I may not like what my neighbors do but it's not my business nor my choice. I deal with it and have been for 27 years. It's never affected my hunting nor what I harvest.

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/26/11 01:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Fun4all
Uhmmm....

Was this what you were thinking?
"9.Hunt resident birds or animals on any floodwaters or backwaters, or islands less than 40 acres created by such."

From the AL game & fish regs.

Apparently you had the same dream.
Posted By: truedouble

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/26/11 01:42 AM

you must be kidding
Posted By: truedouble

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/26/11 01:50 AM

Looks like your family should have gone ahead and bought that 4 acres...but they didn't so you have no point at all. I or anyone else would do the exact same thing as your neighbor. If you want to be a bit more open minded about it think about it from the neighbor's point of view. I bet he isn't nearly as confident about killing all "your deer" as you are. You have 80 times more land so you should have 80 times the chance that he has to kill deer.
Posted By: Bucktrot

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/26/11 02:10 AM

I don't even know why I'm posting this as you've had your @$$ ripped (but not enough) and I'm proud of everyone that did!! Talk about greed. Now if the guy poaches on you or broadcast corn illegally, you'd have my sympathy.

But this guy planted for deer and you're mad??!?!?!!? Your neighbor may only shoot mature bucks and really take a conservation approach toward the deer. You don't know and you're ready to persecute your neighbor.

Buddy, your attitude just flat out stinks!!! And, you have a problem. It's YOU!
Posted By: todd w

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/26/11 02:37 AM

I got to thinking today. If the 4 acres this guy is talking about is as nice as what he says, he might want to watch about posting his concerns here. I would venture to say this owner of the 4 acres has visited this site and might even be a member.

Careful what you ask for on a public forum!!
Posted By: jawbone

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/26/11 03:05 AM

BradB,

if you are still around, the only thing I have to say to you is that even though I think what you are contemplating is about as sorry as it gets, I won't wish ill will on you. I won't have to because it will be coming. I just hope that when it happens you think back to this post and think "damn, that karma really is a bitch".

If I were you I would seriously reconsider my priorities.
Posted By: auburn17

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/27/11 01:50 AM

Please don't group all of us FL guys in this category!
Posted By: bloodtrail

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/27/11 02:10 AM

Would it be ok if the 4ac was across the street?
Heck, they swim the dagum Mississippi river in the middle of the winter!!!!

The guy with the 4 ac is prolly adding deer to your 320ac.

Deer hunters have some of the BIGGEST cry babies I have ever known, thats a fact!

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/27/11 06:57 AM

yep. ive seen some of the bestest freinds fall out over deer hunting

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/27/11 01:11 PM

Back in the good ol' days the boys in the white hoods might have visited BradB over this. Just to get him re-focused.

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/27/11 02:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Boydawg
Back in the good ol' days the boys in the white hoods might have visited BradB over this. Just to get him re-focused.

That would get his mind right..........................
Posted By: gobbler

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/27/11 09:33 PM

Possible scenario:
I've got a landowner who has 1,500 acres with a 320 outparcel inside it and an easement to this 320 and the 4 acres it contains. He is extremely pissed that the guy from Florida who owns the 320 continually kills "his" deer (that he spends a TON of money managing) using standard Florida tactics in Alabama - baiting, jacklighting, shooting all the young bucks, killing every doe they see, etc... Since 1) they ARE his deer and 2) the 320 is FAR less than the average home range of any deer in Alabama, so no deer "live" on his place, he plans on putting corn feeders every 200 yds around this property line and notify the game warden that he believes the Florida guy is hunting over "feed" that he is feeding his deer with. He will still have plenty of area to hunt that are not considered "baited" but the "little" guy with the 320 should be significantly limited in whether he can hunt at all.

Oh, and the guy who owns the 4 ac inside the 320, it's his manager who is trying to help the deer by planting good crops and he gets to hunt the 1,500 acres anytime he wants.
Posted By: trox28

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/27/11 10:33 PM

Just downright rediculous!!!!That just ain't no way to be.Just because the guy wasn't fortunate enough for his family to leave him alotta land you gonna make it even harder on him to try and hunt what little land he has?Just pituful...Brad,put yourself in his shoes..what if that's all you had to hunt was 4 acres behind your house..would you want your neighboring landowner to do you that way? ..I doubt it.Maybe the guy can't afford to get in a club,or it may be that he don't wanna get in a club to avoid D**CKS like you
Posted By: cj7deerslayer

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/28/11 04:48 AM

i pretty sure bradb isnt even reading this anymore.
is it possible to vote to ban someone?
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/28/11 01:55 PM

I seem to remember a large landowner(timber co??) that had several thousand acres in south Alabama. Someone owned a 40acre plot inside the land, had a greenfield on every corner of the 40 and killed everything that came across the line. Large landowner fenced around the 40, gave the 40 owner a key to all gates leading to the 40. Nothing could be done about that....

troy

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/28/11 07:56 PM

And that Fred is perfect example of what my situation is, just on a smaller scale. Yeah cj7 I am still here, this has been one of the most enlightening discussions I have seen on here for a while. I am honored to have started a topic that ranks right up there with season extensions, antler restrictions, dog hunting and whether food plots are baiting. After several years of following this forum I had absolutely no idea how many selfless, caring/sharing kinda guys there were on here who would welcome the opportunity to have a corn patch and a shooting house that could easily be hunted 7 days a week show up in the middle of their property. My hat is off to you guys. I will admit it, I am a selfish pig who believes that the fruit of my labor, money and time ought to get picked by me or my guests.Based on most of these posts I am amazed more of you guys aren't up in New York Occupying Wall Street and demanding your fair share of the goodies produced by others.

Being one of them darn Floridians I also had no idea that proper conflict resolution in Alabama should involve roofing tacks, trespassing, destruction of property, people with sheets over their head threatening physical violence and various other felonies and misdemeanors. I guess instead of looking for a legal manner to resolve this I should have just tacked his driveway, burnt the shooting house down and maybe shot his dog just for good measure. That would show the SOB.Unfortunately, actions like these can turn out to be a very sharp two edged sword and I think will leave them be unless first initiated by the other party.I find it a little ironic that cj7 would like to ban me for my opinion but he is all good with those suggesting criminal acts.

I do want you fellas to know that after reading the posts and thinking about it, I agree that the feeder idea was wrong.I am a pretty strong advocate of a property owners right to fully enjoy all the legal benefits of his property and for me to prevent him from hunting would indeed be wrong. So I am not going to do anything that would prevent him from sitting in that box and shooting every deer that walks into that cornfield.I also will talk to him next trip and if he can look me in the eye and give me his word that he won't pull the trigger on anything other than a mature buck he may actually see a deer in his field, otherwise he can sit there all season but I do not think he will be seeing much.

Now that we all have had our emotional venting I want to do a little math and see if you guys can answer a question or two without name calling and threats.

Assuming a a 325 acre property and a deer density of 25 Deer/Sq Mile(very optimistic)or about 1 deer/ 26 acres there ought to be a grand total of about 12 or so deer living on that land. I provide the resources necessary to produce and support approximatley 11.9 of those deer, he provides the resources for .10 deer.Actually since his property consists of a yard and an open field he does not really contribute anything, but we are just having fun here. A reasonably sustainable harvest would probably be 25-30% of the herd so there really should only be 3 or 4 deer taken off both properties. Thats the math now here are the questions.

1.I would love to hear rational and logical explanations of why do most of you have the opinion that my neighbor has some inherent moral right to benefit from a limited resource when he has little if any investment in the production of that resource. Since ya'll seem to be into "FAIR", what would you consider a fair distribution of the resource and why. How many of you would structure a business deal where a 1% investor would be given the potential to put 100% of the return in his pocket.

2. At what point does his right to enjoy and benefit from the land he owns trump my right to enjoy and benefit from mine.

Remember now, grade school is over, so enough name calling and threats. I have shared my reasoning for my opinion on this, see if you can do the same. Have a great week-end.

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/28/11 08:43 PM

Sounds like you need to build that fence. But not just around "Mr. 4 acres", all the way around your 320 so your deer will stay your deer. You sure wouldn't want your other neighbors deer coming on your place. At what point does YOUR right to enjoyment trump his right to enjoyment?

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/28/11 09:17 PM

If you inherited the land, he may have more "Investment" in his "Resources" than you?

Not that it matters, but an investment is relative.
Posted By: trox28

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/28/11 09:22 PM

Brad,give it up man..do whatever the hell makes you happy.The guy has 4 acres to hunt.What does it matter if he's benefitting from you?Hell I benefit from my neighbors cause they spend more money on better food plots than I do.They eat good over there and I shoot em when they cross the property line to come bed down.Is that wrong of me?Just let the guy hunt his 4 acres and be thankful you have somewhere to hunt.

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/28/11 09:39 PM

Nice discussion especially the part about the neighbor only being allowed to shoot what you want him to shoot instead of any legal deer. You do understand that he can only shoot 3 bucks legally just like you, which from your comments appears to be the only thing that you are concerned about. With ya'll only shooting 3 legal bucks each that's only 6 bucks. Oh but I forgot that you want to let other people hunt on your property and kill additional deer that may come from other peoples properties around you that may manage their property and deer herd more than you.

Yep, you need to do the high fence thing around all of your property and call it by the QDMA name of "exclosure" because you don't want any of those inferior genes polluting your well managed gene pool and keep all of those domesticted deer on your property.

Otherwise, you are going to be one sad camper all season. Also, you probably should not worry too much about the dog hunters running your property when you are not there, another vote for high fencing your place. Is there a public road that borders the place because I understand that people ride around at night with spotlights and shoot deer also. Wait a minute a high fence with black out fabric on it might solve that problem.

Yep, high fence is your answer to keep all of YOUR deer on your property.

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/29/11 12:52 AM

Assuming a a 325 acre property and a deer density of 25 Deer/Sq Mile(very optimistic)or about 1 deer/ 26 acres there ought to be a grand total of about 12 or so deer living on that land. I provide the resources necessary to produce and support approximatley 11.9 of those deer, he provides the resources for .10 deer.Actually since his property consists of a yard and an open field he does not really contribute anything, but we are just having fun here. A reasonably sustainable harvest would probably be 25-30% of the herd so there really should only be 3 or 4 deer taken off both properties. Thats the math now here are the questions.

I have one question. How is your neighbor suppose to kill .10 of your deer? Is he suppose to shoot a deer you wound that makes it to his field and therefore he finishes it off to get his(your) .10 of a deer. If you can explain that one to me I would love to hear it. Also being this is Alabama, Mr. 4 acres can leagally shoot 2 deer a day which I hope he does.
With all your complaining about your neighbor, why don't you just sell your 320 go buy something in another state rather than AL and take your greedy A!@ back to Florida and stay out of our state. It's people like you that give our hunters a bad name.

One last thing......I hope you are there when your neighbor gets his .10 deer. Be sure to take pics. Also, please post pics so we can all see a .10 deer. I am anxious to see pics of a .10 deer and I am sure I am not the only one!!

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/29/11 01:13 AM

1.I would love to hear rational and logical explanations of why do most of you have the opinion that my neighbor has some inherent moral right to benefit from a limited resource when he has little if any investment in the production of that resource. Since ya'll seem to be into "FAIR", what would you consider a fair distribution of the resource and why. How many of you would structure a business deal where a 1% investor would be given the potential to put 100% of the return in his pocket.

2. At what point does his right to enjoy and benefit from the land he owns trump my right to enjoy and benefit from mine.

Remember now, grade school is over, so enough name calling and threats. I have shared my reasoning for my opinion on this, see if you can do the same. Have a great week-end.

1. It is not a Manufacturing or Retail Business. He is evidently putting a better product out for the deer than you, if the deer are going to visit his 4 acres instead of your sprawling 320 acres. What is the total acreage you have PLANTED? And what percentage of your property is planted? What percentage of his property is planted?

2. How is his right TRUMPING yours? Its NOT, can you not still hunt your land? Is his personal freedoms overriding yours? NO.
Posted By: smokeandbones

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/29/11 01:21 AM

BradB here is your rational and logical explanation of why your neighbor has some inherent moral right to benefit from a limited resource when he has little if any investment in the production of that resource. The deed to that four acres he is on is in his name at the court house. He can do as he pleases. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. Get over it or invest in your own QDMA program you obviously have been GIVEN alot more resourses.

Ow by the way my nieghbor builds high fences, I would be happy to give you his number since this is the only solution to your problem.
Posted By: Farmer Brown

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/29/11 02:30 AM

PRIVATE OWNERSHIP OF PROPERTY. Ever hear of that? No one owns the deer on their property. They belong to the state. If I am wrong on "deer" ownership, let me know. There are a few guys in Chambers County killing "my" deer if that is the case, and I want to do something about it.

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/29/11 04:27 AM

What I find humorous about this is that Brad is getting his panties all in a wad without any allowance or understanding of deer behavior. He seems to think that 4 acre deer hunter with the one acre food plot has a magic formula that will make deer stupid and draw them in by the dozens and allow the man to stack them up like cordwood. It just won't happen.

The truth is after a deer or two are shot from the stand, the daytime sightings will become much more scarce. The hard fact is that a heavily hunted one acre plot will not even allow someone to dream of putting a dent in the population.

Now, if the 4 acre hunter knew what he was doing, he would only sit in his blind with the right wind direction and would hold out for a deer he really wants to kill.
Posted By: vonella160

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/29/11 12:18 PM

Originally Posted By: westflgator

That's exactly what I was thinking when reading this. You fall into what I would call the GREEDY HUNTER category. The kind of guy that is usually only happy if he kills something, and is jealous of the success of others. This is the type of hunter that I work very hard to screen out, so that they don't wind up in our club.

Knowing him personally I can say without any shadow of a doubt that Brad B is ANYTHING but a greedy hunter... he (having never met me) invited me to hunt his property for free when ever i so chose, in exchange for a few days of work out of the year because he knew that i could not afford a lease... he also has good relations with every other property owner around him (with regards to management practices) i have read so many posts on this web site about folk bit*hing and complaining about people setting up stands on the property line, losing deer to "brown and down" guys next door, running dogs and so on... i find it hard to believe, that you can not understand his frustrations... also Brad does not set up "kill plots" from everything that i have seen of his property he is genuinely trying to improve the quality of the deer herd... from planting mast producing trees, maintaining year round plots, tending to his cut overs ect... is setting up feeds the best bet... not by far but come guys cut the guy some slack...

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/29/11 01:32 PM

Originally Posted By: vonella160

not by far but come guys cut the guy some slack...

Exactly, BradB should cut the guy some slack and stop his b#$%^ing and trying to figure out ways to make sure that the States deer do not go running to someone's property that is 1.25% of the size of his property. If BradB is such a wonderful QDMA'er then he should have megalatron trophies running everywhere on his 320 acres and not wanting to leave because he has improved the 320 acres to the ultimate. Or, he can just keep crying about how tough it is that he can't killed every deer that walks across his property because everybody else is killing "his" deer cry cry cry
Posted By: Ray_Coon

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/29/11 02:21 PM

Alright, I know I am late to the party, but I just had to chime in. It has been a while since I had any of my wildlife classes at Auburn,but from what I can remember, the average home range of a mature whitetail buck is upwards of 2000 acres. The range of a doe is a few hundred acres. I know that all of this has been said before, but all the deer on the 324 acres in question are just passing through whether they are on the 320 or the 4. While it is possible to keep deer on a small parcel for a good deal of time, they will eventually wander on to someone else's land an possibly get killed.

The only thing you can do as a land manager on a smaller piece of property is to provide the deer with everything they could want or need and give them reason to stay on your property as much as possible. The key is to draw the deer into your property with something that is better than what everybody else has. It sounds like the 4 acre guy is better at this and the 320 acre guy is jealous. However if the 4 acre guy starts killing everything he sees, the deer will wise up and stay off the smaller piece of property.

I don't see where the 4 acre guy can do a whole lot to really and truly screw up the herd. Deer respond to hunting pressure and will go to where they feel safe during the day or become nocturnal. If the 320 acre guy is doing a good job with his habitat improvement and managing his hunting pressure, he is still going to see and kill deer regardless of what the 4 acre guy does.

I speak about all of this from personal experience, as I am the little guy where I hunt in Pickens County. I hunt 240 acres surrounded by 750 acres of Corps. of Engineers land, and a hunting club that totals about 1500 acres. Since I hunt and work the land primarily alone and I cannot afford a ton of improvements, my management plan revolves around managing hunting pressure. I know that the corps. land will be hunted heavily and once the shooting starts the deer like to spend a lot of their time on my place. The hunting club hammers does at the beginning of the season, and I like to spread my harvest out over the course of the season. Since the club puts a lot of pressure on the deer and I don't, I consistently see deer throughout the season. Its all about how you hunt.

Sorry I ran long,but I couldn't turn down the opportunity to get in on this.

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/29/11 02:23 PM

The only thing that comes to my mind is...........The Golden Rule.....and it needs to cross my mind more......

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/29/11 02:27 PM

Now that's an intelligent post!
Originally Posted By: Casenut
The only thing that comes to my mind is...........The Golden Rule.....and it needs to cross my mind more......

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/29/11 07:15 PM

Originally Posted By: vonella160

Knowing him personally I can say without any shadow of a doubt that Brad B is ANYTHING but a greedy hunter... he (having never met me) invited me to hunt his property for free when ever i so chose, in exchange for a few days of work out of the year because he knew that i could not afford a lease... he also has good relations with every other property owner around him (with regards to management practices) i have read so many posts on this web site about folk bit*hing and complaining about people setting up stands on the property line, losing deer to "brown and down" guys next door, running dogs and so on... i find it hard to believe, that you can not understand his frustrations... also Brad does not set up "kill plots" from everything that i have seen of his property he is genuinely trying to improve the quality of the deer herd... from planting mast producing trees, maintaining year round plots, tending to his cut overs ect... is setting up feeds the best bet... not by far but come guys cut the guy some slack...

Cut him some slack... Are you kidding? I guess you condone putting out feeders to intentionally have a neighbor ticketed, jailed, or hunting rights revoked because you "don't like" the way this guy plants or hunts his property. He is entitled to his "choice" of deer just as we all are. If he does't like it, he can call an attorney and have him settle it. Maybe the court will award him is .10 deer back!! Then he will have all 12 deer back on his property to choose from before the year is over.

He may not like it but he will have to deal with it unless he baits the guy out of existence!! It's a shame to even have to reply to this. It's even a bigger shame that someone takes up for this guy.
Posted By: mackman

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/29/11 07:32 PM

Guys give Brad some slack. I own the 300 ac to the south of Brad parcel and I too live about 20 miles from Brad in Florida. I was born in Mobile, Ala and grew up in Dothan and graduated from Troy 1971. Brad and I have more roots in Alabama than most using this forum. Brad and I have worked real hard together managing both parcel as one. We do all the right things all year long not just 15 minutes before the season opens. I did not know Brad when I purchased in 2005 but I can assure you that Alabama deer hunting would be a better place if we had more Brads. All of ya'll need to get real and not fly off the handle so easy....Enjoy your hunting and lets be a little more forgiving to our hunting buddy Brad...

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/29/11 08:33 PM

Originally Posted By: mackman
Guys give Brad some slack. I own the 300 ac to the south of Brad parcel and I too live about 20 miles from Brad in Florida. I was born in Mobile, Ala and grew up in Dothan and graduated from Troy 1971. Brad and I have more roots in Alabama than most using this forum. Brad and I have worked real hard together managing both parcel as one. We do all the right things all year long not just 15 minutes before the season opens. I did not know Brad when I purchased in 2005 but I can assure you that Alabama deer hunting would be a better place if we had more Brads. All of ya'll need to get real and not fly off the handle so easy....Enjoy your hunting and lets be a little more forgiving to our hunting buddy Brad...

Things get even better, now it not just 320 acres, its 320 BradB acres and 300 mackman acres (620 acres total) and BradB is worried about 4 acres?????????????????? Ya'll need to grow up!!!! Nobody is making ya'll hunt in Alabama, ya'll are choosing to hunt here and yet ya'll want to IMPOSE your will on other property owners. I say again, GROW UP!!

Since ya'll can't figure out a solution, let me help. I am sure that BradB and mackman can muster together enough time and effort to plant a 4 acre corn, soybean, etc field somewhere on those 620 acres to counteract the mean old 4 acre guy. If not, I guess ya'll will be crying yourselves to sleep at night.

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/29/11 08:47 PM

I know I'm the only one.......(tongue slightly in cheek)........You should have to reside in the county you hunt in. I may change my mind one day.......But as of now, I would have loved to have had this as a rule my 1st 45 years.................

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/29/11 09:01 PM

[quote=mackman][/quote] Registered the day after the original post and just now making his first post. .... Makes you wonder...
whistle
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/29/11 09:34 PM

You and Brad B need to get real.

Your friend made a selfish post and deserves every bit of the back lash he is receiving. Having neighbors that hunt is just part of hunting.

I think I have a pic of Brad B after he read this thread while Mackman is consoling him....I think the score is accurate too...pretty much a beat down grin
Posted By: swamp_fever2002

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/29/11 09:37 PM

Southwood7 grin
Posted By: 300gr

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/29/11 11:05 PM

Just being honest and trying to see both sides. If I had the large tract of land and was trying to manage it then I wouldn't like someone else trying their best to pull off me and my hard work either. Any truthful landowner wouldn't. That being said when a person owns property it is theirs to do with as they wish whether I like it or not.Now if I were the small landowner I would see this as an opportunity to get some meat and horns without having to join a club because it is surrounded by prime hunting land. Is Brad wrong for his opinion? NO!! It's his land. Is the small landowner wrong for his desire to kill deer? NO!! Its his land.
Posted By: mackman

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/30/11 12:32 AM

Southwood7, I am a die hard University of Alabama fan from 1964...and hope the Tide can pull off a huge win a week from tonight. I have no problem with the 4 ac guy more power to him. There is more to the story than I am willing to share, but if I did you'll all would regret your stand. Just trust me on this one. I think sometime we as a society are just to focused on making trouble without facts or total knowledge of the situation. You can say Brad is wrong without trashing him, for he's 99% good guy and all of you would enjoy hunting with him.....

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/30/11 01:26 AM

Southwood7, I am a die hard University of Alabama fan from 1964...and hope the Tide can pull off a huge win a week from tonight. I have no problem with the 4 ac guy more power to him. There is more to the story than I am willing to share, but if I did you'll all would regret your stand. Just trust me on this one. I think sometime we as a society are just to focused on making trouble without facts or total knowledge of the situation. You can say Brad is wrong without trashing him, for he's 99% good guy and all of you would enjoy hunting with him.....

You still seem to forget the problem with this situation. BradB made the statement about setting up the 4 acre guy with corn to intentionally get him a ticket or whatever GW seemed fit to give him. That is completely the wrong way to go about any peaceful resolution. That is an automatic bad rap! To me... there is no way to come back from that. Once a loser... always a loser!! Since you are vindicating his actions, I take it you would throw out corn out to entrap one of your neighbors as well. There are many other ways to accomplish many problems.
There well maybe more to the story, but Bradb sure ain't sharing it. Even if he was, I doubt very seriously it's going to change any minds on here now! No matter what "story" I here.... damage is done!!

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/30/11 01:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Tru-Talker

You still seem to forget the problem with this situation. BradB made the statement about setting up the 4 acre guy with corn to intentionally get him a ticket or whatever GW seemed fit to give him. That is completely the wrong way to go about any peaceful resolution. That is an automatic bad rap! To me... there is no way to come back from that. Once a loser... always a loser!! Since you are vindicating his actions, I take it you would throw out corn out to entrap one of your neighbors as well. There are many other ways to accomplish many problems.
There well maybe more to the story, but Bradb sure ain't sharing it. Even if he was, I doubt very seriously it's going to change any minds on here now! No matter what "story" I here.... damage is done!!

thumbup

Re: Game Warden Question - 10/30/11 01:42 AM

Brad B,

This song is dedicated to you:

Five Dollar Fine for Whinin'
Posted By: leroycnbucks

Re: Game Warden Question - 12/24/17 09:33 PM

Bump
Posted By: Frog_Man

Re: Game Warden Question - 12/24/17 10:47 PM

Why don't you contact your local Game Warden through normal channels and not on aldeer forums? Don't know where you are located, but here's a link to the GWs District Offices Statewide. I always have good luck getting in touch with mine when I have a question. http://www.outdooralabama.com/law-enforcement
Posted By: Frog_Man

Re: Game Warden Question - 12/24/17 11:13 PM

BradB,
Do you have conflicts with all of your neighbors? You posted the following on December 15th titled "Dam Neighbors" about your West side neighbors with 200 + Acres of land not hunting the way you see fit. You posted a picture of how you already set them up. Not cool. You should really consider talking to your neighbors and not airing it all out here on aldeer. That's what I have had to do in the past and it really worked out well.

"West neighbors clear cut their entire 220 acres bordering me to the west. Have not sprayed, burned or re-planted and probably will not,its a nasty mess.They don't plant squat for plots winter or summer.Buddy was checking cameras today and lo and behold what has appeared on the line, right next to my 8 acres of corn and beans.Of course I support their right to hunt every inch of their property as they wish. Glad I have the same rights.Since we do not hunt lines or this field I figured it was a great place to set up a supplemental feeding station."
Posted By: Cactus_buck

Re: Game Warden Question - 12/25/17 12:57 AM

Originally Posted By: leroycnbucks
Bump

LOL stirring the pot.

popcorn

I don’t feel bad for BradB either.
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: Game Warden Question - 12/25/17 02:33 AM

Holy smokes!!!! Brad b is over here too. So 2 neighbors to get rid of. 4 acres and the 220 acre neighbor. Man i wish i had these kind of problems. My problems are dang light bill and keepin a family happy. And making time to fix my clunker truck so i can drive it to public land to SHARE with everyone. Sounds like you should just give me that 320 acres as a tax write off and let me actually enjoy it. Since its causing you stress. If u dont live there then u probably dont really even need it. My son and i would feel so blessed to own land. You outta thank god you have a pot to piss in. You outta be a manager at some store or salesman ya greedy man. Last time i checked you dont own those deer. GOD owns them and he can strip that 320 away from you in all kinds of ways. slap you must be jewish
Posted By: capehorn24

Re: Game Warden Question - 12/25/17 07:12 AM

Why is a 6 year old thread being bumped, are we looking for what happened/resolution or what?

Re: Game Warden Question - 12/25/17 07:42 AM

Originally Posted By: capehorn24
Why is a 6 year old thread being bumped, are we looking for what happened/resolution or what?

Check out the Dam Neighbors thread started by Brad. He sure does have a lot of neighbor troubles that last foreverrrrrrr.

Some are on him over in the General Forum about something he said about public employee's and their retirement. He's just a misunderstood breed. laugh
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: Game Warden Question - 12/25/17 07:49 AM

Originally Posted By: 2Dogs

Check out the Dam Neighbors thread started by Brad. He sure does have a lot of neighbor troubles that last foreverrrrrrr.

Some are on him over in the General Forum about something he said about public employee's and their retirement. He's just a misunderstood breed. laugh

One year ole brad is whinin about somebody elses corn/beans. 6 years later he has his own corn/beans. I wonder what he'll be bitching about around 2023?

Re: Game Warden Question - 12/25/17 08:27 AM

Originally Posted By: BowtechDan

One year ole brad is whinin about somebody elses corn/beans. 6 years later he has his own corn/beans. I wonder what he'll be bitching about around 2023?

Prolly be something like "guy on 4 acres is a state retiree at 45 YO , hunts all the time and is killing all MY deer".
Posted By: bowtarist

Re: Game Warden Question - 12/25/17 08:27 AM

Reckon the second B in BradB stands for bitch?

Re: Game Warden Question - 12/25/17 08:30 AM

Originally Posted By: bowtarist
Reckon the second B in BradB stands for bitch?

laugh
Posted By: jallencrockett

Re: Game Warden Question - 12/25/17 08:31 AM

I will pitch in and pay to contribute to any hunting club that leases next to Brad. We need an Aldeer hunt ON THE LINE!
Posted By: capehorn24

Re: Game Warden Question - 12/25/17 08:37 AM

Thanks, saw it a little earlier but haven't got around to it yet. I get it now. Dude has some issues.
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: Game Warden Question - 12/25/17 10:41 AM

Originally Posted By: BowtechDan

Prolly be something like "guy on 4 acres is a state retiree at 45 YO , hunts all the time and is killing all MY deer".

laugh
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: Game Warden Question - 12/25/17 11:54 AM

I wont give my opinion on this but i will say the bible says to love thy neighbor. The advice i would give is to invite the poor old neighbor who cn only afford 4acres to come hunt with you and be a good neighbor. Maybe he will be a good neighbor and keep an eye on your place while youre away. He might even give you a call when the punk kids down the road break in with intentions on destroying your place, instead of standing there snickering as he sais "oh well, guess hes getting what he deserves". There was a time in this country when neighbors were good to eachother. We all complain about how the world is getting to be. Well this right here is why. Most people are thinking only of themselves.
Posted By: Cuz-Pat

Re: Game Warden Question - 12/25/17 12:05 PM

Greed, selfishness and unkindness has changed our world a lot in the last 20 to 30 years.

Re: Game Warden Question - 12/25/17 12:08 PM

My hats off to the Aldeer detectives. You guys must be some bored son of a guns. I confess it’s all true. I truly believe someone trying to hunt their landlocked 4 acre yard or sitting a line are chit bags. If that makes me a whiny bitch I will wear the label with pride. It’s been fun stirring the Aldeer pot and am amazed I am nearing Whild Bill status. I may be a bitch but I know what works for me. Also makes me really thankful that I have a place where I do not have to deal with folks who think like many who have posted here or on the other thread.
Posted By: centralala

Re: Game Warden Question - 12/25/17 12:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Cuz-Pat
Greed, selfishness and unkindness has changed our world a lot in the last 20 to 30 years.

The top 3 in whatever order you choose has to be politics, hunting, and college football. Probably politics has to be number one since its in hunting and college football also.
Posted By: MC21

Re: Game Warden Question - 12/25/17 12:32 PM

"The guy trying to hunt his land is a chit bag"

No you're a chit bag

As I said in another post I hope the 4 acre land owner shoots every 31/2 year old and older buck you have

Also Merry Christmas you filthy animal
Posted By: Cuz-Pat

Re: Game Warden Question - 12/25/17 12:34 PM

My hats off to the Aldeer detectives. You guys must be some bored son of a guns. I confess it’s all true. I truly believe someone trying to hunt their landlocked 4 acre yard or sitting a line are chit bags. If that makes me a whiny bitch I will wear the label with pride. It’s been fun stirring the Aldeer pot and am amazed I am nearing Whild Bill status. I may be a bitch but I know what works for me. Also makes me really thankful that I have a place where I do not have to deal with folks who think like many who have posted here or on the other thread.

Man, you are a piece of work, really!

You come on here and post up a PIC of a feeder that you put up near your neighbors 4 acre property to make it illegal for him to hunt his property and you get called out for such, rightly so.

After getting called out, you back step and try to say the feeder was never filled but what difference does that make?

Your neighbor has no idea whether it's full or empty so it still causes him the same issue, not legally being able to hunt his place.

Then you try to run the neighbor down on here because he planted crops on his 4 acres and puts up a shooting house on his own piece of land.

I figure you to be an arrogant, financially well off person who looks down your nose at your 4 acre property owning neighbor.

Your jealousy, your greed and your selfishness shines through your post easily.

Reading your last post makes me think all you are trying to do now is to make yourself feel better about what you have done and how you are acting.

Take the spotlight off of me and my actions and let me put it on all those mean, old unkind Aldeer members.

That will make me feel better about myself.

You should really be ashamed or yourself.

Some words for you from God's word:

Proverbs 3:29 - Devise not evil against thy neighbour, seeing he dwelleth securely by thee.

James 2:8 - If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well.

Luke 6:31 - And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

I would hope that those words might make you stop and think but not sure that they will.

Put as much effort into being a neighbor as you do into trying to hurt your neighbor and you may be surprised at what may come out of it.

It's a sad day when a stinking deer means more to a man than his relationship with a fellow man does.

By the way, I wish no "ill will" toward you.

Hope you have a Merry Christmas!
Posted By: scrubbuck

Re: Game Warden Question - 12/25/17 01:30 PM

The neighborly thing for the 4 acre guy to do is show BradB some game cam pics and offer him a back strap next time he came up.
Posted By: Hogwild

Re: Game Warden Question - 12/25/17 01:33 PM

I bet he does not actually own ANY land....probably a relative or in-law to the actual landowner.....which in itself would be even MORE humorous!
Posted By: jallencrockett

Re: Game Warden Question - 12/25/17 01:43 PM

CUZ PAT... AWESOME.. SURELY TODAY WE ALL GET LOVE THY NEIGHBOR.
Posted By: scrape

Re: Game Warden Question - 12/25/17 02:29 PM

brad, ive hunted with selfish hunters like you. It tears them up when I get a big buck, but when they get one iam happy for them. ive had a lawnowner of 300acres treat me the same way you are talking about. I don't see how you enjoy hunting with this attitude, its a sad way to live. no comments on here will change you, only you can make that change. iam sure you are a good guy, just don't be that guy.
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: Game Warden Question - 12/25/17 04:02 PM

I believe if I was a neighbor I'd wait for a favorable wind and burn my property line........
Posted By: ALclearcut

Re: Game Warden Question - 12/25/17 05:03 PM

If I owned that 4 acres surrounded by 300 and Brad approached me nicely to see if I would like to join whatever QDMA plan he is on, I would happily do it and do my part by planting whatever I could to help. Plus I would offer to keep an eye on his place. If Brad approached me like an entitled ass and complained that I was hunting "his" deer, I would kill everything I saw just to spite him and laugh every time I saw people cutting his locks and poaching.
Posted By: IDOT

Re: Game Warden Question - 12/25/17 05:19 PM

Dayum....sad, just plain sad.
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: Game Warden Question - 12/25/17 08:15 PM

I just saw how old this thread is..dat gum. Had a feller do me like bradb is doin the other feller. All i had was 1 ladder stand no fields..no nothin. Feller did everything in his power to keep me off the property which was surrounded by hundreds of acres he could hunt. I had 5.....he finally got what he wanted...i got run off 5 acres my daddy had permission to hunt for 30 years all because i hunted it. I was about 13 years old..never broke the law..had a written legal permit...but he aggrevated the land owner enough that she told me to never go back. He got what he wanted...and i never got to go back. I was a kid then..im a grown man now an i dare somebody to try it again..

Re: Game Warden Question - 12/25/17 08:18 PM

Whip his ass sea bass. Yea it's xmas night.
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Game Warden Question - 12/25/17 09:07 PM

It’s been fun stirring the Aldeer pot and am amazed I am nearing Whild Bill status.

Don't flatter yourself. You're nowhere near Whild Bill status.

Merry Christmas Dickhead.

Re: Game Warden Question - 12/25/17 09:11 PM

Oh snap
Posted By: alhawk

Re: Game Warden Question - 12/25/17 10:00 PM

Whild Bill = known comedic value

Re: Game Warden Question - 12/25/17 10:13 PM

So a man is a shucks bag for hunting his own 4 acres of land that he pays taxes on? Damn your an IDOT
Posted By: Frankie

Re: Game Warden Question - 12/25/17 10:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Cuz-Pat

so has trophy management . rofl

Re: Game Warden Question - 12/25/17 10:57 PM

He's got 4 acres, how can he not hunt close to the line? Let him hunt in peace and don't be an ass about it.
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: Game Warden Question - 12/25/17 11:32 PM

He is on his 4 acres hunting. You are on your 320 acres hunting.
I don't see a problem.
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Game Warden Question - 12/25/17 11:34 PM

And the guy who has 8000 acres is pissed at the guy killing all “his deer” on that little 320 parcel.

Re: Game Warden Question - 12/26/17 09:53 AM

So a man is a shucks bag for hunting his own 4 acres of land that he pays taxes on? Damn your an IDOT

Thats what bothered me the most to be honest.

Anyone who hunts their "little 4 acre house lot is a piece of chit"??

That is about the dumbest statement ever. So the al resident who lives there year round is a POS as he only has a small piece?

But a non resident hunter that has 320 and PLANTS a foodplot on the 4 acre landowners line is a better guy??? And has MORE rights then the guy who lives there.

Thats just freaking idiotic. It makes no sense. loco

Re: Game Warden Question - 12/26/17 11:27 AM

Originally Posted By: outdoorobsession

Thats what bothered me the most to be honest.

Anyone who hunts their "little 4 acre house lot is a piece of chit"??

That is about the dumbest statement ever. So the al resident who lives there year round is a POS as he only has a small piece?

But a non resident hunter that has 320 and PLANTS a foodplot on the 4 acre landowners line is a better guy??? And has MORE rights then the guy who lives there.

Thats just freaking idiotic. It makes no sense. loco

I believe he's got more money than sense. With a heaping helping of self entitlement to go along with it.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM