Aldeer.com

renegade outlaw hunters

Posted By: Southwood7

renegade outlaw hunters - 10/19/11 02:04 AM

Okay...I am on my soap box...

No matter how many times you tell yourself..."everybody else is doing it" it still doesn't make it right. It has AMAZED me this year how many people I have heard talk about the methods they are going to use to kill that big buck this year. I ran into a guy at walmart I know the other day stocking up for the season. He had 5 bags of acorn rage in his buggy, and I can assure you he wasn't saving it for next year. If you want to break the law while you hunt that's your business, but Ill keep my integrity.

That is all. grin
Posted By: Neutral88

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/19/11 02:41 AM

amen brother
Posted By: Frankie

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/19/11 02:48 AM

gotta kill a big one !!!!!! lol

thing is most of them just waste their money and still don't kill a big'um.
Posted By: TwoToes_Hunter

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/19/11 10:03 AM

I'll just tell you plain out, honest truth. I'm scared of the PO PO.
Posted By: ford150man

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/19/11 11:28 AM

Yep, I know a guy that will hunt over corn, tresspass, night hunt, etc... Then he will stand up and brag about killing big deer.
Posted By: CSCURTISS

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/19/11 11:57 AM

Originally Posted By: ford150man
Yep, I know a guy that will hunt over corn, tresspass, night hunt, etc... Then he will stand up and brag about killing big deer.

Sounds like a left wing Democrat...or a complete ass.
Posted By: psefamily

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/19/11 12:07 PM

Originally Posted By: TwoToes_Hunter
I'll just tell you plain out, honest truth. I'm scared of the PO PO.

X 2 !!!
Posted By: redchef

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/19/11 12:08 PM

Whatever floats your boat, acorn up !
Posted By: trox28

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/19/11 12:14 PM

I know alotta outlaws..that the reason deer hunting has almost went to s**t here.I had been watching and hunting a big 9 point for a few years and actually had a chance at him year before last at 50 yards with the bow but didn't feel comfortable takin a shot that long on him.Needless to say he is in the freezer at a local taxidermist cause a guy shot him on the dirtroad beside my house at night..talk about makin me mad.But what can ya do?I do have one question...is it actually illegal to kill a deer with a pocket knife?...let me have yalls responses then I'll tell y'all why I ask.
Posted By: BDhunts

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/19/11 12:33 PM

Originally Posted By: trox28
I know alotta outlaws..that the reason deer hunting has almost went to s**t here.I had been watching and hunting a big 9 point for a few years and actually had a chance at him year before last at 50 yards with the bow but didn't feel comfortable takin a shot that long on him.Needless to say he is in the freezer at a local taxidermist cause a guy shot him on the dirtroad beside my house at night..talk about makin me mad.But what can ya do?I do have one question...is it actually illegal to kill a deer with a pocket knife?...let me have yalls responses then I'll tell y'all why I ask.

Let me guess, you got a hunting expert that told you he jumps out of trees onto the bucks back and cuts their throats in "one fell swoop" grin

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/19/11 12:51 PM

lmao...nope. but I have heard that one before
Posted By: bassmaster1228

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/19/11 02:30 PM

theres right and wrong. then theres the law.
a food plot is bait, just saying
Posted By: Fun4all

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/19/11 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By: bassmaster1228

The MAN probably not going to write you up for "right and wrong", the law is a whole nother matter! Food plot in a bag would fall under that "whole nother matter" clause.
Posted By: 3toe

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/19/11 05:49 PM

A few of those post on this site.
Posted By: n2deer

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/19/11 05:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Southwood7
Okay...I am on my soap box...

No matter how many times you tell yourself..."everybody else is doing it" it still doesn't make it right. It has AMAZED me this year how many people I have heard talk about the methods they are going to use to kill that big buck this year. I ran into a guy at walmart I know the other day stocking up for the season. He had 5 bags of acorn rage in his buggy, and I can assure you he wasn't saving it for next year. If you want to break the law while you hunt that's your business, but Ill keep my integrity.

That is all. grin

I do know people put stuff out in there back yard for deer. Just to have them around, without any intentions of shooting them.

But there is alot of outlaw stuff that goes on.
I have seen some form or another in almost every place I have ever hunted.
Posted By: Clem

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/19/11 07:21 PM

Well, y'all know that anyone who hunts under or near an oak tree, beech tree, persimmon tree or other mast tree is hunting with the aid of bait.

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/19/11 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By: bassmaster1228

This is not a debate of whether or not hunting over "bait" is right or wrong. The fact is, that is illegal in alabama so we should abide by the law.

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/19/11 07:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Clem
Well, y'all know that anyone who hunts under or near an oak tree, beech tree, persimmon tree or other mast tree is hunting with the aid of bait.

GROWN in that location, you can hunt over corn as long as it is grown in that location and left in the field. Buying someone else's product is doing nothing but making them rich off your laziness. Isn't there a thread about dumbing down of the "hunter"?
Posted By: ShaneB

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/19/11 08:13 PM

What is the point of this post, again? Your "integrity"? That is, your strict adherence to your own personal values? This forum is chock full of do-gooders claiming that they do it the "right way". Phooey...let em talk. This state was within a gnats a$$ of legalizing bait, and I feel that one day it will be legal. What will you do then? I ask this question because you can try all day to make the argument about it being illegal, but the crux of the argument is really about it being ethical. I have no problem with the hunter who likes to throw a little corn out to help his odds on a given day. I DO have a problem with a$$clowns who shoot from a main road day or night, trespassers, thieves, and generally any dog hunting club. Why not get on your soap box about the end of dog hunting clubs and stiffer penalties for trespassing? Is the guy who throws out corn really the bad guy? Take a look at your local Wal Mart to see who is buying corn. That is, if they actually can keep it in stock. You will see your preacher, your friend, brother, co-workers maybe. They just dont want you to see them buying it because they do it the "right way". You know..no trail cameras, no satellite photography, no high powered rifles with scopes that can see into the future, no $200 stink-proof clothes, etc. When you strip hunting down to its most basic elements, then you can talk about your integrity.

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/19/11 08:33 PM

Originally Posted By: ShaneB
What is the point of this post, again? Your "integrity"? That is, your strict adherence to your own personal values? This forum is chock full of do-gooders claiming that they do it the "right way". Phooey...let em talk. This state was within a gnats a$$ of legalizing bait, and I feel that one day it will be legal. What will you do then? I ask this question because you can try all day to make the argument about it being illegal, but the crux of the argument is really about it being ethical. I have no problem with the hunter who likes to throw a little corn out to help his odds on a given day. I DO have a problem with a$$clowns who shoot from a main road day or night, trespassers, thieves, and generally any dog hunting club. Why not get on your soap box about the end of dog hunting clubs and stiffer penalties for trespassing? Is the guy who throws out corn really the bad guy? Take a look at your local Wal Mart to see who is buying corn. That is, if they actually can keep it in stock. You will see your preacher, your friend, brother, co-workers maybe. They just dont want you to see them buying it because they do it the "right way". You know..no trail cameras, no satellite photography, no high powered rifles with scopes that can see into the future, no $200 stink-proof clothes, etc. When you strip hunting down to its most basic elements, then you can talk about your integrity.

Shane, You need to read my original post again. The post is not just about bait. I didn't go into details about all the renegade methods, but thanks for naming them all. Your point about the corn being bought by your preacher, friend, brother and co-workers is EXACTLY what I am talking about. People arent hunting the right way.They are bending and breaking the laws. When our state legalizes hunting over bait I will hunt over bait. Until then I will not.

So,what is the point of your post??? Are one of the hunter who throws out a little corn to help his chances?

Posted By: danangel

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/19/11 08:40 PM

I find myself enjoying being in the woods away from this forum more and more. 90% of the crap that is posted here is downing or complaining about someones ethics, the way people hunt and why are you shooting such a small deer. Remember when hunting was fun? I find it hard enough to mind my own business much less time to complain about what everyone else does all the time.
Posted By: rockhunter

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/19/11 08:53 PM

laughup You call the guys buying corn and acorn rage at wally world outlaws and renegades?

Those guys are just wannabe outlaws. We have real outlaws in jackson county. Ya'll should see all the deer that get shot from the road at night around here. Then you'd have something to complain about. mad
Posted By: redspeckable1

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/19/11 08:57 PM

This post made no sense whatsoever. As a matter of fact, I'm now dumber for having read this. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Originally Posted By: danangel
I find myself enjoying being in the woods away from this forum more and more. 90% of the crap that is posted here is downing or complaining about someones ethics, the way people hunt and why are you shooting such a small deer. Remember when hunting was fun? I find it hard enough to mind my own business much less time to complain about what everyone else does all the time.

Yet you still take the time to click, read and complain about this? confused

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/19/11 08:58 PM

Originally Posted By: rockhunter

laughup You call the guys buying corn and acorn rage at wally world outlaws and renegades?

Those guys are just wannabe outlaws. We have real outlaws in jackson county. Ya'll should see all the deer that get shot from the road at night around here. Then you'd have something to complain about. mad

So what's the difference? Both are against the law.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/19/11 09:04 PM

I thought for a minute you might be talking about the guy that tresspasses on our neighbors place, but he doesn't shoot any big ones, he kills them all when they are spikes. I've got a good feeling the game warden might be checking out his place many times this season.
Posted By: danangel

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/19/11 09:08 PM

Originally Posted By: redspeckable1

This post made no sense whatsoever. As a matter of fact, I'm now dumber for having read this. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Yet you still take the time to click, read and complain about this? confused

and your confused? you quoted two other posts and replied as well. however, we both agree. No point in arguing about this. It will be posted again in 6 months about how great every member on here adheres to the strict guidelines of DNR law.
Posted By: Baybuzzard

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/19/11 09:11 PM

I wanna hear about the pocket knife whistle
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/19/11 09:35 PM

X1000

Posted By: coon_killer

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/19/11 10:18 PM

Where i hunt corn dont help. They eat it at night,hardly ever see one in the day time,but i guess if i got shot at every time i went to Burger King i wouldnt eat there in the day time either.Not that ive shot any over corn or any thing

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/19/11 10:21 PM

oh, Im sorry for being "down" on people who hunt illegally.

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/20/11 12:14 AM

Yeah, this subject always gets the natives a little restless. However, I think a spirited debate on the topic every now and then is good thing. My apologies to you Southwood7. I did derail the post a bit. Am I one of those who throw out corn? I will not deny the existence of a few yellow acorn trees on said property. But no more than my neighbors to the north...or the east, and west neighbors as well. They have admitted as much to me personally. I guess I could hope that my food plots would be enough for the herd. I get get out and scout, look for trails, hunt the wind, yadda yadda, yadda. Truth is..I have been doing this too long to know that sometimes..( alot of times)..thats just not enough when you dont have the money to hunt on some high falootin` buck ranch. I have an average piece of land...nothing special by any means. It takes a lot of hard work to see a quality deer on pressured land. I applaud you for sticking to what you believe in. To me, a turnip patch is just as out of place in the deep woods as a pile of corn, but if it gives me an edge, then so be it. If we both agree that we would use bait were it legal...then the only difference between you and I is that I am willing to take the risk for the slight advantage it may or may not give me.
Posted By: JMwareagle

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/20/11 12:41 AM

Guys, the problem in our state is not about baiting or not baiting its about grown ass men shooting spikes instead of does, period

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/20/11 12:43 AM

Originally Posted By: JMwareagle
Guys, the problem in our state is not about baiting or not baiting its about grown ass men shooting spikes instead of does, period

Talk about high jacking a thread! grin

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/20/11 12:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Baybuzzard
I wanna hear about the pocket knife whistle

Well ill tell ya lol.I took my 6 yr old daughter hunting with me Sunday afternoon.We came out at dark and there was a guy sitting at the house I go by coming outta the woods.Well he had a pretty nice little 8 point on the fourwheeler on the back of his truck so obviously I pulled over there to take a look.That's where the story began lol.Him and another guy said they were fishing at a creek when they seen the buck swimming across the creek.When the buck hit the bank he got all tangled up in muscadine vines so they decided to go up there.He said they messed with it for bout 45 minutes before one of the guys grabbed it by the horns and he cut his throat.Now I seen the deer and that's the only thing I saw was his throat cut,so I have no reason not to believe him.But my only question is,is that illegal.That may be a dumb question to some of you but since I have no desire to try and kill a deer with a pocket knife I have never really looked into the legality of it...So I was just curious

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/20/11 12:58 AM

Quote:
I will not deny the existence of a few yellow acorn trees on said property. But no more than my neighbors to the north...or the east, and west neighbors as well.

Then you're a violator and I hope you get arrested.

Trying to justify being on the wrong side of the law and ethics by quantifying it with "my neighbors do it" doesn't make it right.

At least you admit being a violator.
Posted By: bloodtrail

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/20/11 02:08 AM

I DO have a problem with a$$clowns who shoot from a main road day or night, trespassers, thieves, and generally any dog hunting club. Why not get on your soap box about the end of dog hunting clubs and stiffer penalties for trespassing?

That is a bigger concern of mine as well.
Not all dog hunters are renegades, but it seems most renegades are dog hunters.
Posted By: fairwater

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/20/11 02:09 AM

holly crap what law haven't I violated at one time or another.

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/20/11 02:38 AM

Quote:
I will not deny the existence of a few yellow acorn trees on said property. But no more than my neighbors to the north...or the east, and west neighbors as well.

Then you're a violator and I hope you get arrested.

Trying to justify being on the wrong side of the law and ethics by quantifying it with "my neighbors do it" doesn't make it right.

At least you admit being a violator.

Arrested? Come on, now.......
Posted By: North_Bama

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/20/11 02:40 AM

I can fix all this nonsense... ROLL TIDE
Posted By: rockhunter

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/20/11 11:57 AM

Would you rather have a guy shooting spikes over corn on his own property or shooting trophy class deer at night from the road on your property? Both are illegal.

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/20/11 01:55 PM

Would you rather have a guy shooting spikes over corn on his own property or shooting trophy class deer at night from the road on your property? Both are illegal.

I'll take The Nighthunter for 1K, Alex.

At least there are trophy deer around and I don't have to worry about my neighbor shooting them as spikes. grin

In all seriousness, both are bad deals that will hinder heard growth and overall enjoyment of our resources. To the individual that said they do bait, I applaud you. Seriously, I do. At least you have the stones to stand up and say you do it as opposed to the other people that do it and deny it. I actually bet your herd concious too...correct me if I'm wrong. You are probably and 8 point or better guy, yes?
Posted By: leroycnbucks

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/21/11 01:29 AM

William Munney to Little Bill. I've killed everything that walked, talked and crawled at one time.

Point is we have all done things we are not proud of at one time or another in the deer woods. If you haven't yet you will from plan out frustration. Learn from your mistakes and get over it.
Posted By: Simpleman

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 10/26/11 05:00 PM

So is speeding. You never have exceeded the speed limit?...
Posted By: doecommander

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 11/06/13 07:05 PM

I know some outlaws
Posted By: fr8-shkr

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 11/06/13 07:20 PM

I hunt legal and will remain legal. If everyone did it, hunting would be a lot better. I have never had to hunt illegally to kill deer. Just never wanted to risk it. It's not worth it to me. With that being said, what you do is your business as long as it doesn't affect me. If you get caught, just be prepared to deal with the consequences.

By the way, every big deer I have killed has had corn in his gut. So I would like to take this time to thank those who believe baiting gets you the deer!!! Thanks
Posted By: shootnmiss

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 11/06/13 07:22 PM

Originally Posted By: leroycnbucks
William Munney to Little Bill. I've killed everything that walked, talked and crawled at one time.

Point is we have all done things we are not proud of at one time or another in the deer woods. If you haven't yet you will from plan out frustration. Learn from your mistakes and get over it.

Best post in the hole thread!
Posted By: YEKRUT

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 11/06/13 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By: 3toe

A few of those post on this site.

Yea they do
Posted By: James

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 11/06/13 07:24 PM

Man y'all know there's a lot of so called do gooders, that drop deer off @ my buddies taxidermist studio & corn falls out of their mouths! Lmao
Posted By: t123winters

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 11/06/13 07:48 PM

I'm pretty sure you are smarter than I,but to imply that hunting a natural food supply not put there by our own hands is bait,well thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

First of all those things would be there regardless of our influences,they are however a draw,and common sense tells us to be where the deer will be because of this "natural" draw.

My friend baiting,and hunting natural food sources are not even close to the same thing........
Posted By: MS_Hunter

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 11/06/13 09:20 PM

Damn.... I ran out of popcorn

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 11/06/13 11:00 PM

Quote:
My friend baiting,and hunting natural food sources are not even close to the same thing........

You obviously missed the earlier thread 2.5 years ago where someone said, in all belief, that hunting under or near an oak and around acorns or persimmons or somesuch was using bait. Apparently they hunt in pastures with fescue or near gravel pits.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 11/07/13 08:41 AM

pea gravel is bait...
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 11/07/13 08:58 AM

Originally Posted By: BhamFred
pea gravel is bait...

Really?

I honestly think all this corn/baiting stuff is stupid id buy steaks instead of corn at $10/bag
Posted By: hallb

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 11/07/13 09:35 AM

Is it illegal to have acorn rage in your shopping cart now??? I must've missed something...
Posted By: James

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 11/07/13 03:23 PM

Maybe they were buying it to put in their "trough" 100yards out of line of sight! grin
Posted By: t123winters

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 11/07/13 06:13 PM

Quote:

You obviously missed the earlier thread 2.5 years ago where someone said, in all belief, that hunting under or near an oak and around acorns or persimmons or somesuch was using bait. Apparently they hunt in pastures with fescue or near gravel pits.
yes sir I did,my apologies brother.
Posted By: NightHunter

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 11/07/13 08:00 PM

I am not going to say hunters that do it right are in the minority but it is close.
Posted By: Stob

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 11/07/13 08:45 PM

If you cant do it right, you aint done nothin!!!!
Posted By: mike35549

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 11/07/13 10:47 PM

I don't hunt over corn but I think if you wanted to on your land you should be able to.
Posted By: Gotcha1

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 11/08/13 09:34 AM

We have a boy here in Chambers County that has been caught night hunting 3 different times. He continues to do it and pay the fine. Next night, he is out hunting again. Actually had his picture made with 3 bucks in his truck at the local sports store. He said he killed one a couple of nights ago, and two the night before. Bragged about killing one while it was breeding a doe at night.
Kills around 20 a year according to one of his neighbors. Why in the he!! can't the law keep him from doing it?
Posted By: BPS

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 11/09/13 05:28 PM

Do-gooders unite! thumbup
Posted By: spy

Re: renegade outlaw hunters - 11/09/13 08:15 PM

Because he hasnt went in front of the right judge yet. night hunting on the second time he is found guilty is suppost to be jail time. Up to one year. must be freinds with the judge.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM