Aldeer.com

Winchester Deer Season XP Copper Impact

Posted By: jwp0020

Winchester Deer Season XP Copper Impact - 11/05/18 05:21 PM

Winchester was supposed to release this bullet for this season, but I am having trouble locating a box of 130 grain .270 bullets. Has anyone seen these being sold anywhere?
Posted By: Vermicious Knid

Re: Winchester Deer Season XP Copper Impact - 11/05/18 05:38 PM

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/pro...-lead-free-130-grain-20-rounds?a=2183323

https://www.ganderoutdoors.com/prod...70-Win-130-gr&i=279101&from=grid

Posted By: Cynical

Re: Winchester Deer Season XP Copper Impact - 11/05/18 05:51 PM

Did you read these links first? smile
Posted By: Powpow65

Re: Winchester Deer Season XP Copper Impact - 11/05/18 05:52 PM

Looks kinda like a ttsx. The original deer season xp is very accurate but results on deer were not great for me.
Posted By: Vermicious Knid

Re: Winchester Deer Season XP Copper Impact - 11/05/18 07:18 PM

If I said yes, would you believe me? whistle

*Currently shows as in stock*

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1...opper-polymer-tipped-boat-tail-lead-free
Posted By: longshot

Re: Winchester Deer Season XP Copper Impact - 11/05/18 07:22 PM

My guess is the Nosler Bullets. just a guess but considering Nosler and Winchester have already teamed up on the Silver Tips....... Also Remington now own Barnes Bullets and they ended the contract with Federal who use to load Barnes Bullets in their Premium line so them allowing another competing Ammo Manufacture to use them is very doubtful.
Posted By: AU7MM08

Re: Winchester Deer Season XP Copper Impact - 11/05/18 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Powpow65
Looks kinda like a ttsx. The original deer season xp is very accurate but results on deer were not great for me.

If they perform like TTSX it will be an interesting option at like 40% cheaper. TTSX is pretty much $2ish a round.
Posted By: Fldoghunter

Re: Winchester Deer Season XP Copper Impact - 11/06/18 12:11 AM

In the pics, they look like they have a bigger tip than the ttsx.
Posted By: longshot

Re: Winchester Deer Season XP Copper Impact - 11/06/18 07:16 PM

I would not hesitate to give them a try if they shot accurately. I shoot TSXs in 7mm08 and Partitions in 270. both have outstanding performance records I would expect nothing less from these. I have tried just about every one of the premium bullets at one time or another. except for the Trophy bonded Bear Claws and that's because I cant seem to get my hands on any. Whitetails aint hard to kill. any well made bullet with a well placed shot will do the job.
Posted By: M48scout

Re: Winchester Deer Season XP Copper Impact - 11/07/18 02:41 AM

These do not appear to have the ribbed body that TTSX bullets have. My understanding is that Barnes had to do that for accuracy issues caused by the soft unalloyed copper shank with so much contact with the rifling. I want to say that the Hornady GMX was able to lose some of the ribbed length (and increased shank length)by alloying the copper a little, increasing hardness. Of course a harder bullet will not open as quickly or widely all things being equal and perhaps that's behind the reputation of GMX being somewhat less traumatic of a bullet vs the TTSX.

All that to say, with this bullet having zero ribs and full shank contact with the rifling, I wonder what design tradeoffs they made. Perhaps it's a still harder bullet (as in equal to normal jacketed bullet alloying) but with the wide meplat, maybe that compensates for it. I will be interested to read about performance on these this season.
Posted By: Powpow65

Re: Winchester Deer Season XP Copper Impact - 01/18/19 10:02 PM

Anyone tried these on a deer yet?
© 2024 ALDEER.COM