Aldeer.com

Hondar 350 ES problems shifting to reverse

Posted By: DeerTracker

Hondar 350 ES problems shifting to reverse - 10/27/18 02:24 AM

Went to backup up this morning and 4 wheeler would not go in reverse. Any suggestions??
Posted By: nolehunter74

Re: Hondar 350 ES problems shifting to reverse - 10/27/18 04:32 AM

There is a hose or cable going to rear axle that has came off. Mine did it before and it was easy to put back on.
Posted By: twaldrop4

Re: Hondar 350 ES problems shifting to reverse - 10/27/18 06:02 AM

Mine is doing the same thing. 4 wheeler shop by the house says it’s a shift motor. Once mine warms up it’ll down shift. No problem shifting up. I’ve tried everything except swapping the shift motor. I guess that’s next.
Posted By: JA

Re: Hondar 350 ES problems shifting to reverse - 10/27/18 01:00 PM

Make sure the battery is fully charged.
Posted By: Gary08

Re: Hondar 350 ES problems shifting to reverse - 10/27/18 02:24 PM

I tore my shift motor down and cleaned it and it started back working right. I replaced the shift angle sensor ( I think that was it) and it didn’t help but it was cheap. It was doing like twaldrop was saying and not downshifting when cold.
Posted By: dBmV

Re: Hondar 350 ES problems shifting to reverse - 10/27/18 03:24 PM

Timely post for me. My old Honda has gotten to where it won't down shift. For a while I could rock it and it would shift, lately I've had to push it backwards off the trailer. Guess I need to fire up the Google and learn about the shift motor.
Posted By: DeerTracker

Re: Hondar 350 ES problems shifting to reverse - 10/27/18 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by nolehunter74
There is a hose or cable going to rear axle that has came off. Mine did it before and it was easy to put back on.

Got it working!!! The hose/cable to the reverse switch indicator plug on the backside of the motor had come off. Rode over some nasty gnarly stuff the other day and something must have snagged that wire and pulled it off the connector.
Posted By: twaldrop4

Re: Hondar 350 ES problems shifting to reverse - 10/27/18 10:22 PM

I cleaned my shift motor and it helped for a while and now it’s back to not downshifting.
Posted By: GKelly

Re: Hondar 350 ES problems shifting to reverse - 10/28/18 01:53 AM

there is a sensor that looks like a spark plug on the rear of the motor think its called reverse sensor may be wrong its a 15 dollar part or could come unpkugged it wont let it go in reverse if its bad
Posted By: ghost rabbit

Re: Hondar 350 ES problems shifting to reverse - 10/30/18 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by GKelly
there is a sensor that looks like a spark plug on the rear of the motor think its called reverse sensor may be wrong its a 15 dollar part or could come unpkugged it wont let it go in reverse if its bad

I could be wrong but I don't think that sensor if its like most will keep it from going in reverse. It only senses when its in reverse giving you your light on the dash. It should go into reverse regardless.
Posted By: GKelly

Re: Hondar 350 ES problems shifting to reverse - 10/30/18 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by ghost rabbit
Originally Posted by GKelly

I could be wrong but I don't think that sensor if its like most will keep it from going in reverse. It only senses when its in reverse giving you your light on the dash. It should go into reverse regardless.

nope my buddy has same honda 350 u got his went out and it it would shift into every gear but reverse. it is called the neutral sensor if it goes out it wont allow you to shift to reverse because it doesnt think the machine is in neutral.
Posted By: James

Re: Hondar 350 ES problems shifting to reverse - 10/30/18 04:12 AM

Sell that Hondar, and get ya a real Honda grin
Posted By: alhawk

Re: Hondar 350 ES problems shifting to reverse - 10/30/18 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by DeerTracker
Originally Posted by nolehunter74

Got it working!!! The hose/cable to the reverse switch indicator plug on the backside of the motor had come off. Rode over some nasty gnarly stuff the other day and something must have snagged that wire and pulled it off the connector.

Glad this solved the problem. Just picked ours up today and it was the same thing. Will apply a little silicone to it tomorrow to keep it in.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM