Aldeer.com

Lightweight/portable ladderstand

Posted By: UA Hunter

Lightweight/portable ladderstand - 09/25/18 07:23 PM

Anyone know of one that is easily moved and setup by one person?
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Lightweight/portable ladderstand - 09/25/18 07:31 PM

No.
Posted By: ALFisher

Re: Lightweight/portable ladderstand - 09/25/18 07:58 PM

Yes. Millennium makes a tripod stand that is easily moved by one person. Purchase the leg extensions, and you've got a great, easily moveable stand.

https://millenniumstands.com/product/t-100-10-ft-aluminum-tripod/

Also, why not use one with climbing sticks? One person can move those.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Lightweight/portable ladderstand - 09/25/18 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by ALFisher
Yes. Millennium makes a tripod stand that is easily moved by one person. Purchase the leg extensions, and you've got a great, easily moveable stand.

https://millenniumstands.com/product/t-100-10-ft-aluminum-tripod/

Also, why not use one with climbing sticks? One person can move those.

$400!??!

I got a 12' tripod that's moveable by one fella (me) from Sportsman's guide last fall. I'm pretty sure I paid around $65. I remember it was less than $100.
Posted By: Luvbowhuntn

Re: Lightweight/portable ladderstand - 09/25/18 08:16 PM

You’d probably be better off just grabbing a lock on and sticks
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: Lightweight/portable ladderstand - 09/25/18 08:16 PM

I hope this doesn't come across as anything other than curiosity, but I'm always intrigued at how many folks on here ask about "portable" ladder stands or "carrying in" loc-ons and sticks--both of which are intended to NOT be moved. What do y'all have against climbing stands? It seems really odd that you wouldn't just use a climber-- the stand that's actually intended to be portable! laugh confused

Re: Lightweight/portable ladderstand - 09/25/18 08:28 PM

I'll probably just end up with a lock on, just checking on an alternative. I have one of the tripods, but have several areas including public land that it's not feasible to carry it to. Ikb, I regularly use a climber, but have several areas that the trees aren't conducive to climbing.
Posted By: ALFisher

Re: Lightweight/portable ladderstand - 09/25/18 08:56 PM

You mean this one? https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/guide-gear-12039-tripod-deer-stand?a=1950599

Those are good stands. I have a couple. I have the millennium because it weighs half as much, and more importantly is adjustable. meaning, it goes on uneven ground. And yes, it is significantly more comfortable.
Posted By: Clem

Re: Lightweight/portable ladderstand - 09/25/18 09:12 PM

Do you guys with the tripods put them against a tree in the woods? Or against a tree on the edge of a field?
Posted By: pcoladoc

Re: Lightweight/portable ladderstand - 09/25/18 09:43 PM

ikillbux - there actually is a somewhat new trend of mobile hunting - "run and gun" - using climbing sticks and lightweight loc ons. I tried using Muddy Aerolite Sticks and a Millenium loc on a few times. Always got sweaty and frustrated. Also didn't feel stealthy enough to warrant using. I'm 56 and not as nimble as I once was though.

Re: Lightweight/portable ladderstand - 09/25/18 09:53 PM

How is this a new trend? Folks have used climbers and lock-ons with sticks for 20+ years. If it didn't work in a spot, move it. Move between morning and evening. Move if a front was coming in or something.

What's the trend now? Moving every couple of hours?
Posted By: jaredhunts

Re: Lightweight/portable ladderstand - 09/25/18 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by ikillbux
I hope this doesn't come across as anything other than curiosity, but I'm always intrigued at how many folks on here ask about "portable" ladder stands or "carrying in" loc-ons and sticks--both of which are intended to NOT be moved. What do y'all have against climbing stands? It seems really odd that you wouldn't just use a climber-- the stand that's actually intended to be portable! laugh confused

I would rather move a ladder every now and then. Just don't care much for a climber. I feel more comfortable in a good ladder stand. I've got a Muddy that I move a few times a year.

Re: Lightweight/portable ladderstand - 09/25/18 10:53 PM

Clem, I've used my tripod on fields, woods, powerlines, etc., but 55 or 60 lbs and 12 ft long isn't easily moved in thick woods, swamps, etc. I'm not necessarily looking to move every few hours, but would depending on the situation.
Posted By: Joe4majors

Re: Lightweight/portable ladderstand - 09/26/18 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by ikillbux

I can get into trees that can’t be climbed with a climber. Also, seems everyone I know that does/did climb has their own story of falling.
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Lightweight/portable ladderstand - 09/26/18 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Clem

How is this a new trend? Folks have used climbers and lock-ons with sticks for 20+ years. If it didn't work in a spot, move it. Move between morning and evening. Move if a front was coming in or something.

Clem, lock ons and sticks are super lite now. Guys are packing lock ons into the woods in the predawn and setting them up with relative ease for a morning hunt and then pulling them right back down to hunt somewhere else. Maybe folks have been using lock ons in this manner for years but it’s very popular now.

Re: Lightweight/portable ladderstand - 09/26/18 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Southwood7

Originally Posted by Clem

Clem, lock ons and sticks are super lite now. Guys are packing lock ons into the woods in the predawn and setting them up with relative ease for a morning hunt and then pulling them right back down to hunt somewhere else. Maybe folks have been using lock ons in this manner for years but it’s very popular now.

They have. Few things are new or "a trend" in hunting and fishing. But the gear definitely is better and lighter, IMO.
Posted By: ShaftOne

Re: Lightweight/portable ladderstand - 09/26/18 02:28 AM

I do not have much info on it, but ole man makes a portable ladder stand (bowlite) that may fit your criteria of light/portable ladder.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Lightweight/portable ladderstand - 09/26/18 02:51 PM

I usually put tripods on the edge of a field. Sometimes your field of vision is extremely limited by branches, and if you can get out from the woodline a few feet you can double the "degrees" you can see from 90 to 180 etc.
Posted By: subtlevibe

Re: Lightweight/portable ladderstand - 09/27/18 04:11 PM

I'm still using the summit climber out of local brand loyalty but it's clear lock-ons with sticks is the way to go
© 2024 ALDEER.COM